Rumor Special Teams Coach - Marwan Maalouf

Advertisement
First meh hire

If he were being hired as one of the 10 on-field coaches, sure.

He's not though. He's support staff and is the 2nd ST Coach Mario has hired as support staff. How is it even possible to be 'meh' on this type of hire? Schools like Bama just create armies of these type of coaches. That's clearly what Mario is doing, and there's no real downside because you can have as many support staff as you want

? His contract was not renewed after the 20 season. So he has been out of work for one year, which was the the 21 season, not two.
Well you said "unemployed for a couple years now".

I think if someone is saying "poaching" from the NFL they're more just referencing that the guy was seemingly a career NFL coach as he had just spent 15 years in the pros.

Probably more linguistic semantics than anything if you're actually looking for a debate but I'm personally not.
I just meant he was unemployed for a couple years at this point. 2021 and part of 2022. I am not looking for an argument either. I am just saying its funny because people act like we stole him from the Vikings when really he was fired.

If he were being hired as one of the 10 on-field coaches, sure.

He's not though. He's support staff and is the 2nd ST Coach Mario has hired as support staff. How is it even possible to be 'meh' on this type of hire? Schools like Bama just create armies of these type of coaches. That's clearly what Mario is doing, and there's no real downside because you can have as many support staff as you want
This is exactly what I said, so I guess you must be a gator troll.

Advertisement
Gator fan mad lol.

Every single thread, it's the exact same. We get it, you think Mario is terrible, every hire is bad, and every player Miami adds is awful. Is there a reason you have to blow up every thread it though?
Can you find a thread where I complain about players we added? I don't think every hire is bad, I said this hire was good actually. We did have plenty of bad hires though this year and I don't think Mario is very good. So you are at least partially correct.

Advertisement
This should be a great hire. My only concerns are the difference between college and NFL punt schemes. If he uses a pro style punt, it limits Hedley and the punt team's ceiling. The analyst role means he can't be as involved in practice, which isn't ideal, but I don't imagine he wants to go out recruiting either, so it's a wash there.

Kickoff, kickoff return, punt return, fg, and fg block should all improve. Especially fg, no more stupid bull**** blocked kicks because of lazy undisciplined OL.

Also, not that it was his fault, but was he the Vikings st coach when they missed that field goal?

1646862871049.png

Advertisement
Can you find a thread where I complain about players we added? I don't think every hire is bad, I said this hire was good actually. We did have plenty of bad hires though this year and I don't think Mario is very good. So you are at least partially correct.
which hires did you not like, and no i'm not asking this to scorn you and try and make you look like a dumbass on the board. I just want to know your opinion and why

Advertisement
which hires did you not like, and no i'm not asking this to scorn you and try and make you look like a dumbass on the board. I just want to know your opinion and why
Here is a summary of my concerns. I copy and pasted it from one of my previous comments.

Is our DB coach actually a top 5 recruiter? Or did he just benefit from Muschamp/Kirby plus Georgias bags?

is our DB coach a good technician and just didn't like Kirbys hands on approach? Or was he just not a very good technician and Kirby was forced to step in and make changes to his DB coaching approach?

Is our SC coach actually really good? Or is he just a very good hype man?

Was Gattis the brains behind this years offense and we get the 2021 Michigan offense? Or were the Michigan fans correct in saying that he was not the master mind and we end up with the 19/20 offense?

Did Mario learn from his mistakes at Oregon and is now going to let the OC do his thing, or is he going to force his run up the gut on 3rd and long mentality on the OC? Will he squander another elite QB or did he learn from his mistakes with Herbert.

Is Mario really going to make us monsters on the OL? Oregons Oline was also great under greatwood and zomboukous. He had Penei who was great, but the rest of his best OL all were coached up by greatwood. Only about 10% of starts during Cristobals career at Oregon were linemen that he recruited.

People all over the place in here.

Lots of experience. That's always a plus in anything. He's seen it all.

They're all pro's in the NFL. Kickers and punters are usually money. What kind of athletes and returnees do you have? That's the main question.

Off the field? He'll have an on the field coach working with him. Who that is, I don't know. There will be communication, so it's all good in my book.

Nothing to complain about here IMO.

You copied all troll statements from upset fan bases to prove you are not a troll. That can't be serious. I personally believe the entire staff, off field, everyone is Top 5. Maybe just higher. I believe the D staff could possibly be the best. The 23 and 24 classes with the portal should have us playoff ready. We just need a little more patience, but it is all right in front of us. It's a awesome time to be a Cane.

Advertisement
Back