Rumor Special Teams Coach - Marwan Maalouf

Here is a summary of my concerns. I copy and pasted it from one of my previous comments.

Is our DB coach actually a top 5 recruiter? Or did he just benefit from Muschamp/Kirby plus Georgias bags?

is our DB coach a good technician and just didn't like Kirbys hands on approach? Or was he just not a very good technician and Kirby was forced to step in and make changes to his DB coaching approach?

Is our SC coach actually really good? Or is he just a very good hype man?

Was Gattis the brains behind this years offense and we get the 2021 Michigan offense? Or were the Michigan fans correct in saying that he was not the master mind and we end up with the 19/20 offense?

Did Mario learn from his mistakes at Oregon and is now going to let the OC do his thing, or is he going to force his run up the gut on 3rd and long mentality on the OC? Will he squander another elite QB or did he learn from his mistakes with Herbert.

Is Mario really going to make us monsters on the OL? Oregons Oline was also great under greatwood and zomboukous. He had Penei who was great, but the rest of his best OL all were coached up by greatwood. Only about 10% of starts during Cristobals career at Oregon were linemen that he recruited.

Here is a summary of my concerns …

489969A5-CA61-4FC4-8F72-AF82342DFDBF.gif

Advertisement
You copied all troll statements from upset fan bases to prove you are not a troll. That can't be serious. I personally believe the entire staff, off field, everyone is Top 5. Maybe just higher. I believe the D staff could possibly be the best. The 23 and 24 classes with the portal should have us playoff ready. We just need a little more patience, but it is all right in front of us. It's a awesome time to be a Cane.
That is incorrect. Everyone one of those statements were made by the fans prior to those coaches leaving.

Here is a summary of my concerns. I copy and pasted it from one of my previous comments.

Is our DB coach actually a top 5 recruiter? Or did he just benefit from Muschamp/Kirby plus Georgias bags?

is our DB coach a good technician and just didn't like Kirbys hands on approach? Or was he just not a very good technician and Kirby was forced to step in and make changes to his DB coaching approach?

Is our SC coach actually really good? Or is he just a very good hype man?

Was Gattis the brains behind this years offense and we get the 2021 Michigan offense? Or were the Michigan fans correct in saying that he was not the master mind and we end up with the 19/20 offense?

Did Mario learn from his mistakes at Oregon and is now going to let the OC do his thing, or is he going to force his run up the gut on 3rd and long mentality on the OC? Will he squander another elite QB or did he learn from his mistakes with Herbert.

Is Mario really going to make us monsters on the OL? Oregons Oline was also great under greatwood and zomboukous. He had Penei who was great, but the rest of his best OL all were coached up by greatwood. Only about 10% of starts during Cristobals career at Oregon were linemen that he recruited.
Addae had good performing secondaries at WVU in a pass happy Big 12 conference so for a young guy he has quality experience, did he benefit from UGA bags ? Of course he did, but it doesn't completely invalidate thr guy either. Feld seems to be an overall above average S&C guy with good academic credentials to support him but he's definitely a bit of a sideshow. His prior experiences at Bama & Georgia makes me feel better about him considering his exposure to thr best of the best weight rooms. Gattis questions are fair and it'll all come down to how he adjusts to our personnel considering our team strengths are the polar opposite of Michigan. It's fair to wonder if he rightly leans on TVD. The criticism of Mario's conservative philosophy on offense is definitely the biggest cause for concern. For Mario to win big he'll have to evolve and accept a more pass happy attack until we get the o line where it needs to be, which I'd bet takes 2 full recruiting cycles.

Advertisement
Interesting but so so so good. Having poor ST for God knows how long has absolutely killed us. This guy + Smith should give us the edge against everyone we face in that area.

Is this the 10th coach though? No official TE coach?
The punting, kickoffs and field goals have been pretty good the last several years…

The punting, kickoffs and field goals have been pretty good the last several years…
true, but we haven't had good punt or kick return teams since DJ Dallas and before him (other than a jeff thomas return negated by a jeff thomas fumble) it had been at least a decade

Advertisement
true, but we haven't had good punt or kick return teams since DJ Dallas and before him (other than a jeff thomas return negated by a jeff thomas fumble) it had been at least a decade

People b! tched about Berrios lack of explosiveness, but it was a relief knowing he was usually good for 10-15 yards and would never put the ball on the ground.

People b! tched about Berrios lack of explosiveness, but it was a relief knowing he was usually good for 10-15 yards and would never put the ball on the ground.
you are right. i left him out and i should not have he also had a few returns that helped us win a game or two. IIRC, the georgia tech game in the rain??

Advertisement
you are right. i left him out and i should not have he also had a few returns that helped us win a game or two. IIRC, the georgia tech game in the rain??
I remember Berrios having a long return called back that would have set up Miami inside the FSU 20, maybe the 10, late in the game we eventually lost on the blocked PAT. Questionable holding or block-in-the-back penalty.

Advertisement
Back