Rumor Special Teams Coach - Marwan Maalouf

Advertisement

Screenshot_20220306-192918.png

The GOAT himself

Advertisement
I can’t believe a bunch of yall are Phins fans & don’t know who Marwan Maalouf is lol.

He came from Schiano’s staff at Rutgers back in the day, I remember from my Ravens during our playoff runs back in 09-2011, we had some of our best Special teams back then too.

He’s a long time experienced coach with specific qualification in ST’s, which is HUGE for us!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can’t believe a bunch of yall are Phins fans & don’t know who Marian Maalouf is lol.

He came from Schiano’s staff at Rutgers back in the day, I remember from my Ravens during our playoff runs back in 09-2011, we had some of our best Special teams back then too.

He’s a long time experienced coach with specific qualification in ST’s, which is HUGE for us!

Ed Reed connection… I don’t think he’s a bad coach especially if he’s off the field and can look at things from a different prespective

Advertisement
That black and white picture of D’Onofrio has me so **** triggered. I’m not proud, but my wife was just subjected to 15 minutes of complaining about that dude (“wait so they had fast guys and made them fat and slow on purpose…why would they do that?”) and by the end wasn’t even pretending to be interested.

That being said, as a jersey guy and ‘03 HS grad whose high school was on Rutgers’ campus, that was a fun blast from the past. A few really decent coaches on an early-ish Schiano staff.

Urban always coached his ST if I remember correctly. He knew how important they were. So glad to have someone with experience like this to coach them. No more fake punts getting thrown for TD’s hopefully.

Our special teams were atrocious don’t let the punter hype full you on how bad we were covering and returning kicks along with missed FG
He also liked having starters on ST as well. He took it very seriously.

Advertisement
Do we know that this guy is off-field for sure? It would almost make a weird amount of sense given his history for Mario to “coach” TE’s. Basically keep Field on staff to recruit, let Mirabal coach them on blocking and Gattis coach them on receiving.

He also liked having starters on ST as well. He took it very seriously.

Miami struggled to do that because of sanctions and playing with like 70-75 man rosters for the last 10 years. Bama also plays starters but you can only do that when you have a fully loaded roster

forgive my ignorance but if he's off field then the only restriction is he can't coach on gamedays and can't recruit right?

dude probably wants to enjoy life in SFL and work monday through friday with ST. seems like a win win
Supposedly there is some loop hole where he can be off field and still coach ST on gameday

I’m confused about this being an off field position. Like there’s no way the ST coach wants to talk to anyone in-game regarding kick coverage, returns, setting up for a block, or anything like that? Sure, I can see how it’s possible, it just seems odd that you’d have a guy coach the players then not be around to manage things during the game.

Advertisement
Back