Off-Topic Space, the final frontier, these are the voyages of NASA

Advertisement

1665584759514.png
1665584797267.png

Wait, there are no Vulcans out there?

“Without a carbon-rich atmosphere, it’s unlikely a planet would be hospitable to living things.”

^^^Can’t be right. Al Gore said carbon is bad.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Perhaps a stupid question....the moon is so pockmarked with meteorite impacts, why isnt the earth?

Perhaps a stupid question....the moon is so pockmarked with meteorite impacts, why isnt the earth?

This is straight off the top of my head, one reason may be it doesn’t have an atmosphere so there’s no bouncing off an atmosphere for celestial bodies that approach it. Also, the earth has been struck a bunch of times, but we have oceans, and vegetation, and an atmosphere and weather and erosion, so they’re just not as visible or they were eroded plus we have a lot of malformation of the earth’s crust because of the earth’s internal processes.

If you Google, it may be a completely different reason I just popped that one right off.

This is straight off the top of my head, one reason may be it doesn’t have an atmosphere so there’s no bouncing off an atmosphere for celestial bodies that approach it. Also, the earth has been struck a bunch of times, but we have oceans, and vegetation, and an atmosphere and weather and erosion, so they’re just not as visible or they were eroded plus we have a lot of malformation of the earth’s crust because of the earth’s internal processes.

If you Google, it may be a completely different reason I just popped that one right off.

plausible, thank you

Advertisement
Back