Spring Game Question

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because the University of Miami, with its 30,000 employees and students and $2.9 billion in annual revenue has no clout at all in Coral Gables.... a city with a total population of around 60,000.

This whole "Coral Gables would never allow it" narrative is ignorant as ****, to be honest. It's exactly what the BOT would want you to believe, and I suppose gullible people are going to lap it up.

Use common sense. UM is the biggest hitter in Coral Gables by far. If UM wants something done in that city it will get done.
The stadium will never be in coral gables because the fans and the students are different people. Makes no sense to build an on campus stadium unless the school wants to go FCS.

Anyone who thinks we can have an on campus stadium has never been to Coral Gables.

Residents aren’t head over heels for the university, traffic with so many local roads would be a nightmare, and there’s no room.

Only way it would have a chance is if the university buys an insane amount of land, and a N/S highway is built right to the stadium.

Advertisement
Pointless arguing these are the people who have clearly never been to the Gables. I’ve been to a basketball game that took 40 mins from the end of 95 to campus. That **** is like 3 miles at best.

People are so stupid aren’t they? I’ve been on a 45 minute backup on US 1 for a cot**** baseball game with 1,000 people.

In fact, US 1 is clogged pretty much all the time anyway.

This stadium on campus issue is like an intelligence test. Anybody that advocates for it, automatically falls sub 100

What is the fascination with bagels? Seriously, I don’t get it.

Muffins or biscuits are much more flavorful and tasty.

Advertisement
We agree on that.

It’s never happening because our admin and BOT are a bunch of clowns who don’t care about football.

It’s the same reason why Miami will never be “back.”

If the commitment were there, we could have a stadium and a winning program.

Coach Schnelly campaigned for an on-campus stadium back in the 80’s. The BOT didn’t want to spend the money. Not much has changed - still zero commitment to winning from our garbage BOT
The way the campus looked in the 80s (building wise) compared to today is apples and oranges. Its a sardine can....

Nah....Thinly sliced Red Onion..Everything Bagel...Nova Lox...Herbed Cream Cheese...and Capers on Cream Cheese = GOAT
That sounds orgasmic......
Lol. On a serious note. Can't get upset at ignorance. The guy obviously has no clue on the logistics and the lay out of main campus. In addition to the inner workings of Coral Gables politics ....

Advertisement
If you doubt that Coral Gables would not allow a stadium, then why did it take so long to build what is now known as the Watsco Center? UM had been trying to build a multi purpose building since the 60s.

Also talk to the people in the construction related business' that have to get permits to work in Coral Gables. I have a friend who installs Hurricane Shutters and won't work in Coral Gables because of the hassle in getting permits and approvals. He has enough work outside of Coral Gables to keep him busy and does not need the hassle.

The stadium will never be in coral gables because the fans and the students are different people. Makes no sense to build an on campus stadium unless the school wants to go FCS.

Yet nearly every other university in America manages to make it work. Some are in bigger cities than Miami, or places with worse roads.

I guess you can choose to believe that Miami’s situation is really so unique and different.

I think it’s more likely that UM’s admin is just cheap and lacking commitment to football. They‘ve demonstrated this in other ways several times over the years.

That sounds orgasmic......
Lol. On a serious note. Can't get upset at ignorance. The guy obviously has no clue on the logistics and the lay out of main campus. In addition to the inner workings of Coral Gables politics ....

Then why am I the only one who knew that the mayor of Coral Gables is an ex UM trustee?

Why am I the only one who knew the population of the Gables, as well as the employee and student count of UM?

Why am I the only one who knew how many acres a typical college football stadium sits on, or the acreage of UM’s lake Osceola?

All I do is bring facts, evidence, and reasoned, independent thinking to the discussion.

Some of you saw a 30-for-30 made by a film student a few years ago and now you think you’re experts.

Advertisement
Back