Speed

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
We need some. Miller, Benjamin and Streeter all gone. Dorsett the only sub 4.4 guy left on offense.

As of now, the receivers in this class are good but not particularly fast. Very happy to see De'Joshua Johnson reappear on the radar. Morris has special arm strength and he needs guys he can't overthrow.

Advertisement
Duke Johnson should give us a boost in that department.

And with Streeter leaving, I'd consider bringing in Angelo Jean-Louis at WR (if the transcript issue is resolved).

This is my issue with our WR recruiting. We have some nice Big WR prospects but where are the guys that made Miami...Miami. Where are the blazers?

I'm not sure if Golden puts a premium on speed, my friend...we'll find out in upcoming classes and beyond, but as of yet, not sure I see him emphasizing a speed aspect in his recruiting...surely some size/speed prospects...but none that scream pure speed.

I'm surprised we haven't made an effort for some local known speed guys like Daniel Gray, the kid from Central, etc. Just to add to the overall team speed. DJohnson is a good type of player to get in that role.

His Temple teams were never blazing nor had the most speed in the MAC, but if you're Miami, you should be grabbing speedsters and have an overall top notch level of team speed...you have access to it.

Advertisement
+1 @ Larry. Not sure how I feel about it.

I don't like it. We need gamebreakers. Sure you have to be able to sustain and a drive, and bigger posession type WRs are key in that. But you also need speedy jitterbugs who can house it from any distance. You need that threat of gamebreakers to open things up for your offense.

+1 @ Larry. Not sure how I feel about it.

I don't like it. We need gamebreakers. Sure you have to be able to sustain and a drive, and bigger posession type WRs are key in that. But you also need speedy jitterbugs who can house it from any distance. You need that threat of gamebreakers to open things up for your offense.

Jitterbugs... intrerdasting

Advertisement
Show me lsu and Bamas "speed" that we don't have. Get me football players. DVD and Travis have speed. They got us nothing

I'm not sure if Golden puts a premium on speed, my friend...we'll find out in upcoming classes and beyond, but as of yet, not sure I see him emphasizing a speed aspect in his recruiting...surely some size/speed prospects...but none that scream pure speed.

I'm surprised we haven't made an effort for some local known speed guys like Daniel Gray, the kid from Central, etc. Just to add to the overall team speed. DJohnson is a good type of player to get in that role.

His Temple teams were never blazing nor had the most speed in the MAC, but if you're Miami, you should be grabbing speedsters and have an overall top notch level of team speed...you have access to it.
He seems to prioritize short area quickness over speed. Waters and Lewis are examples of that.

In any case, it's easier to take a flier on speed when you've got your roster rebuilt.

Advertisement
Don't we have the fastest jr in the country committed. To go along with one of the fastest rbs in the country this year.

Advertisement
Fast gets cheap scores, which is what D$ is reffering to with Morris' arm. It also helps the middle of the field open up when you've got a blazer on the outside and a guy who can sling it 60 yards. Suddenly you've got 1 safety playing a little bit deep, and the underneath is clear and crossing routes even more effective.

Would love to see a raw athlete like D. Gray in this class. There is too much speed in South Florida to not have speed on the roster. It seems like he's looking for football players first and foremost. At WR seems like he's put a premium on the basketball players that can rise up and get the ball.

What hurts is losing guys like AJ Leggett and the potential of losing AJL, while Leggett isn't a blazer, he's still in that 4.5 range, and AJL has elite athleticism that we need in this class.

Don't we have the fastest jr in the country committed. To go along with one of the fastest rbs in the country this year.

We do have some speed recruited, for sure. I'm not saying we don't...it just looks like he doesn't place a premium on it.

Advertisement
Back