Spring breakout player predictions

Advertisement
Ok, that's one way of back peddling. Don't go around quoting Ariz when he won't even quote anybody himself. Unless spreading gossip is your thing. In that case, have at it.

Allison nugget
Travis Haney from 247 who used to be at Espn just posted something interesting
He just posted his breakout qbs for 2017.

"Loyalty — and consistently — will give Rosier the first crack, but those close to the program say to watch for the emergence of redshirt freshman Jack Allison, a coveted four-star recruit in the class of 2016. The 6-foot-5 prospect was raw in his first year in the program, but he is expected to develop entering Year 2. Can Rosier do enough to hold him off?"

the **** is this?

Oh wait, nevermind. Your post was meant to be like a "yeah, you do that" type of thing.

Well I don't think anyone's given up on Allison yet. Although I do think Richt wants it to be Perry because I heard Alex Donno on 560 say that the first phone call he made when he got the job was to Perry.

And I don't know why you're getting all upset with me. I'm inclined to listen to what Pete has to say most of the time. Not surprising that Dobard and other players like Allison considering they were teammates.

My issue with the "first call Richt made was to Perry" logic is two fold:
1. Perry's de commitment played a role in that
2. Don't forget Richt's first priority recruit at Uga was DJ Shockley and he proceeded to use him sparingly while David Greene, who had committed to the previous staff, set all sorts of NCAA and SEC records. And Shockley had a great senior season in his lone year at starter but sat behind Greene because he didn't know the offense despite his superior skill set as a thrower and runner.

Ok, that's one way of back peddling. Don't go around quoting Ariz when he won't even quote anybody himself. Unless spreading gossip is your thing. In that case, have at it.

Shooting ***** on your wife's face is my thing.

And wtf am I backpedaling from? All I said was that we've heard that those within the progrum want Perry to win the job. I'm sorry that it's not backed up by three sources. I literally said I don't know what to think about Allison. Sounds like your issue is with Ariz.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can't wait to see what Homer can do with more carries.

Everyone jumped on the McCloud is the best of the 3 hype but let's not forget Pinckney and Quarterman should also get better.

That trio should be scary good next season.

Haskins might surprise all of us also

Agree. Where did this "McCloud has the most potential" come from? I read once or twice in the press and now everyone on this site regurgitates it. If you're going to say something like that at least tell us why because it didn't look like it on the field this year. The other two were animals and I fully expect them to continue to get better.

Lots on the recruiting board over the last couple years had similar thoughts on McCloud having the highest ceiling of all three coming out because his film was very raw but he really flashed on tape. also had the most ideal measurables of the three hence the potential arguments. barring injury, all three should earn NFL paychecks and that's exciting as f*ck for the future of our defense.

Everyone jumped on the McCloud is the best of the 3 hype but let's not forget Pinckney and Quarterman should also get better.

Agree. Where did this "McCloud has the most potential" come from? I read once or twice in the press and now everyone on this site regurgitates it. If you're going to say something like that at least tell us why because it didn't look like it on the field this year. The other two were animals and I fully expect them to continue to get better.

This is a "breakout player" thread.

Each LB brings something different - McCloud's tackling in space and closing speed really started to show at the end of the season (plus I believe he was recovering from a lingering elbow injury). I think McCloud has the potential to develop into a bigger version of Sean Spence. With all that said, our LB talent and depth for next season may prove itself to be elite. What else can we ask for?

Advertisement
Allison is a pocket passer that's not a runner. Richt is drooling at the potential of the RPO as that has become the norm now to open up the defense. He wants his offense to be like Louisville and Clemson and Perry has the skill set for that. He couldn't do this at Georgia because the boosters wanted the Payton Manning pro style offense. That's why he couldn't close on Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson. This was told to me by an Ex UGA player I was drinking with this weekend

Allison nugget
Travis Haney from 247 who used to be at Espn just posted something interesting
He just posted his breakout qbs for 2017.

"Loyalty — and consistently — will give Rosier the first crack, but those close to the program say to watch for the emergence of redshirt freshman Jack Allison, a coveted four-star recruit in the class of 2016. The 6-foot-5 prospect was raw in his first year in the program, but he is expected to develop entering Year 2. Can Rosier do enough to hold him off?"

Rosier doesn't have a snowball's chance in **** of being the starting QB.

Allison is a pocket passer that's not a runner. Richt is drooling at the potential of the RPO as that has become the norm now to open up the defense. He wants his offense to be like Louisville and Clemson and Perry has the skill set for that. He couldn't do this at Georgia because the boosters wanted the Payton Manning pro style offense. That's why he couldn't close on Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson. This was told to me by an Ex UGA player I was drinking with this weekend

This all makes sense but Jack can scramble. Not a proto-type RPO guy but he can move around. Enough to hold off the young guys for a season.

Advertisement

This is a "breakout player" thread.

Each LB brings something different - McCloud's tackling in space and closing speed really started to show at the end of the season (plus I believe he was recovering from a lingering elbow injury). I think McCloud has the potential to develop into a bigger version of Sean Spence. With all that said, our LB talent and depth for next season may prove itself to be elite. What else can we ask for?

agreed, he played his best ball at the end of the season. believe PFF graded him out as our best lb the last two game against duke and WV which is encouraging.

Advertisement

I've been looking at Draft eligible prospects as part of a Mock Draft thing I'm in.

I'd take our three Fr LBs over anyone currently eligible for the 2017 Draft. They're that good.

Joe Jackson is going next level this spring... It won't be a breakout to cane fans but I expect him to lead the ACC in sacks next year... He going from good to great...

Herndon in line for a big year coming up, it starts in spring...

Lol so boosters control who the starting QB's are now in college football? Hahahaha what's wrong with you people man

Advertisement
Back