Spring Practice #2

Fellas Pope has taken the next step. He's working his *** off. Enos is going to have a very tough decision on choosing who starts. Thomas, Osborn, Pope, and Hartley have all looked really good. Very explosive. But the problem is were going to need some size. Hightower and Wiggins have been dropping a lot of passes.

I thought Diaz ran him off. Isn't he at Georgia crooting against us now?

Advertisement
D2Gfic8WoAAkosb.jpg
Impressive frame. He can easily gain another 30lbs and hold it well. I think he'll be ready in ayear, possibly two years.

The thing about Cager, is that what's wrong with him can be fixed. Improved focus leads to fewer drops and using his size every play not just some of the time. If he improves his focus, he'll do very well this year.
I just Never thought he ran his routes hard enough and couldn’t consistently get open. Merely a possession receiver who didn’t have hands. He has a weird set of skills, big and tall , surprisingly quick considering his size but not fast and can jump but can not create seperation and has terrible hands

I just Never thought he ran his routes hard enough and couldn’t consistently get open. Merely a possession receiver who didn’t have hands. He has a weird set of skills, big and tall surprisingly quick and can jump but can create not seperation and has terrible hands

Brock ain’t lying....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just Never thought he ran his routes hard enough and couldn’t consistently get open. Merely a possession receiver who didn’t have hands. He has a weird set of skills, big and tall , surprisingly quick considering his size but not fast and can jump but can not create seperation and has terrible hands
Yep. Dude caught with his chest way too much.

Advertisement
Tate is literally a baker/manziel/Murray clone. Short athletic qb who just drips swagger(attitude,leadership) whatever you want to call it. I think Perry and Williams are both superior throwers in comparison to tate. But tate is the kind of player where no stage is too big or bright.

I’d be shocked if it’s not Tate’s job to lose at this point. I don’t even think he will really have to necessarily have to destroy the competition just keep it close enough where there’s room for interpretation.

The only issue we might see after spring is the transfer of a qb or even two. Would love for Williams to stick it out and back up tate and take over in two years. But I could easily see him moving on.

Advertisement
Tate is literally a baker/manziel/Murray clone. Short athletic qb who just drips swagger(attitude,leadership) whatever you want to call it. I think Perry and Williams are both superior throwers in comparison to tate. But tate is the kind of player where no stage is too big or bright.

I’d be shocked if it’s not Tate’s job to lose at this point. I don’t even think he will really have to necessarily have to destroy the competition just keep it close enough where there’s room for interpretation.

The only issue we might see after spring is the transfer of a qb or even two. Would love for Williams to stick it out and back up tate and take over in two years. But I could easily see him moving on.

Completely agree. If the starting QB spot is left open for interpretation then it's Tates job to lose. I personally think he's going to be the clear frontrunner after the conclusion of the last scrimmage bc I think he will run the offense the best.

I bet we have Tate for 3 more years and Jarren isn't about to wait so I think he will be as good as gone. Idk who Georgia Tech has at QB right now but could see him going there. Maybe a lower level P5 or a premier G5.

Every since Jordan Miller signed, I have been preaching that he is going to be a difference maker once he gets in college shape. Looks like he is well on his way to reshaping his body.

I saw him toss around huge O- linemen like rag dolls during his season year. He was literally the most powerful DT that I have ever seen in person at the high school level. He was way to heavy then, but yet he still had a quick burst off the line. One can only come to the conclusion that he will be even quicker with the much needed weight lost.

I'm very excited to see the big guy rumble this year!

Advertisement
Back