Spring Practice #2

I’m sorta bummed out that the hardest working guys on the team are the transfers.

It’s great that KJ can help reshape that WR room. But how pathetic is it that these kids still didn’t know how to work hard?

I see a video of KJ and Tate staying after practice. How come I don’t see 30 other guys?

I remember when Moffitt was runnin summer workouts, and stayed around spring ball and essentially forced guys to stay and put in extra work. Those early 00s Canes worked harder than any group in Miami (and maybe CFB) history.

The after practice stuff wasn’t optional or vulantary. It was demanded and/or forced.

In the off season the offense hated the defense and vice versa. DBs were laying out WRs in 7v7 games when no coaches were around. There were locker room fights that were settled internally. There were initiations.

I’m sorry, but we aren’t even fvckin close to this ^. And I’m not convinced we ever will be again.

It starts at the top though. Need elite HC and an elite S&C coach. The heart of your team bleeds through those 2 coaches.

Well, that's part of Diaz's challenge -- changing the culture. And I think he specifically said one of the reasons why Osborn was so appealing to him were those intangibles.

Lets be honest, last year this thing hit rock bottom and it was emblematic of the leadership they had.

Advertisement
Wiggins is the most overrated WR we have.

Should've redshirted him and let him ride the pine until he was ready.

If Wiggins is overated then what is Hightower?

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was added to the biletnikoff watch during last season so I wouldnt Be surprised really. He seems to have impeccable work ethic.

Osborn is really what that group needed last year in terms of leadership but more importantly this year. Pairing him with Jeff Thomas should do wonders for him in terms of being his roommate and knowing the nuisances of the game. The whole receiver group needed someone like osborn tbh

I'm certainly as hopeful as anyone that KO turns out to be a stud for us, but to be clear there were 76 wr's on last year's Biletnikoff watch list. Tyre Brady for example (along with similar receivers) was on the list. Being on the list doesn't necessarily equate to elite status.

The truth of the matter is that we have reason to be hopeful about KO. But some of us are prematurely anointing him as a savior already. Just give it time. All will be revealed.

Advertisement
I'm certainly as hopeful as anyone that KO turns out to be a stud for us, but to be clear there were 76 wr's on last year's Biletnikoff watch list. Tyre Brady for example (along with similar receivers) was on the list. Being on the list doesn't necessarily equate to elite status.

The truth of the matter is that we have reason to be hopeful about KO. But some of us are prematurely anointing him as a savior already. Just give it time. All will be revealed.
You say that as if tyre Brady was some scrub or something, he’s been a baller since being at Marshall

Advertisement
Back