Sports Buzz 11-29

Every year for the past 10 years we've had this "anonymous NFC scout" aka Alonzo Highsmith tell us how we aren't as talented as his teams were....and then proceed to have more NFL players than anyone else.

You know why we look bad? B/C the kids have no idea what they are doing. B/C they have a bunch of high school recruiters teaching them.

Why does the OL look bad? B/C they are being coached by a guy who lost it ten ******* years ago.

Why are we bad in the trenches? B/C we have a Planet Fitness personal trainer running our S&C program (at least Fish got that right).

Miami may not have enough talent to win a title, but it had more than enough to be a 10 win team every year.

agree with this post but I don't think it's Highsmith. Highsmith is making a living off our undrafted guys because he knows how talented they are

But part of that racket is convincing everyone our guys stink so they fall or go undrafted.

Also this dude loved Golden bc of his son getting to play, so in his mind it must be those 18 year olds who are to blame, not the 3 failed corches in a row.

All of this.

Advertisement
Every year for the past 10 years we've had this "anonymous NFC scout" aka Alonzo Highsmith tell us how we aren't as talented as his teams were....and then proceed to have more NFL players than anyone else.

You know why we look bad? B/C the kids have no idea what they are doing. B/C they have a bunch of high school recruiters teaching them.

Why does the OL look bad? B/C they are being coached by a guy who lost it ten ******* years ago.

Why are we bad in the trenches? B/C we have a Planet Fitness personal trainer running our S&C program (at least Fish got that right).

Miami may not have enough talent to win a title, but it had more than enough to be a 10 win team every year.

agree with this post but I don't think it's Highsmith. Highsmith is making a living off our undrafted guys because he knows how talented they are

But part of that racket is convincing everyone our guys stink so they fall or go undrafted.

Also this dude loved Golden bc of his son getting to play, so in his mind it must be those 18 year olds who are to blame, not the 3 failed corches in a row.

All of this.

He supported golden like 95% of this board and 99% of former canes supported golden. What's wrong with that?

Additionally, if it was Highsmith, how are his leaks to Barry Jackson going to affect how 31 other NFL teams conduct their scouting process? He gave Luther robinson, Gunter and Sam shields a shot because he knew what most of the league didn't - 'canes still got it.

All this waiting and talk about butch being the fallback option. Let's not forget this is why butch left for Cleveland in the first place. The U kept dragging out his contract negotiations so he eventually picked up and took much more money to go to Cleveland. Sure butch is on record saying he wants the job but how is this gonna make it look to him if he believes he's being treated as the sixth or seventh option and only really given a look if everyone else says no? Then maybe even butch says thanks but no thanks. Bring back butch NOW!

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2392356 said:
I dont agree with the talent at all. If chad thomas and aqm were at alabama they would be all Americans. I do agree about our offensive line. They are horrible.

Golden made these kids losers. EVERY college wanted some of these kids. Its not like they were rated 4 or 5 stars and only had offers from miami.

The problem with Chad Thomas comes back to the Chickillo article the other day, the same thing is going on with Chad. CT came in at about 240 and he's playing around 270-275 (275 on the roster). He's been here a year and a half and gained 30 pounds, a lot of it is bad weight. Chick has dropped 40 lbs since leaving UM. The reality is Chad was forced to put on that weight to fill a spot the coaches failed to recruit a right fit for their scheme and it's hard for anyone to handle that much weight in a short period of time.

The next coach needs to get Chad (and others) to drop some weight. Chad should get back to his roots playing with speed, and gt him down around 255-260 and he's going to destroy people. He's always close to making a play, but he's just a second late. Extra speed and less thinking due to the complex scheme, and he's making all those plays.

Chad is 265. Golden listed him at 275 because that's what he wanted him to be at.

So true on what the scout said about Artie. For the life of me I don't know how many times I saw him back peddle on when it was an option run. He did vs Clemson and UNC. This tells me he wasnt following his reads.

You guys realize that there are. Miami fans outside of message boards. Not everyone knows this information.

As has been mentioned, it's sad to see scouts making the same mistake with RS that they made with Hurns.

Advertisement
Corn will be a low 1st, high 2nd Rd. pick. Kid has a high football IQ, and good football speed...amazing how almost every week He runs down a long run from the other side of the field.

Advertisement
Corn will be a low 1st, high 2nd Rd. pick. Kid has a high football IQ, and good football speed...amazing how almost every week He runs down a long run from the other side of the field.

Imagine how good he could be with a coach who helps him develop even further.

Advertisement
So to summarize:
1) Our defensive scheme sucks
2) Our OL sucks
3) Swasey sucks
4) Butch likely interviewed yesterday
5) Barry Jackson continues to find ways to shoehorn Cristobal's name into the coaching search discussion

Pretty much. I think I could have written that article.

No mention of Herman...I don't buy it...

Herman isn't coming here.
Why not?

For starters,
Do you really think this school is prepared to pay his buyout in order to get him?

If Blake feels like he's the guy to bring us back, I think the school makes the investment to bring him here. I think they uncover every stone in this coaching search. Sounds like the decision makers realize what a total disaster they created before Al was fired. Maybe it's just talk and I'm being naïve but I believe they really are serious about football again. Every time I hear Stuart Miller speak in an audit committee meeting at the University, he constantly mentions the University of Miami brand. I'm hopeful they finally realize that the football program is a big part of the University of Miami brand and make the requisite investment in the football program again.

Advertisement
Back