South Florida RBs in the playoffs

Advertisement
This is why those worried about the loss of Lorenzo Lingard are worrying over nothing.

We're fine at this spot. Might be the only room on the team where we are fine.

Go get some (notice I did not say ALL) Tri-County backs every year and we'll always be just fine.

yep and you can say that for most of the skill positions as well.

yep and you can say that for most of the skill positions as well.

Unfortunately, we've had a bad string of QBs, in part because we misevaluate local QBs. No Lamar Jackson, Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Geno Smith over the years.

Wide Receiver...again...a lack of good evaluations have done us in, but we've done fine enough.

Advertisement
What about Homer? Oxbridge in south Florida or further north?
Oxbridge is in West Palm Beach. They no longer play football but it is most definitely South Florida. My mom lives 5 mins from Oxbridge and on a no traffic day I can get from campus to her in 1h15m or so

I believe.
DCjr.jpg

Duke Johnson, Devin Singletary, Frank Gore, Sony Michel and James White on Saturday. Dalvin Cook and Travis Homer on Sunday.

All four of our backs next year are from South Florida. Somebody needs to step up and become the next NFL runner in the lineage.

Burns got you dawg. :)

Advertisement
The way football is evolving, with only a few insane exceptions, I don't think we'll ever struggle with this position.

Then again, 20 years ago, I'd have said the same about the Cornerback position. Which, by the way, I still don't understand.

I remember Randy Shannon taking about the need to have a 1000yd running back. We had a huge dry spell until Miller. And other than Duke one season, not really any.

Advertisement
I remember Randy Shannon taking about the need to have a 1000yd running back. We had a huge dry spell until Miller. And other than Duke one season, not really any.
They started splitting backs but we didn’t really have a dynamic back after Frank Gore. Tyrone Moss was on pace until his injury. Jarvis James showed signs his freshman year but injuries occurred then we had James, Cooper & Berry splitting snaps and getting close to 600 a piece. Then Miller showed up and Duke was incredible. But like you said, not really any. Well Yearby gave us 1000. But from Edge to Gore we had 900+ runners consistently.

Thank God we got rid of Enox...

Now we're really going to see Cam, Chaney, Knighton & even Burns (if he stays) truly flourish.

Chaney has the highest upside amongst the group imo, he'll play on Sunday's. Not saying the other ones won't, but Chaney to me is truly a special back.

This is why those worried about the loss of Lorenzo Lingard are worrying over nothing.

We're fine at this spot. Might be the only room on the team where we are fine.

Go get some (notice I did not say ALL) Tri-County backs every year and we'll always be just fine.

its not nothing, we are just tired of players regressing, playing with not a full roster, missing using the players and kore importantly losing to thrash teams!!! How many high school all Americans did we lose this test to transfer or undrafted to nfl??

Advertisement
Unfortunately, we've had a bad string of QBs, in part because we misevaluate local QBs. No Lamar Jackson, Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Geno Smith over the years.

Wide Receiver...again...a lack of good evaluations have done us in, but we've done fine enough.

outside of Lamar didn’t all the others choose to not come play for those ****** coaches our administrations rolled out there!!!

I **** near could care less about pro football, but it sure was nice to see Duke's catch and run for a really important first down.

Yesterday was a showcase for South Florida RB's. Duke is being underused. Singletary is much better than I thought he'd be.

For those that went in too early on our last couple of Dade RB's thinking they'd be the next big time Cane RB - Yearby, Walton, Burns, Cam - don't worry, Chaney's got your back.

Chaney is that dude.

Advertisement
Back