South Florida RBs in the playoffs

Yesterday was a showcase for South Florida RB's. Duke is being underused. Singletary is much better than I thought he'd be.

For those that went in too early on our last couple of Dade RB's thinking they'd be the next big time Cane RB - Yearby, Walton, Burns, Cam - don't worry, Chaney's got your back.

Chaney is that dude.

Walton emerged as a starting NFL RB before he decided to go back being dumb af Mark Walton.

Cam will emerge as an NFL back. I don't know to what degree...but he's got a skillset that can play in the NFL.

Advertisement
Yesterday was a showcase for South Florida RB's. Duke is being underused. Singletary is much better than I thought he'd be.

For those that went in too early on our last couple of Dade RB's thinking they'd be the next big time Cane RB - Yearby, Walton, Burns, Cam - don't worry, Chaney's got your back.

Chaney is that dude.
Knighton too

Duke Johnson, Devin Singletary, Frank Gore, Sony Michel and James White on Saturday. Dalvin Cook and Travis Homer on Sunday.

All four of our backs next year are from South Florida. Somebody needs to step up and become the next NFL runner in the lineage.

Well if he didn't get hurt Miller would be on that list too.

Advertisement
Walton emerged as a starting NFL RB before he decided to go back being dumb af Mark Walton.

Cam will emerge as an NFL back. I don't know to what degree...but he's got a skillset that can play in the NFL.

Walton started 4 NFL games out of circumstance. He wasn't a legit starting NFL RB.

I think Cam will get a look in the NFL, but I think he's still being overrated by fans. I think he'll be in the Javarris James, Mike James, Damien Berry, Mark Walton type bucket of RB's, but I think most fans are still expecting much more than that from him.

Advertisement
Knighton too

I'm cautiously optimistic on Knighton. I think Cane fans have visions of him being the next Duke Johnson, and I don't think he's realistically at that level. I do think Knighton will be better than Yearby/Walton/Cam - who've all been labeled as "the next guy" at some point.

Chaney I don't think is at the level of the greats - Edge/Portis/Gore/McGahee - but I think he can legit be on the same level as a Lamar Miller.

I'm cautiously optimistic on Knighton. I think Cane fans have visions of him being the next Duke Johnson, and I don't think he's realistically at that level. I do think Knighton will be better than Yearby/Walton/Cam - who've all been labeled as "the next guy" at some point.

Chaney I don't think is at the level of the greats - Edge/Portis/Gore/McGahee - but I think he can legit be on the same level as a Lamar Miller.
Those 2 , Chaney and knighton are the most gifted rbs in south Florida since Dalvin cook imo

Last edited:
Thank God we got rid of Enox...

Now we're really going to see Cam, Chaney, Knighton & even Burns (if he stays) truly flourish.

Chaney has the highest upside amongst the group imo, he'll play on Sunday's. Not saying the other ones won't, but Chaney to me is truly a special back.
What excites me about the new O is it will give our backs a real opportunity to shine. If they have ability, they will have room to showcase it.

Thank God we got rid of Enox...

Now we're really going to see Cam, Chaney, Knighton & even Burns (if he stays) truly flourish.

Chaney has the highest upside amongst the group imo, he'll play on Sunday's. Not saying the other ones won't, but Chaney to me is truly a special back.
El, what do you think the win/loss value of Lashlee is? The defense has its deficiencies, but is even if it drops 10 more spots, will the offense jump enough to provide more wins?

Advertisement
With Henry, all 4 teams yesterday had feature backs from Florida. I count Duke as Houston’s feature back because it ****es me off the way they used him. He would pop off a run for 7-10 yards then the would bring Hyde in and give him the ball the very next play for him to get 2-3 yrds.

Walton started 4 NFL games out of circumstance. He wasn't a legit starting NFL RB.

You have to let go of this Walton thing, man.

He performed well as a starter on a horrible team and was in line for a nice extension. He outperformed their other backs by a mile. His skill in the pass game would have kept him in the league for years if not for off-field issues.

Advertisement
With Henry, all 4 teams yesterday had feature backs from Florida. I count Duke as Houston’s feature back because it ****es me off the way they used him. He would pop off a run for 7-10 yards then the would bring Hyde in and give him the ball the very next play for him to get 2-3 yrds.

Hyde is from Florida, too.

You have to let go of this Walton thing, man.

He performed well as a starter on a horrible team and was in line for a nice extension. He outperformed their other backs by a mile. His skill in the pass game would have kept him in the league for years if not for off-field issues.

Man....you've got to be realistic about Walton. He wasn't better "by a mile" than Myles Gaskin or Patrick Laird. He was basically the same.

Mike James started 3 games his rookie year. Had a 158 yd rushing game. It didn't make him more than 3rd/4th string RB.

This isn't me hating on Walton - this is being realistic. Travis Homer & Gus Edwards were starting RB's at the end of the season. Duke Johnson is better than all of them. But none are starting NFL RB's. They're capable of giving you some starts when circumstances dictate it though.

You can be fans of guys and root for them while still being realistic about who they are as players.

Advertisement
Back