1.SEC-309
2.ACC-239
3.B10-221
3.Pac-12-221
4.B12-134
5.AAC-96

**** even with all these ****** years we still killin it

Advertisement
Relative to whom? Clemson? Bama? FSU? OSU?

Or are we talking UF, MSU, OU, Ole Miss, TCU, ND, Mich?

I dont think this roster as a whole is better than any of those teams. I would take this roster on offense over uf, nd (their o-line is better), tcu, ole miss, msu, mich, and ou(their rbs and o-line are better than miami tho).

Why wouldn't you take our roster as a whole over those others? Quality Depth? Number of top recruits?

More depth and better defensive talent.

I am not sure how you are measuring depth but I call BS on that. I doubt you have gone through the 2nd and 3rd string depth chart of MSU. Our defensive talent is fine - our front 7 itself is very talented. Also, don't let the past 5 years taint your perception of defensive talent. We fielded arguably the worst talent-mismatched defensive philosophy of any top tier team. I think that is preventing you from seeing the real picture.

What have these guys done? Yall keep screaming talent but why arent these guys showing it?

Those programs actually have guys that have produced and not guys who may have been a 4 star out of high school who everyone claims is good.

I dont think this roster as a whole is better than any of those teams. I would take this roster on offense over uf, nd (their o-line is better), tcu, ole miss, msu, mich, and ou(their rbs and o-line are better than miami tho).

Why wouldn't you take our roster as a whole over those others? Quality Depth? Number of top recruits?

I am not sure how you are measuring depth but I call BS on that. I doubt you have gone through the 2nd and 3rd string depth chart of MSU. Our defensive talent is fine - our front 7 itself is very talented. Also, don't let the past 5 years taint your perception of defensive talent. We fielded arguably the worst talent-mismatched defensive philosophy of any top tier team. I think that is preventing you from seeing the real picture.

What have these guys done? Yall keep screaming talent but why arent these guys showing it?

Those programs actually have guys that have produced and not guys who may have been a 4 star out of high school who everyone claims is good.

Give it up bra, You ask why they are not showing it but don't mention the passive non aggressive scheme(2gap) the defense players specifically dlineman had to play in for 5 years. Our players have played in the worst scheme in football in the last 5 years

Last edited:

Give it up bra, You ask why they are not showing it but don't mention the passive non agressive scheme(2gap) the defense players specifically dlineman had to play in for 5 years. Our players have played in the worst scheme in football in the last 5 years

They are in the 4-3 now and they are still saying nobody besides aqm has stood out on the d-line. So whats the excuse now?

Anybody arguing about player production and not taking into consideration the coaching /development/scheme they receive when they step foot on campus is just not being totally honest about the process of putting together a WINNING program. They go hand in hand obviously. We always had talent and we still do; NFL rosters show that. Now hopefully we have the proper leadership in place to cultivate that talent and bring in more talent to fix our depth problems. This isn't rocket science.

As for Richt statements of course there is truth in them but he is a politician like most coaches. He knows we aren't ready to compete with the Alabamas and Ohio States just yet. So y would he state otherwise. Thats y he was hired; to compete for NC's not to say oh we are the kings of the Coastal division.

Advertisement
You don't lead men into battle and tell them that they are not good enough to win. Can you imagine Tom Herman pumping the brakes as soon as spring practice was over last year in Houston? You think he told people that fsu was too good before the game? NO one with any sensibility thinks we can beat the bamas of college football. But we'd have a punchers chance and we sure as **** shouldn't be starting off the conversation with, we are not good enough yet...

A few things they missed:

• Richt is not impressed with the team as a whole, thought the roster was better from what he saw on paper.
  • He's questioning his decision to accept the job.
  • Mrs. Richt not acclimating to South Florida very well, spending most of her time in Athens.
  • He is really disappointed in the facilities, specifically lack of an IPF.
  • He wants JC Jackson, but Frenk won't allow it.
  • Apparently he has a 'One & Done' clause in his contract that allows for an easy exit.
  • Bridges to local high schools are not only burnt, but irreparable.

The sad thing is that I would not be the least bit surprised if all of the above proved to be true.

Richt and UM need to quit this insidious facgitry that has been going on way too long around here. They use media rubes to spread misinformation about our talent level in order to lower expectations. It's weak, and it's sickening.

I had hope that Richt wouldn't continue this tradition of facgitry, but he has. Buck the fck up and be happy you inherited a **** good roster relative to the rest of your conference.

And goddamit stop this SEC nut gargling. Richt's UGA teams the last couple years were far from elite overall talent machines. He hasn't had a QB, which is the most important position by a million miles, who could tote Kaaya's jock since Murray. He trotted out the UGA version of Kirby freeman last year in Faton Bauta.

So quit the whining and quit using stooges like Jackson and Pete to spread facqitry. Get it done. We got enough to beat the gargantuan super powers like Duke and UNC in the Coastal.

Thats yall problem all you are thinking about is the coastal. They are talking about having the talent to be able to consistently win and be able to consistently compete with and beat fsu and clemson.

This is not a **** good roster and the only people who think so is miami fans. There are a few guys who can play but its definitely lacking at several spots.

What are you talking about? Nobody said this is a good roster in terms of challenging for the NC. Franchise is right however that this roster is plenty good enough to win the Coastal which would put us in the ACCCG. We aren't just thinking about the Coastal however, just stating the fact that this squad could and should win it this year. We all want to be consistently top 5 and win NC's but we don't have the overall talent and depth for that yet. We are hoping that the vast improvement in our coaching staff will maximize the talent we have now while recruiting the talent needed to compete at an elite level in the near future.

Give it up bra, You ask why they are not showing it but don't mention the passive non agressive scheme(2gap) the defense players specifically dlineman had to play in for 5 years. Our players have played in the worst scheme in football in the last 5 years

They are in the 4-3 now and they are still saying nobody besides aqm has stood out on the d-line. So whats the excuse now?

Despite the flaws in the back end, Diaz said he was “very encouraged with the guys up front.’’

Defensive ends Al-Quadin Muhammad, Chad Thomas and Demetrius Jackson each had two sacks in the scrimmage. Tackle R.J. McIntosh also had a sack, as well as corner Sheldrick Redwine.

“We’ve got some guys that are hard to block, that can make plays on their own, that can make plays even when you don’t have to manufacture plays for them,’’ Diaz said. “So, that’s encouraging. Obviously it’s really hard to be good defensively if you’re not good on the defensive front. [Defensive line] coach [Craig Kuligowski] has done a great job with those guys in getting them to play hard and get their feet across the line of scrimmage and not think.

“They enjoy being disruptive and making plays behind the line of scrimmage.

Read more here: Miami Hurricanes coordinator Manny Diaz praises D-line, rails on DBs | Miami Herald

Advertisement
This is what happens when you take an illogical argument to the extreme. At this point some are arguing that we suck across the board, maybe we should just give up, guess those first three games are gonna be tough matchups.

You don't lead men into battle and tell them that they are not good enough to win. Can you imagine Tom Herman pumping the brakes as soon as spring practice was over last year in Houston? You think he told people that fsu was too good before the game? NO one with any sensibility thinks we can beat the bamas of college football. But we'd have a punchers chance and we sure as **** shouldn't be starting off the conversation with, we are not good enough yet...
I think that Richt is sandbagging to an extent. It's going to be really interesting to see how we play come Sept and even more interesting when we open conference play against GT and FSU weeks 4&5.

Jim Harbaugh & Jim Mcelwain said the same thing a year ago. "We have a long way to go."

Both coaches won 10 games. It's best to fly under the radar. I want everyone to pick UNC to win the coastal. Miami is better than UNC at every position and will beat them at home next season. Watch.

Miami has had skill players but we have not had a QB since Dorsey and our OL's and DL's have been as a whole un SEC like. This shows up against BC, UNC, FSU and Clemson. We have been rocked by OL's from KSU and Nebraska who were average in their own leagues.

Talk about great DB's and middle linebackers all day. Tell everyone Stacy Coley is finally going to give us what we have been expecting. But none of that matters if Norton and Willis don't start to dominate like Great SEC teams do.

I have to say that Miami has produced NFL ready RB's throughout this drought. Bama just has the most dominate OL's and their RB's just have to run strait.

Advertisement
Why would Richt have to sandbag? Everyone knows the depth issues & a few key injuries will make things worse.

I think that Richt is sandbagging to an extent. It's going to be really interesting to see how we play come Sept and even more interesting when we open conference play against GT and FSU weeks 4&5.

That's a **** lie about the oline lol the past few years for sure lol. miami has put some **** good lineman in the league recently
Franklin
Linder
Feliciano
Henderson
Flowers

That scout is stroking the sec d*ck lol Foh with statements like that.
I think hes doing more to that fat bastone than just stroking

I think, a lot of times when someone says "SEC talent" they actually mean Alabama talent. Besides Bama and LSU, I don't really see any SEC teams with superior talent to Miami. You're gonna tell me a team like Arkansas or Mississippi State has better players? The NFL certainly disagrees.

Yup, other than Bama and LSU, Miami can go toe to toe with any SEC team

Advertisement

Willis started to show, and Mcintosh is a fine compliment on the dline

• Richt is not impressed with the team as a whole, thought the roster was better from what he saw on paper.
  • Mrs. Richt not acclimating to South Florida very well, spending most of her time in Athens.
  • Apparently he has a 'One & Done' clause in his contract that allows for an easy exit.

The sad thing is that I would not be the least bit surprised if all of the above proved to be true.

Richt is not a "one and done" kind of coach, he's made that clear. He made UGA fire him, he didn't leave. He's excited about Miami. A coach who's friends with Hartley told me they're excited as **** about what they can do with the talent in South Florida.
I don't see Frenk really caring much about JC Jackson. I think he would trust Richt's opinion on what to do.
Bridges were burned to the other coaches, but Richt could recruit South Florida before, and he'll continue doing it.
IPF will get done.

Richt is not a "one and done" kind of coach, he's made that clear. He made UGA fire him, he didn't leave. He's excited about Miami. A coach who's friends with Hartley told me they're excited as **** about what they can do with the talent in South Florida.
I don't see Frenk really caring much about JC Jackson. I think he would trust Richt's opinion on what to do.
Bridges were burned to the other coaches, but Richt could recruit South Florida before, and he'll continue doing it.
IPF will get done.

Jakeman whooping is notorious for posts like that. Don't look too much into that man lol, he always clown on the board

Does anybody think that Mark Richt should have come here and said "****, this team is loaded with talent across the board! We're totally set! No room for improvement at any position."? Of course not. He's only stated what every Miami fan already knew. We're thin at CB, returning receiver depth is shaky and O-line needs to be more consistent. This is a good but not great team. There's more talent on the roster right now than anybody else in the coastal. Some guys you have to judge on potential rather than production because the previous staff misused so many guys. Still, a 9 or 10 win season with a trip to the ACCCG is a good start.

Advertisement
Back