Sports Buzz: Analysis On The Roster After Spring

OL:

Darling 4*
McDermott 4*
Isidora 3* with 25 career starts
Linder 3* with two years of experience

That's four solid OL right there.

What happens when 1 or 2 go down? Then what? Also, not everyone lives up to their stars..

Advertisement
This stupid "SEC talent" argument is so tiresome. We have players on our roster that held offers from all the best programs, including SEC programs, that could've named their school.

they say this every year. I remember them bashing our 2013 team and the whole offense went to the NFL (besides Stacy who will be there next year)

So you think that this years rosterr is loaded too?

Relative to whom? Clemson? Bama? FSU? OSU?

Or are we talking UF, MSU, OU, Ole Miss, TCU, ND, Mich?

OL:

Darling 4*
McDermott 4*

What happens when 1 or 2 go down? Then what? Also, not everyone lives up to their stars..

I agree about not putting too much stock into stars but Darling, Linder, McDermott are each entering their third season. I think we'll see an improvement. Depth is shaky but one or two guys are bound to emerge out of a group of 15.

SO.jpg

OL:

Darling 4*
McDermott 4*

I agree about not putting too much stock into stars but Darling, Linder, McDermott are each entering their third season. I think we'll see an improvement. Depth is shaky but one or two guys are bound to emerge out of a group of 15.

Advertisement
This stupid "SEC talent" argument is so tiresome. We have players on our roster that held offers from all the best programs, including SEC programs, that could've named their school.

they say this every year. I remember them bashing our 2013 team and the whole offense went to the NFL (besides Stacy who will be there next year)

I dont think this roster as a whole is better than any of those teams. I would take this roster on offense over uf, nd (their o-line is better), tcu, ole miss, msu, mich, and ou(their rbs and o-line are better than miami tho).

OL:

Darling 4*
McDermott 4*

The same dudes who **** near got their qb killed on a 2 man rush? Yea those dudes is good.

Lol at anyone thinking this is a ACC championship roster....we have better coaching, but we don't have the players on the OL, WR, and DB to truly be what we want. We are going to have to recruit ourselves out of this mess....we may win the costal, but we aint winning a championship for awhile

I guess GaTech had ACC championship all world talent when they won the ACC right? Smh lol get off FSU and Clemson nuts, theyre not that talented. Coaching was the biigest gap between us and those teams.

View attachment 36130

OL:

Darling 4*
McDermott 4*

Dogflu is another guy who's been here for a long time and should improve. He came out of nowhere last year and played pretty well at times. Even Gall had some moments. All of them will benefit from better conditioning.

Advertisement

I dont think this roster as a whole is better than any of those teams. I would take this roster on offense over uf, nd (their o-line is better), tcu, ole miss, msu, mich, and ou(their rbs and o-line are better than miami tho).

Why wouldn't you take our roster as a whole over those others? Quality Depth? Number of top recruits?

A few things they missed:

• Richt is not impressed with the team as a whole, thought the roster was better from what he saw on paper.
  • He's questioning his decision to accept the job.
  • Mrs. Richt not acclimating to South Florida very well, spending most of her time in Athens.
  • He is really disappointed in the facilities, specifically lack of an IPF.
  • He wants JC Jackson, but Frenk won't allow it.
  • Apparently he has a 'One & Done' clause in his contract that allows for an easy exit.
  • Bridges to local high schools are not only burnt, but irreparable.

We're not in the SEC, we're in the ACC. People might as well be comparing our talent to the NFC West.... it's totally irrelevant to our bigger goal of winning the Coastal.

Look, I think we all understand that it's not the 80's anymore, and we're not gonna be challenging the Alabama's of the world anytime soon... but if we can at least win ANY BOWL GAME that would be a huge success for Mark Richt and improvement over Shannon and Golden

Why wouldn't you take our roster as a whole over those others? Quality Depth? Number of top recruits?

Really? Did you watch the Clemson and North Carolina games? Did you watch us almost lose to DUKE.... again.... for like the 3rd time in 5 years?

Man, some of you guys got the blinders on big league. I'm sure you're gonna tell me it was all coaching, but the reality is a big part of our failures have been the players

Advertisement

Really? Did you watch the Clemson and North Carolina games? Did you watch us almost lose to DUKE.... again.... for like the 3rd time in 5 years?

Man, some of you guys got the blinders on big league. I'm sure you're gonna tell me it was all coaching, but the reality is a big part of our failures have been the players

Wrong and clueless

Wrong and clueless

Yeah I'm sure the coaches were the reason these kids forgot how to block, catch and tackle lol.

Maybe entitled diva South Florida high school kids are overrated and soft, and not as good as everyone on this board seems to believe

More depth and better defensive talent.

Advertisement
Look man, you got it right there on the first page.... point blank. You can choose to throw up the blinders and ignore it, but it's there in black and white.

WE DON'T HAVE TALENT.

This is not a top 20 team from a talent perspective. Those "3 star south florida kids" you keep hyping were NOT as good as 4 stars elsewhere. That's coming direct from the horse's mouth.

Some of these local kids that yall hype up; Redwine, Gray, Herb Waters, Chad Thomas, Moten, etc etc are NOT as good as you said. They are overrated by the locals and it has nothing to do with coaching, they just don't have it.

Last edited:
They are very clearly downplaying expectations as much as possible, it is most obvious when Manny Diaz talks about the defense. Yes, we are not as talented as some other teams, but we do have talent. There are plenty of guys on this roster who will play in the pros, there are not that many teams that can say that. The Coastal isn't exactly a cutthroat division and we have the talent to win it.

I don't blame Richt for doing it, I would do the same in his position, you don't want expectations to be too high your first year especially in a brutal media environment like Miami. But it is disingenuous to a certain extent, he said we did not have a "superman" at DT as if that was a horrible flaw, how many teams really have a "superman" at DT? That criteria is pretty absurd.

I can tell you we do have a "superman" at QB and that counts for a lot.

They are very clearly downplaying expectations as much as possible, it is most obvious when Manny Diaz talks about the defense. Yes, we are not as talented as some other teams, but we do have talent. There are plenty of guys on this roster who will play in the pros, there are not that many teams that can say that. The Coastal isn't exactly a cutthroat division and we have the talent to win it.

I don't blame Richt for doing it, I would do the same in his position, you don't want expectations to be too high your first year especially in a brutal media environment like Miami. But it is disingenuous to a certain extent, he said we did not have a "superman" at DT as if that was a horrible flaw, how many teams really have a "superman" at DT? That criteria is pretty absurd.

I can tell you we do have a "superman" at QB and that counts for a lot.

They're not downplaying anything, they're telling it like it is.

You're choosing to put a spin on it to make yourself feel better.... and that's on you.

Advertisement
Back