Spring Game Question

Then why am I the only one who knew that the mayor of Coral Gables is an ex UM trustee?

Why am I the only one who knew the population of the Gables, as well as the employee and student count of UM?

Why am I the only one who knew how many acres a typical college football stadium sits on, or the acreage of UM’s lake Osceola?

All I do is bring facts, evidence, and reasoned, independent thinking to the discussion.

Some of you saw a 30-for-30 made by a film student a few years ago and now you think you’re experts.
Your not the only one who knew all the above non meaningful info you porsted...

Advertisement
Your not the only one who knew all the above non meaningful info you porsted...

I’m sure you knew all along.

You don’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re,” but I’m sure you’ve taken the time to learn the history of the mayor of Coral Gables or read up on the land requirements for stadium construction.

Seems legit.

You don’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re,” but I’m sure you’ve taken the time to learn the history of the mayor of Coral Gables or read up on the land requirements for stadium construction.

Seems legit.
I know the current roads aren't enough to handle the traffic. I know the high cost of the environmental studies required before undertaking a project this size. I know the cost of acquiring the additional land required. I know people aren't usually happy about building a stadium near their million dollar homes. I know people usually do studies to find out if there will be an increase or reduction in the number of potential attendees.
But no, I don't know the mayor of Coral Gables.

Then why am I the only one who knew that the mayor of Coral Gables is an ex UM trustee?

Why am I the only one who knew the population of the Gables, as well as the employee and student count of UM?

Why am I the only one who knew how many acres a typical college football stadium sits on, or the acreage of UM’s lake Osceola?

All I do is bring facts, evidence, and reasoned, independent thinking to the discussion.

Some of you saw a 30-for-30 made by a film student a few years ago and now you think you’re experts.
Google, Einstein.....

Seems legit.
What you think (Mr Grammar Police) means absolutely F ing nothing to me...One bit...Only a Shmuck (such as yourself) would actually believe an on-campus Stadium is even remotely possible...but by all means, keep believing your stupidity...

Advertisement
What you think (Mr Grammar Police) means absolutely F ing nothing to me...One bit...Only a Shmuck (such as yourself) would actually believe an on-campus Stadium is even remotely possible...but by all means, keep believing your stupidity...

Yeah, you really strike me as the type who doesn’t care what other people think of you.

That’s why you post pictures of you with former players, or try to brag about how you’re “on campus” because your “portfolio” would have the rest of us “embarrassed” or some barely coherent **** like that.

As if any of that stuff makes you somebody. If anything, I get a strong Nevin Shapiro vibe from your posts.

The one thing I will give you credit for though - you do have good taste in bagels.

Yeah, you really strike me as the type who doesn’t care what other people think of you.

That’s why you post pictures of you with former players, or try to brag about how you’re “on campus” because your “portfolio” would have the rest of us “embarrassed” or some barely coherent **** like that.

As if any of that stuff makes you somebody. If anything, I get a strong Nevin Shapiro vibe from your posts.

The one thing I will give you credit for though - you do have good taste in bagels.
Look Douchebag....I have Pics with several players because "I"..unlike yourself had a family member on staff for 7yrs....and your right...I give ZERO Fs what somebody thinks of me....Why??...It has no bearing whatsoever on my life....

we pay 4 million a year to use it so I’m pretty sure it’s not by the game

We DO NOT have UNLIMITED ACCESS to Hard Rock for however much we pay per year.

ANY existing stadium contract limits the amount and times of usage.

So unless the Spring game was included in the package we agreed and signed...(and iobviously IT'S NOT since it's scheduled elsewhere.)...it would be considered an additional use requiring additional payment to Hard Rock

Last edited:
Because the University of Miami, with its 30,000 employees and students and $2.9 billion in annual revenue has no clout at all in Coral Gables.... a city with a total population of around 60,000.

This whole "Coral Gables would never allow it" narrative is ignorant as ****, to be honest. It's exactly what the BOT would want you to believe, and I suppose gullible people are going to lap it up.

Use common sense. UM is the biggest hitter in Coral Gables by far. If UM wants something done in that city it will get done.

Where on the Gables campus would you put a stadium and where would people park?

Advertisement
Pffttt...No Problem according to some....One simpleton said to cover up Lake Osceola and that would do the trick....Only a Grade A CIS Imbecile (and God knows they're plentiful) would think the present infrastructure at UM would allow an on Campus Stadium....

Pffttt...No Problem according to some....One simpleton said to cover up Lake Osceola and that would do the trick....Only a Grade A CIS Imbecile (and God knows they're plentiful) would think the present infrastructure at UM would allow an on Campus Stadium....

yea...

I don't wanna come off like a snob but a lot of these dudes never been on campus, and they don't understand how small the []__[] is or what Coral Gables is all about. They get overly-emotional (as if any fan disagrees with the concept of having an on-campus stadium) when, in actuality, downtown is a superior location logistically and culturally. The OB was a perfect site.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agree with the follow the money posts. But UM is missing having an event to get people to sign up for next season. They, at one time, used the Spring game to also have a "Select a seat" to get people to sign up for season tickets and the Hurricane Club.

There used to also be a 3 game baseball home stand vs fsu. It was great going from OB to mark light on a Saturday.

Yet nearly every other university in America manages to make it work. Some are in bigger cities than Miami, or places with worse roads.

I guess you can choose to believe that Miami’s situation is really so unique and different.

I think it’s more likely that UM’s admin is just cheap and lacking commitment to football. They‘ve demonstrated this in other ways several times over the years.

When was the last time you actually walked the campus?

yea...

I don't wanna come off like a snob but a lot of these dudes never been on campus, and they don't understand how small the []__[] is or what Coral Gables is all about. They get overly-emotional (as if any fan disagrees with the concept of having an on-campus stadium) when, in actuality, downtown is a superior location logistically and culturally. The OB was a perfect site.
Culturally, yes. Logistically, HRS is located perfectly to maximize accessibility to Broward and Palm Beach. It might not have revitalized Miami Hardens, but Joe Robbie did pick an accessible location.

Advertisement
Yet nearly every other university in America manages to make it work. Some are in bigger cities than Miami, or places with worse roads.

I guess you can choose to believe that Miami’s situation is really so unique and different.

I think it’s more likely that UM’s admin is just cheap and lacking commitment to football. They‘ve demonstrated this in other ways several times over the years.
Can’t compare the student population of UM to those other school. There aren’t enough students to justify a stadium on campus. The average UM football fan isn’t a student, so why cater to them? It’s bad business.

I would suggest filling in about 1/5th of Lake Osceola at the center of campus.

The surface area of the lake is about 156 acres. Stanford's stadium, which we can look at as a reference, sits on about 18 acres including parking.

Most universities don't have dedicated stadium parking. Instead, they offer shuttle service to off-site parking
When was the last time you actually walked the campus?

In 2003, when I graduated.

I dont understand how dudes who have never been on campus cant take 2 minutes to look up a satellite view on the internet of the campus to get a better understanding of the layout...

I would suggest filling in about 1/5th of Lake Osceola at the center of campus.

The surface area of the lake is about 156 acres. Stanford's stadium, which we can look at as a reference, sits on about 18 acres including parking.

Most universities don't have dedicated stadium parking. Instead, they offer shuttle service to off-site parking

In 2003, when I graduated.
Are those shuttles going to run up to the county line to accommodate the fans in Broward and Palm Beach who won't drive into Miami because of the traffic?

Advertisement
Back