South Florida RBs in the playoffs

I think Lashlee would have to be salivating knowing the stable of RB’s he will inherit. Can’t see Chaney and/or Knighton RS unless Burns does a complete 180 behind Harris.
They will not rs..4 rbs plenty of carries.. cam could get 150.. and the others should still see 60 to 90 carries each.

Advertisement

Duke was balling man, played a **** of a game yesterday. 3 carries 38 yards, 3 catches 30 yards(that 3rd and 18 conversion in OT) and a big time block on that 2 point conversion

Last edited:
Hyde is from Florida, too.
No he's not haha. He's from Cincinnati. Went to the same high school as Spencer Ware, but could not stay out of trouble and likely would've been dead or in jail, but his mom recognized it and sent him to live with his grandparents or some other family in Naples. The rest is history. He wasn't even academically eligible to play when he was in Cincy. He didn't move to Florida until his Sophomore year of HS.

Unfortunately, we've had a bad string of QBs, in part because we misevaluate local QBs. No Lamar Jackson, Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Geno Smith over the years.

Wide Receiver...again...a lack of good evaluations have done us in, but we've done fine enough.
Teddy flipped and Al tried for Brissett. Passing on Lamar looks real bad right now.

Duke was balling man, played a **** of a game yesterday. 3 carries 38 yards, 3 catches 30 yards(that 3rd and 18 conversion in OT) and a big time block on that 2 point conversion

That 3rd down pass was a little low and behind him or he would have gotten a lot more but Duke knew where the first down was. Not the Cane GOAT, but my personal favorite.

Advertisement
I remember Randy Shannon taking about the need to have a 1000yd running back. We had a huge dry spell until Miller. And other than Duke one season, not really any.
Homer was close but rest of team closed up shop early against Wisconsin.

The way football is evolving, with only a few insane exceptions, I don't think we'll ever struggle with this position.

Then again, 20 years ago, I'd have said the same about the Cornerback position. Which, by the way, I still don't understand.

But i understand........

IMG_0951.jpg

Walton started 4 NFL games out of circumstance. He wasn't a legit starting NFL RB.

I think Cam will get a look in the NFL, but I think he's still being overrated by fans. I think he'll be in the Javarris James, Mike James, Damien Berry, Mark Walton type bucket of RB's, but I think most fans are still expecting much more than that from him.

Out of circumstance?. He played for my dolphins and looked better or equal to Kenyan Drake for a few weeks until they gave him a shot.
Mark Walton if not for his mental health...is easily the dolphins at worst #2 rb in 2020 b4 he f*cked off.

You have to let go of this Walton thing, man.

He performed well as a starter on a horrible team and was in line for a nice extension. He outperformed their other backs by a mile. His skill in the pass game would have kept him in the league for years if not for off-field issues.

Lol he digged his heels in and has been wrong so much cant help himself on Mark

Advertisement
Out of circumstance?. He played for my dolphins and looked better or equal to Kenyan Drake for a few weeks until they gave him a shot.
Mark Walton if not for his mental health...is easily the dolphins at worst #2 rb in 2020 b4 he f*cked off.

Yes - Ballage started 6 games, Walton started 4 & Laird started 4 out of circumstance – not because they’re NFL starting RB talents.

Once Drake got traded Walton only had to beat out Ballage, Laird, and Gaskin. He did, so props to him on that. But there’s 75 RB’s in the NFL that could’ve also done that. I agree with you Walton was the best out of that group – but that’s not saying much.

Walton looked much better than he did as a rookie, but he was still basically the same as Laird and Gaskin. Once Walton got suspended, they just inserted those 2 and it was pretty much the same results. Saying he was better by a mile than those guys is just ridiculous.

As for comparing Walton to Drake….it was obvious Drake didn’t give a f*ck. I mean…if you played for a team that after putting up two 1,000 total yards seasons made it clear they weren’t extending your contract, was actively trying to trade you, was actively trying to tank, and was starting guys like Kalen Ballage and Mark Walton over you – would you give a f*ck?

You don’t really think Walton is as good as Kenyan Drake do you?

Lol he digged his heels in and has been wrong so much cant help himself on Mark

Walton's career - 365 yds & 0 TD's

@DMoney said Walton would be as good or better than Duke Johnson
You said Walton could be like James White
I said Walton’s career would look similar to other Canes RB’s like Mike James, Javarris James, Damien Berry, Jarrett Payton, etc.

How am I the one that's wrong?

Walton's career - 365 yds & 0 TD's

@DMoney said Walton would be as good or better than Duke Johnson
You said Walton could be like James White
I said Walton’s career would look similar to other Canes RB’s like Mike James, Javarris James, Damien Berry, Jarrett Payton, etc.

How am I the one that's wrong?

You were wrong about Walton's UM career, wrong about his draft position, wrong about basically everything until he got arrested. It's no big deal. I'm wrong all the time. But you kept doubling down to the point where it appeared personal.

Walton's off-field shenanigans ended his career. On the field, he was starting and showing value as a blocker and receiver in the passing game. Which is what we had projected for him all along.

You're not looking at the big picture when it comes to Walton. I'll make some posts to show you

1) Go back to 2016 when Walton had 155 yds & 4 TD's vs FAU. People started calling him one of the best RB's in the country.

Fast Forward to now. Here's the rookie years of RB's that played in that 2016 FAU game:

Devin Singletary - 969 yds
Gus Edwards - 738 yds
Travis Homer - 170 yds
Kerrith Whyte - 131 yds
Mark Walton - 75 yds
Buddy Howell - Practice Squad

I thought Gus & Homer were better than Walton and got laughed at. I said Walton was not some special and unique talent, and there's a ton of RB's that can do what he can do.

Do you still think I'm completely wrong, or it might have some validity?

Advertisement
You were wrong about Walton's UM career, wrong about his draft position, wrong about basically everything until he got arrested. It's no big deal. I'm wrong all the time. But you kept doubling down to the point where it appeared personal.

Walton's off-field shenanigans ended his career. On the field, he was starting and showing value as a blocker and receiver in the passing game. Which is what we had projected for him all along.

2) Go back to 2017 when you said Walton was the best RB in the ACC, one of the most versatile RB in the country, and an Elite pass catcher. I said he wasn't.

Compare him to 2 NC ST RB's that year and a Dolphins RB this year:

Nyheim Hines - 89 NCAA receptions, 107 NFL receptions
Jaylen Samuels - 201 NCAA receptions, 73 NFL receptions
Patrick Laird - 99 NCAA receptions, 23 NFL receptions
Mark Walton - 56 NCAA receptions, 20 NFL receptions

If I said Walton would debate-ably have been the 3rd best RB on the NC St roster in 2017 behind Hines/Samuels - does that have any validity?
If I said Walton would debate-ably have been the 3rd best RB on the Miami roster in 2017 behind Homer/Dallas - does that have any validity?
If I said Walton is a good receiver, but not anything special - just look at Patrick Laird who is just as good or better - does that have any validity?

Yes - Ballage started 6 games, Walton started 4 & Laird started 4 out of circumstance – not because they’re NFL starting RB talents.

Once Drake got traded Walton only had to beat out Ballage, Laird, and Gaskin. He did, so props to him on that. But there’s 75 RB’s in the NFL that could’ve also done that. I agree with you Walton was the best out of that group – but that’s not saying much.

Walton looked much better than he did as a rookie, but he was still basically the same as Laird and Gaskin. Once Walton got suspended, they just inserted those 2 and it was pretty much the same results. Saying he was better by a mile than those guys is just ridiculous.

As for comparing Walton to Drake….it was obvious Drake didn’t give a f*ck. I mean…if you played for a team that after putting up two 1,000 total yards seasons made it clear they weren’t extending your contract, was actively trying to trade you, was actively trying to tank, and was starting guys like Kalen Ballage and Mark Walton over you – would you give a f*ck?

You don’t really think Walton is as good as Kenyan Drake do you?

Drake got traded as they weren't extended him and they seen similar value in Walton for nothing in cost.
Walton looked better than Ballage ….Dolphins own head coach seen that...Walton beat out Laird and Gaskin from training camp.

You left Walton for dead...if i can remember you were saying Gaskin and Laird were better and he wouldn't make the dolphins team...let alone start.

Had he not have off the field sh*ts..Walton is the Dolphins #2 rb in 2020

3) Go back to the 2018 NFL draft. Walton was the 10th RB taken in the 4th Round

You said he would be a 3rd/4th Round pick - and would be one of the top 10 drafted. You were right on both.
I said he would be a 6th Round pick, but was a UFA type talent - and wouldn't be one of the top 10 drafted. I was wrong on both.

Fast Forward to today:

8 RB's drafted behind Walton in 2018 have more NFL yards than him
5 RB's who were UFA's in 2018 have more NFL yards than him

If 12 RB's that went after Walton have more yards thru 2 years - was my projection completely wrong, or does it have some validity?

If I'm on a thread explaining how he's more like Matt Dayes/Mike James/Javarris James than he is James White/Duke Johnson/Devonta Freeman/Nick Chubb/Saquon Barkley/Matt Forte - am I completely wrong, or does my point have some validity?

Advertisement
We can’t afford them to RS. If they are the real deal they are gone in 3 years anyway.
Excited about the RB corps.
Agreed. With this stable of RB’s Lashlee will most certainly mix in more run plays than normal perhaps. I would if I was him - provided the OL can create some space. They do, the skies the limit for this offense

3) Go back to the 2018 NFL draft. Walton was the 10th RB taken in the 4th Round

You said he would be a 3rd/4th Round pick - and would be one of the top 10 drafted. You were right on both.
I said he would be a 6th Round pick, but was a UFA type talent - and wouldn't be one of the top 10 drafted. I was wrong on both.

Fast Forward to today:

8 RB's drafted behind Walton in 2018 have more NFL yards than him
5 RB's who were UFA's in 2018 have more NFL yards than him

If 12 RB's that went after Walton have more yards thru 2 years - was my projection completely wrong, or does it have some validity?

If I'm on a thread explaining how he's more like Matt Dayes/Mike James/Javarris James than he is James White/Duke Johnson/Devonta Freeman/Nick Chubb/Saquon Barkley/Matt Forte - am I completely wrong, or does my point have some validity?

i like debating with you....who we going to war over this years draft?. Make sure u tag me when its time

4) Go back to the 2019 off season. In a weird way - the off season arrests (the first batch) actually jump started his career.

The Bengals cut him (where he would've had very little opportunity to play) and landed on the Dolphins (which had a ton of opportunity to play).

Bengals carries breakdown this year:

Joe Mixon - 278 carries
Gio Bernard - 53 carries
3rd RB - 0 carries

If I said, in a very unconventional way, because the arrests took him from a situation where he had to compete with Mixon/Bernard for carries on a team that was worse than the Dolphins, to a Dolphins team where he had to compete with Ballage/Laird/Gaskin for carries, that it strangely benefited Walton - does that have any validity?

All Walton had to do on the Dolphins was not beat up his girlfriend. But he did. Twice.

Duke Johnson, Devin Singletary, Frank Gore, Sony Michel and James White on Saturday. Dalvin Cook and Travis Homer on Sunday.

All four of our backs next year are from South Florida. Somebody needs to step up and become the next NFL runner in the lineage.

DIVAS

Advertisement
Back