Speed at corner

Advertisement
I hear you but I get jealous looking at a team like Ohio State. They are pumping out 6'0 corners running 4.3-4.4 every year.

We use to teach speed with JJ. Speed camp and sand pits. I remember OLBs with 4.3 and 4.4 speed in the day. We will never be back until the speed is back.

Where is it?

I really like the guys we have on the roster, but aside from Couch and Bethel they aren’t burners. We need to inject some speed.

The local crop doesn’t seem to have the answer. Gray is running 4.8. Harrell had a PR of 11.76 in the 100M last year. Stanley is quicker than fast.

I hope somebody shows some juice at the Opening on Sunday.

While I agree...

What Diaz asks of his corners historically, having that speed isn't a pre-req. Just looking through his career...while he didn't end his collegiate career, he recruited a guy like Rod Isaac to MTSU from Central and he was more of a mid-4.4 guy depending on the watch...Charles Mitchell and Johnthan Banks were like high 4.5, 4.6 type players at Miss State. At Texas, Kenny Vaccaro was no burner...neither was Quad Diggs, etc. His lone year at LaTech...only guy I really remember is Xavier Woods and he was an athlete, but not a burner. When he was back at Miss State, Will Redmond was no burner. Now that he is here, again, not many burners in the squad as you've mentioned.

i dont think we have offered any burners.

I think they prefer size to the true speed.

The img kid is a track kid so he can run. Not sure if we get him though.

DMoney we got to see these opening results foreal. Still remember seeing Sanguinetti's early last year and calling it out that he wasnt that athletic. We are gonna see it with alot in this years group as well i believe.

Staff was just down in Keyes meeting with god. I’m sure he told them to not worry about height, that a fast 5’9” is better than a slow 6’2”. When JJ got here he asked “where is the speed?”. And that was Howard’s team that had laid waste to NE just months before. Hope Manny listens. All that blitzing is not as good as speed everywhere.

Where is it?

I really like the guys we have on the roster, but aside from Couch and Bethel they aren’t burners. We need to inject some speed.

The local crop doesn’t seem to have the answer. Gray is running 4.8. Harrell had a PR of 11.76 in the 100M last year. Stanley is quicker than fast.

Wait Harrell PR at 11.7?? I know females in HS that are faster than that

Advertisement
While I agree...

What Diaz asks of his corners historically, having that speed isn't a pre-req. Just looking through his career...while he didn't end his collegiate career, he recruited a guy like Rod Isaac to MTSU from Central and he was more of a mid-4.4 guy depending on the watch...Charles Mitchell and Johnthan Banks were like high 4.5, 4.6 type players at Miss State. At Texas, Kenny Vaccaro was no burner...neither was Quad Diggs, etc. His lone year at LaTech...only guy I really remember is Xavier Woods and he was an athlete, but not a burner. When he was back at Miss State, Will Redmond was no burner. Now that he is here, again, not many burners in the squad as you've mentioned.

Let’s hope he sees his mistake. Aggression without speed is not Miami defense. If he thinks his scheme is the secret than we are done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah I was Just about to say that as well. So 3 of the 6(bandy, couch, bethel) with good speed and the other 3 who all have the length 6’1 and the frame to be 200 pounds plus(ivey and blades already there) it will be ultimately be fine but It would definitely be nice to see someone in this 2020 class have the combo of size and elite speed emerge

Those are the Tyson Campbell’s it’s not like they’re everywhere. 4.5 and 4.6 speed is not slow.

Advertisement
Where is it?

Bama?

Advertisement
Back