Spring breakout player predictions

U

User-4525

Offense: Travis Homer. Special teams superstar who will finally get touches this year. Cantwait.gif

Defense: Zach McCloud. I always thought he had the most potential of the three and he will catch up to the other two standouts

the offseason is here.....

Advertisement
Can't wait to see what Homer can do with more carries.

Everyone jumped on the McCloud is the best of the 3 hype but let's not forget Pinckney and Quarterman should also get better.

That trio should be scary good next season.

Haskins might surprise all of us also

Def think Young takes a step during Spring for the defense. Offense, tough choices but I'm going Herndon. See what he can do being the primary TE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinckney and Shaq have been ahead of McCloud in every conceivable way since day 1, and yet folks are still predicting that McCloud will be the best of the bunch.

Here's a hot take:

Owens starts over McCloud in 2017

Advertisement
McCloud is the most talented was behind mentally of the other 2, just took him a little longer as is expected from most normal freshman (56 savage and shaq were just ahead of curve). McCloud started to flash late in year and in bowl game really showed what the future will bring. He will definitely be a beast moving forward...

Either way its awesome having debates about players like this because that means talent is trending up!

Allison nugget
Travis Haney from 247 who used to be at Espn just posted something interesting
He just posted his breakout qbs for 2017.

"Loyalty — and consistently — will give Rosier the first crack, but those close to the program say to watch for the emergence of redshirt freshman Jack Allison, a coveted four-star recruit in the class of 2016. The 6-foot-5 prospect was raw in his first year in the program, but he is expected to develop entering Year 2. Can Rosier do enough to hold him off?"

I don't anyone knows what to expect with Allison but we've heard that those close to the program apparently are hoping Perry will be ready, so I don't know what to think.

Advertisement
I don't anyone knows what to expect with Allison but we've heard that those close to the program apparently are hoping Perry will be ready, so I don't know what to think.

We haven't heard people close to the program say anything of that sort. Please, please, please find me a quote of somebody on staff saying anything remotely resembling what you just posted.

I can't wait to see Homer, get more carries. The kid seems like he can fly and is obviously tough based on his work on ST's.

We haven't heard people close to the program say anything of that sort. Please, please, please find me a quote of somebody on staff saying anything remotely resembling what you just posted.

The owner of this site made a thread about it.

Can't wait to see what Homer can do with more carries.

Everyone jumped on the McCloud is the best of the 3 hype but let's not forget Pinckney and Quarterman should also get better.

That trio should be scary good next season.

Haskins might surprise all of us also

Agree. Where did this "McCloud has the most potential" come from? I read once or twice in the press and now everyone on this site regurgitates it. If you're going to say something like that at least tell us why because it didn't look like it on the field this year. The other two were animals and I fully expect them to continue to get better.

Advertisement

Did he quote anybody? He's interviewed a few guys who have said the exact opposite. Stan Dobard comes to mind. You keep going around posting that people close to the program have already given up on Allison though because one person posted it with no source.

Did he quote anybody? He's interviewed a few guys who have said the exact opposite. Stan Dobard comes to mind. You keep going around posting that people close to the program have already given up on Allison though because one person posted it with no source.

Let's see your proof, Mrs. Allison.

Let's see your proof, Mrs. Allison.

Aside from a journalist with no citation please name one person who has said hinted at the fact Perry better be ready because Allison won't cut it. I have no dog in the fight. I want the best QB to get the job. Just calling you out on your BS.

Advertisement
Oh wait, nevermind. Your post was meant to be like a "yeah, you do that" type of thing.

Well I don't think anyone's given up on Allison yet. Although I do think Richt wants it to be Perry because I heard Alex Donno on 560 say that the first phone call he made when he got the job was to Perry.

And I don't know why you're getting all upset with me. I'm inclined to listen to what Pete has to say most of the time. Not surprising that Dobard and other players like Allison considering they were teammates.

Last edited:
think cager scores a bunch of TDs. He'll become the go-to red zone threat. Also looking for RJ to become an all ACC player

Oh wait, nevermind. Your post was meant to be like a "yeah, you do that" type of thing.

Well I don't think anyone's given up on Allison yet. Although I do think Richt wants it to be Perry because I heard Alex Donno on 560 say that the first phone call he made when he got the job was to Perry.

You think Richt wants it to be Perry because a radio DJ said the first phone call he made after accepting the job was to Perry.

A) You believe Richt's first phone call after taking the job was to Perry? Think about that. That's nonsense.

B) If it were true, so what?

You think Richt wants it to be Perry because a radio DJ said the first phone call he made after accepting the job was to Perry.

A) You believe Richt's first phone call after taking the job was to Perry? Think about that. That's nonsense.

B) If it were true, so what?

A) Yes, I absolutely believe that Richt's first phone call may very well have been to Perry. What's so unbelievable about that?

B) It doesn't mean that Richt is going to hand anything to Perry, especially since he's not an EE.

I hope Allison emerges out of spring as the starter. I also hope there's a healthy competition between he and Perry in the summer/fall.

Advertisement
Back