Spring Practice #2

Advertisement
butbutbutbut...it's hard to catch passes when they aren't thrown accurately...derp.

I'm tired of the excuses for our receivers dropping passes. It hits your hands, catch it. You drop passes, you don't play. Put Harley and Wiggins in front of a jugs machine and fire 2000 passes at them until they can secure the ball with their hands.

Yes.

In college, our OC and WR coach graded this way:

If you can get at least one hand on it, you are expected to catch it. If not, you are graded a "-" and not a "+"

Most good coaches grade receivers that way.

Based on what?
One good spring practice. All it takes to crown the victor.

Never mind his longest completion of the day was a pass that went off of Rob Knowles' hands and bounced into Mark Pope's.

There's a long way to go. Every day we'll have a new "clear #1".

Advertisement
I feel the same way with all these Tate doubters. Dude is ELITE
I do believe Jarren is very good though, they're just completely different.
They definitely are completely different... tate is by far the best athlete out of the three & he was hand picked by this staff. But this offense to a tee is made for jarren. If he had tates leadership qualities it wouldnt even be a discussion. Also tate is nowhere near the passer that jarren is. Matocha has looked like hes gonna be nice down the road too. Honestly I'm happy if its tate or jarren in this offense. Long as we get good interior line play on the defense well be fine. Secondary needs time and experience to develope. Overall I think the offense Carrie's us this year. Welcome change.

Kosi has the biggest arm, Jarren is the most accurate, but Tate will win the job bc that's who the team will rally behind. I think he will grasp the offense better and make wiser decisions with the ball than the other two.

a lot of truth in this post.

all three of these kids can throw and run.

it's what's between the ears, and inside the left ribcage which will make the QB

Advertisement

Why are you bringing me into this craziness.
I prefer my snow bunny a little different, than that stuff you tagged me in.
4854a13428527895abb3856f58ca0abf.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
They definitely are completely different... tate is by far the best athlete out of the three & he was hand picked by this staff. But this offense to a tee is made for jarren. If he had tates leadership qualities it wouldnt even be a discussion. Also tate is nowhere near the passer that jarren is. Matocha has looked like hes gonna be nice down the road too. Honestly I'm happy if its tate or jarren in this offense. Long as we get good interior line play on the defense well be fine. Secondary needs time and experience to develope. Overall I think the offense Carrie's us this year. Welcome change.
Great news and your last comment is surprising but exciting! If it turns out this way, we can go a long way this year.

I bet we have Tate for 3 more years and Jarren isn't about to wait so I think he will be as good as gone. Idk who Georgia Tech has at QB right now but could see him going there. Maybe a lower level P5 or a premier G5.
Lets just let the QB completion play out. Also, IF Williams doesn’t win and elects to transfer, absolutely no way Diaz allows him to go to GT.

Advertisement
Lets just let the QB completion play out. Also, IF Williams doesn’t win and elects to transfer, absolutely no way Diaz allows him to go to GT.

True, forgot about the in-conference thing. Still think Tate will be the clear leader for the job at the conclusion of the last scrimmage.

Advertisement
butbutbutbut...it's hard to catch passes when they aren't thrown accurately...derp.

I'm tired of the excuses for our receivers dropping passes. It hits your hands, catch it. You drop passes, you don't play. Put Harley and Wiggins in front of a jugs machine and fire 2000 passes at them until they can secure the ball with their hands.

If you can catch a wrench, you can catch a dodgeball.

How is brian and the boys responding to Stubblefield? They like him? from the vids we get to see, he looks like a technician to the T.

Also, Matocha isn't on campus yet so is your statement based off his HS highlight?

Advertisement
Back