South Florida Quarterbacks (2014)

Looks like nine South Florida QBs went D-1:

Sean White, University (Auburn)
Treon Harris, Booker T (Florida)
Peyton Bender, Cardinal Gibbons (Washington State)
Winky Flowers, Jackson (USF)
Nico Pierre, Coral Reef (Duke)
Wade Freebeck, STA (Vanderbilt)
Alin Eduoard, Hialeah (Syracuse)
Bud Martin, Dillard (FIU)
Nick Jeanty, Miramar (New Mexico State)

And a tenth guy (Kahlil Render) never got a test score and is headed to JUCO. I think he's a better player than some of the guys on that list.

It is a new era in South Florida football.

Names we will be hearing very often the next 4 years or so.

I think we'll be hearing the names Nico, Bud, Peyton and Treon often as well... And if Render stats focus he'll be a star as well...

Advertisement
5 of those 9 are Broward kids. Not that much has changed. White got some major slurpage on various Espn programming but I'd still take Kaaya. His mom was on 227 or something.

For the sanity if this board I am kind of rooting against Sean White.

D$ has been banging this drum for some time. Looks like he may have been on to something.

Only way I don't see that kid becoming a premier QB is if they try to make him a dual QB like their system calls for, or he gets concussion issues, cause he stands tall in that pocket and doesn't flinch no mater who is coming at him. And that quality can get an SEC QB killed

Sean White is very agile in the pocket. Moves well.

Coach gus isn't going to make Sean fit the offense, he will change the offense to fit Sean. Look how Auburns offense changed from the beginning of the year to the end.

Malzahn is an offensive genius, he will cater his system to the best QB they have. He essentially got started in CFB because he coached Mustain in Hs (Arky job didn't work out bc Nutt was a moron), he wasnt a mobile guy. That said his 2 greatest successes are with Newton and Marshall. It is going to take a lot for him to give up that part of his offense so White better be unbelievable.

Advertisement

And a tenth guy (Kahlil Render) never got a test score and is headed to JUCO. I think he's a better player than some of the guys on that list.

I think we'll be hearing the names Nico, Bud, Peyton and Treon often as well... And if Render stats focus he'll be a star as well...

Alin and Nico will quietly become good at there respective schools and will end up being very well respected by their senior season. I'd love to say Treon will get the respect he deserves but i'm nott 100% he'll stay a QB at Florida. and as for Winky... next Cato?

For the sanity if this board I am kind of rooting against Sean White.

D$ has been banging this drum for some time. Looks like he may have been on to something.

Only way I don't see that kid becoming a premier QB is if they try to make him a dual QB like their system calls for, or he gets concussion issues, cause he stands tall in that pocket and doesn't flinch no mater who is coming at him. And that quality can get an SEC QB killed

Sean White is very agile in the pocket. Moves well.

Coach gus isn't going to make Sean fit the offense, he will change the offense to fit Sean. Look how Auburns offense changed from the beginning of the year to the end.

Malzahn is an offensive genius, he will cater his system to the best QB they have. He essentially got started in CFB because he coached Mustain in Hs (Arky job didn't work out bc Nutt was a moron), he wasnt a mobile guy. That said his 2 greatest successes are with Newton and Marshall. It is going to take a lot for him to give up that part of his offense so White better be unbelievable.

But the dual threat QB is kinda new to Gus. Look at most of his QBs when he was at the HS. They were slinging it all lover the field and weren't the most mobile guys. (Rhett Lashlee, Mitch Mustain and Eli forgot his last name)

Who was recruiting Render before he went to JUCO?

Render burst on the scene really late.

He didn't start at Homestead, which blows my mind. He transferred to South Dade as a senior, threw 41 TDs, won the state title, set a title game record, and came back home to win the Dade/Broward game MVP. If he keeps improving, teams that run spread offenses will fight for him.

Advertisement
I would take a Texas or California quarterback over a Florida quarterback 9 timea out of ten.

Right now, absolutely. But times change. Texas has supplanted California as the quarterback capital, and it's not even close. Florida is way behind those guys but climbing. Spread offenses and 7-on-7 camps are revolutionizing Florida football.

Last year, a South Florida quarterback got picked before any Texas or California quarterback in the NFL Draft. This year, two Florida quarterbacks are going in the Top 10. It's possible that both guys go before the first non-Floridian.

This development is a great thing for Miami. We hit a home-run with Kaaya, but it's always more secure when you have local talent and don't have to go across the country to beat out the hometown schools. The better South Florida quarterbacks get, the more meltdowns we will have on this board about south florida studs who leave and ball out elsewhere.
Fify

Doubt that. Maybe White but that's it. Those other guys are extremely raw and basically played "hood ball" in high school. (i.e. toss-it-up)

The one game I saw of Flowers he looked relatively pedestrian. He almost threw 3 picks to the same guy and the balls he did complete were simple throws. He looked like he was out there playin' ****-it-chuck-it football, running around and slangin' the ball deep. Not a lot of crisp throws. Then again, it's hard to tell how good some of the QB's are when they play in these rinky dink offenses.

Eduoard, more of the same.

Freebeck has the 2nd best arm on that list IMO but his pocket presence needs a lot of work. He throws a beautiful ball though. I think his success depends on what system he's put in. He looked better during his Junior year than he did in STA's system. STA doesn't exactly make things easy on their QB's. A lot of difficult throws and no "quick game". You can see the arm talent in his highlights though, and at 6'6" he can be a good one if Vanderbilt's staff works on him a bit. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1603597/highlights/123709375

Sean White, I have a feeling he'll be the best of the bunch. I'm sold on him. Height might be an issue but Auburn will scheme around that.

Alin and Nico will quietly become good at there respective schools and will end up being very well respected by their senior season. I'd love to say Treon will get the respect he deserves but i'm nott 100% he'll stay a QB at Florida. and as for Winky... next Cato?

I agree those qbs are talented... We have some solid qbs down here... It's not the 80's or 90's anymore... These qbs are slinging that pill around man haha... I think Treon will make a name for himself... I actually thought FSU was the better option because outside of size I didn't see Consentino beating him out... And the amount of weapons they brought in also helps... However, Roper liked Treon and right now he is the new coach preferred qb... It'll be an interesting battle between him and Grier... Both are talented prospects...

Advertisement
I'm perfectly fine with the staff always siding with non-local prospects as a tiebreaker between guys close in quality. The potential for a ridiculous ****storm of criticism from some of these hs corches regarding playing time or lack thereof at that position for their guy just isn't worth it at this point when Coley can just as easily go grab the #1 QB in Cali or get in early on a kid from Tenn. That's why I was almost glad to see Treon Harris go elsewhere. Until we're clearly taking inferior quality from elsewhere I'm absolutely fine with looking nationally at that position first.

The one game I saw of Flowers he looked relatively pedestrian. He almost threw 3 picks to the same guy and the balls he did complete were simple throws. He looked like he was out there playin' ****-it-chuck-it football, running around and slangin' the ball deep. Not a lot of crisp throws. Then again, it's hard to tell how good some of the QB's are when they play in these rinky dink offenses.

Freebeck has the 2nd best arm on that list IMO but his pocket presence needs a lot of work. He throws a beautiful ball though. I think his success depends on what system he's put in. He looked better during his Junior year than he did in STA's system. STA doesn't exactly make things easy on their QB's. A lot of difficult throws and no "quick game". You can see the arm talent in his highlights though, and at 6'6" he can be a good one if Vanderbilt's staff works on him a bit. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1603597/highlights/123709375

Sean White, I have a feeling he'll be the best of the bunch. I'm sold on him. Height might be an issue but Auburn will scheme around that.

I think the comparison needed to made is between Rosier and the guys on this list. We took a project from Alabama instead of some QB's from South Florida who may be projects as well.

I think the comparison needed to made is between Rosier and the guys on this list. We took a project from Alabama instead of some QB's from South Florida who may be projects as well.

That's all fine and good if Kaaya (or Olsen) never struggle. If they do at all then all of a sudden your local "project" isn't a project any longer and every local corch, handler and 7 on 7 scumbag is crying that their kid should be starting NOW or that the staff sucks. I'm just saying that I'd be extremely cautious ever taking a kid from certain programs down here that I didn't project as absolutely competing for the position sooner rather than later.

Advertisement
5 of those 9 are Broward kids. Not that much has changed. White got some major slurpage on various Espn programming but I'd still take Kaaya. His mom was on 227 or something.

lol was she even on 227? I know she was on Friday. She was recently on VladTV. **** I want that 227 to be true

I just looked up everybody and this was not a good crop of QBs. Majority to almost all of them did nothing in College. Flowers was a beast. Peyton Bender was at least a starter this past year at Kansas.

Advertisement
Back