Spring Practice #2

Advertisement

Love the extra effort being out forth all around!! Don't think kosi has this in him, Jarren does but Tate is the kinda QB I've wanted for a while. kosi has that swag but doesnt put the effort in

Why aren’t the other QB’s out there working late?

Tate wants it the most. He’s gonna win the job based on hard work and effort

Advertisement
The importance of Osborn cannot be overstated.

By most accounts, our WR room was splintered, frustrated, and dropping more balls than a boys’ high school locker room.

His leadership, showing the young bucks how to be dedicated to the craft, will pay dividends this year.

Agreed.

Imagine seeing it in person. I thought I'd had a few to many crown & cokes before the game. I was like, who the **** is that? It was way before I even knew he was on Miami's radar. That's why I was so stoked when the news came out that all of the defensive coaches and Richt showed up to put a full court press on him, in efforts of bring him to Coral Gables.

IMO, he was the steal of the class. He was project for sure, but steal nonetheless.
I remember when he committed so many people were bashing him. They obviously didn't watch his film, and just saw the 2 stars by his name. I can't remember the last time I saw a man that big with a first step that fast. You HAVE to be really darn strong to get 340 lbs moving forward in such little time. Like you say, when he gets into game shape, he will be something else.

The importance of Osborn cannot be overstated.

By most accounts, our WR room was splintered, frustrated, and dropping more balls than a boys’ high school locker room.

His leadership, showing the young bucks how to be dedicated to the craft, will pay dividends this year.
This ☝🏼 So right on... if you watch the interview with Harley he talks about Osborn already leading these guys.

Advertisement
I remember when he committed so many people were bashing him. They obviously didn't watch his film, and just saw the 2 stars by his name. I can't remember the last time I saw a man that big with a first step that fast. You HAVE to be really darn strong to get 340 lbs moving forward in such little time. Like you say, when he gets into game shape, he will be something else.
I agree with the entire post, but you could not have worded the bolded part any better!

They definitely are completely different... tate is by far the best athlete out of the three & he was hand picked by this staff. But this offense to a tee is made for jarren. If he had tates leadership qualities it wouldnt even be a discussion. Also tate is nowhere near the passer that jarren is. Matocha has looked like hes gonna be nice down the road too. Honestly I'm happy if its tate or jarren in this offense. Long as we get good interior line play on the defense well be fine. Secondary needs time and experience to develope. Overall I think the offense Carrie's us this year. Welcome change.

Curious what it is about leadership you mean - is it the personality part? Tate is clearly a big personality who likes to be the center of attention. Or is it more the "be the first guy in, last guy out" type of leadership. It sounds like Jarren has really dedicated himself to learning the new offense. Maybe he will become more vocal as the spring season goes on (if that's the missing part). some guys are just lead by example, quiet guys. Others are more vocal.

Advertisement
ys.
It sounds like Jarren has really dedicated himself to learning the new offense.

Exactly, some people think leadership is all that rah rah $h!t.

Williams' twitter has been off for over a month now, while Martell & the rest of His BG crew were getting involved in twitter beefs with players from UF.

All that $h!t Bolden was talking and He's not even on campus yet...SMH.

Advertisement

Loving the work ethic of Osborn. Need more of this from our team. Starting to look like the Canes of old.

KJ Osborn story is giving me Hollywood Brown vibes, I know Marquise had 2 years, but I wouldn’t be surprised, if in his one season, KJ explodes on the National Scene. Shxt he could probably post 800-1000+ yrds and be a sleeper candidate for the Biletnikoff award. Even tho I expect JT4 to break out and do all of that, I definitely think it’s possible, under the right guidance of Enos and one of our QBs, to have 2 1000 yrd receivers on our team.

Advertisement
Back