Spring breakout player predictions

I think we are going to see Haskins if he stays out of the doghouse really step up and at least move up to 2nd on depth chart behind Herndon with both seeing a lot of playing time next season.

Another dark horse to watch is Ryan fines moving to guard hopefully he is able to develop into a somewhat quality depth guy on oline although I do not have as much faith in searles as I do in the other coaches on the staff

Advertisement
Brandon Taylor who coming over from da track team. He will break everyone of Hester's records at UM and win da Heisman in 2018.

To the nincompoop who compared McCloud to Spence... BE CAREFUL.

Spence in 2008: 65 tackles, 9.5 TFL

McCloud in 2016: 37 tackles, 3.5 TFL

Advertisement
Can't wait to see what Homer can do with more carries.

Everyone jumped on the McCloud is the best of the 3 hype but let's not forget Pinckney and Quarterman should also get better.

That trio should be scary good next season.

Haskins might surprise all of us also

Agree. Where did this "McCloud has the most potential" come from? I read once or twice in the press and now everyone on this site regurgitates it. If you're going to say something like that at least tell us why because it didn't look like it on the field this year. The other two were animals and I fully expect them to continue to get better.

This is a "breakout player" thread.

Each LB brings something different - McCloud's tackling in space and closing speed really started to show at the end of the season (plus I believe he was recovering from a lingering elbow injury). I think McCloud has the potential to develop into a bigger version of Sean Spence. With all that said, our LB talent and depth for next season may prove itself to be elite. What else can we ask for?

I understand what the thread is about, but thanks for clarifying. All I asked was for some substance behind why someone would say that McCloud has more potential than Shaq or Mike P. Both of those players haven't nearly reached their peak in terms of potential now. Just because they're better now doesn't mean their ceiling is lower.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok, that's one way of back peddling. Don't go around quoting Ariz when he won't even quote anybody himself. Unless spreading gossip is your thing. In that case, have at it.

Hey tough guy, just got off the phone with John Richt, it's Perrys job to lose

Advertisement
Rally hoping it's Donaldson on the ol and young and the young safeties on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Lol so boosters control who the starting QB's are now in college football? Hahahaha what's wrong with you people man

Allison is a pocket passer that's not a runner. Richt is drooling at the potential of the RPO as that has become the norm now to open up the defense. He wants his offense to be like Louisville and Clemson and Perry has the skill set for that. He couldn't do this at Georgia because the boosters wanted the Payton Manning pro style offense. That's why he couldn't close on Cam Newton and Deshaun Watson. This was told to me by an Ex UGA player I was drinking with this weekend

So the same boosters who get national championship winning, multi-million dollar head coaches fired don't have a say in little things like the offense they want to see, or who they want to see play qb....seems legit....the ignorance of this board is astounding....:stephenahand::Qft9gEw:

I think on offense everyone returning on the o line have something to prove an will take a huge step forward because they know if they had of played to expectations we could have been undefeated this year.

On defense i think all of the db's will have an awakening because of all the accolades the front seven an corn got this year I think they will show its the entire defense that's dominant not just the dline an linebackers.

Offense: Weldon (and hopefully Big Vaughn and Haskins)

Defense: ****.... Everyone. A little thin at DB but we're starting to get that Miami Type Speed, & Aggressiveness, .. just need to stack the chips.. like at DL

JC

Advertisement
Back