South Florida OL

It's sad people still blame Kirkland for Golden's humiliating episode... That doesn't make sense... What coach rescinds an offer then returns to offer the same kid but does not show up and allows his linebacker coach to attempt make amends? If the staff felt like he was playing them, offer someone else. Golden isn't the only one who has dealt with dishonesty in recruiting, he just botches a lot of situations. I mean even Fisher thought he was getting Stacy Coley up until like the Sunday before NSD but out of the blue Stacy stopped returning his calls. He didn't try to pull the kids scholly he let it play.

Anyway that story doesn't make any sense. Why pull the scholly then re-offer it? He messed up. And Dmoney has confirmed that never happened. I also don't see how the staff thought they were going to get Thimas when his high school coaches forced him to communicate with our coaches. He was skipping out on visits.

Advertisement
It's sad people still blame Kirkland for Golden's humiliating episode... That doesn't make sense... What coach rescinds an offer then returns to offer the same kid but does not show up and allows his linebacker coach to attempt make amends? If the staff felt like he was playing them, offer someone else. Golden isn't the only one who has dealt with dishonesty in recruiting, he just botches a lot of situations. I mean even Fisher thought he was getting Stacy Coley up until like the Sunday before NSD but out of the blue Stacy stopped returning his calls. He didn't try to pull the kids scholly he let it play.

Anyway that story doesn't make any sense. Why pull the scholly then re-offer it? He messed up. And Dmoney has confirmed that never happened. I also don't see how the staff thought they were going to get Thimas when his high school coaches forced him to communicate with our coaches. He was skipping out on visits.

This. And his high school coach, that is now our current running back coach, saying the offer was pulled then triggered isn't proof for you? If that isn't enough proof then nothing will ever be so there's no point in continuing to argue

Proving my point. Freshman on the line should never be starting or doing anything that isn't mop up duty. Had to take almost a dozen this year due to al being absolutely horrendous with prepping each year and position with solid numbers
Expecting 2 18 year old kids to be significant contributors in one od the hardest positions is being ready????

The old maxim used to be that you needed to leave South Florida for OL. Golden has said it himself. Problem is, I don't think it's true anymore.

Look at our recent OL. Brandon Linder is a future Pro Bowler for Jacksonville. Ereck Flowers is a first round pick. Shane McDermott was first team All-ACC, and Jon Feliciano was a four-year starter.

We have a depth crisis at OL right now, and the problem is that we did not recruit enough South Florida OL. From what I've seen, we have four OL who can play in games-- Trevor Darling, Nick Linder, Danny Isidora and Kc McDermott. All four of those guys are from South Florida. The rest of the OL (Jones, Grimsley, Brown, Wells, Gall, Odogwu) are not good enough.

In 2013, myself and others felt that Denver Kirkland was a future NFL lineman. Our staff wasn't as high on him, botched his recruitment, and now he is a monster for Arkansas. In 2014, I was very vocal that we should offer A'Lique Terry (Hialeah) and Reginald Bain (Central). Golden vetoed both guys, and we ended up with Joe Brown and Tyler Grimsley. Bain ended up as a first-team freshman All-American for FAU, and Terry was a Day 1 starter for Wake Forest. Both would have helped us immensely this year.

Of course, we should still go out of state for studs like Milo and St. Louis. But the tide is turning locally in terms of OL prospects.

I've heard nothing but good about Brown from his first year of practice here. And there is nothing at all wrong with Gall. Knighton would be a starter by know if he hadn't had the heat issue but he should be back at full strength this year. James is raw but should be fine as well. Then we have St. Louis coming in June who is said to be probably ready to play as a freshman and maybe Milo as well. I think you grossly underestimate our readiness here.

How old were Darling and KC last season? Lindner?
I don't know about the "never should be starting" part. Fox, Flowers, and Linder all started as true freshmen and were very good right away. And I would be willing to bet that Milo might be as well.

All you'll thought N. Linder was going to be a jag until he suited up and shut you'll up...Let Brown, Gadbois, Jones, etc. get some real game action before you discredit them like you did Linder.

The old maxim used to be that you needed to leave South Florida for OL. Golden has said it himself. Problem is, I don't think it's true anymore.

Look at our recent OL. Brandon Linder is a future Pro Bowler for Jacksonville. Ereck Flowers is a first round pick. Shane McDermott was first team All-ACC, and Jon Feliciano was a four-year starter.

We have a depth crisis at OL right now, and the problem is that we did not recruit enough South Florida OL. From what I've seen, we have four OL who can play in games-- Trevor Darling, Nick Linder, Danny Isidora and Kc McDermott. All four of those guys are from South Florida. The rest of the OL (Jones, Grimsley, Brown, Wells, Gall, Odogwu) are not good enough.

In 2013, myself and others felt that Denver Kirkland was a future NFL lineman. Our staff wasn't as high on him, botched his recruitment, and now he is a monster for Arkansas. In 2014, I was very vocal that we should offer A'Lique Terry (Hialeah) and Reginald Bain (Central). Golden vetoed both guys, and we ended up with Joe Brown and Tyler Grimsley. Bain ended up as a first-team freshman All-American for FAU, and Terry was a Day 1 starter for Wake Forest. Both would have helped us immensely this year.

Of course, we should still go out of state for studs like Milo and St. Louis. But the tide is turning locally in terms of OL prospects.

We had to go out of state to get St. Louis? Isn't he from Tampa?

Advertisement
Since peewee football all the great running backs know who the great blockers are...lets see what happens in the fall when the pads are on and the starters are in whether the RBs or the tackles and guards. To talk of what ifs and what evers is retarded. And with no knowledge of our team during spring practice.....who the **** knows....LOL

Last edited:
Thanks for the analysis. seems you are right. we've had a good number of local OTs. As to having only 4, i think you missed Gadbois. He was making a great deal of progress before his injury, enough to see significant minutes and start 3 games before injury. He'll be starting this year and he has the dog in him.

I'm a big Gadbois fan but he has off-the-field issues to sort out before we can pencil him in anywhere.

This seems to be the book on this kid every season.

Thanks for the analysis. seems you are right. we've had a good number of local OTs. As to having only 4, i think you missed Gadbois. He was making a great deal of progress before his injury, enough to see significant minutes and start 3 games before injury. He'll be starting this year and he has the dog in him.

I'm a big Gadbois fan but he has off-the-field issues to sort out before we can pencil him in anywhere.

this very good and balanced thread has shifted a bit into DK's botched recruitment. vomit.

however, what is interesting is that you left out gadbois from the starting 5 because he has off the filed issues. details por favor.

Pulling the scholly was a mistake. Just know he's not coming and find his replacement. The whole DM mess was humiliating. Especially to us.

I tried to explain how fat *** mucked up the recruitment of DK on another board, but the girlden girls weren't hearing me. Even if DK was playing us it would have benefited Girlden to not pull the kids offer, let things play out, and in the end, he doesn't get the bad publicity from pulling a kid's offer days before SD. But no. His dumb *** had to make a point. Well, point made corch, you're a dumb ***!

Advertisement

We had to go out of state to get St. Louis? Isn't he from Tampa?

State of Miami

Didn't DK want to commit at a all star game but Golden wasn't having it, so he pulled the offer.

Dumb mofos still talking about Kirkland....Why....Jesus Christ. Again ...Let the Starting running backs decide who starts as has been the fact since football started

This is big news and a big fuggin deal. Our OT's are as shaky depth wise as they've been in almost 10 years or so. Maybe even longer than that.

I'm not gonna ask about classified info on Gadbois' off the field issues but if he isn't starting this fall who are going to be the starting 5?

Lawd have mercy on Kaaya if Gadbois can't suit up.

For the record I've always been really high on Taylor's potential. He could be a MAULER!

Advertisement

That maxim is stupid.
It is probably regurgitated nonsense that some of our fellow Cane fans drivel without putting a thought into what they are
actually repeating.
Somewhat along the same lines of the "I respect FSU because they play us every year" mantra nonsense alot of Canes
fans spew (never mind that program has been just as classless and nasty, arguably even worse, than uf-ag on many occasions).

Anyways, I grew up in soFla during the 1970s, played on some pretty strong little league and HS teams, and played against, with and watched some very talented local soFla high OLmen.

During the 1970s and 1980s, this area put out talent like Warren Bryant (Edison, Kentucky, Falcons), Stefan Humphries (STA, Michigan),
Lomas Brown (Miami Springs,u-***,Lions), Michael Dames (Miami Beach,Michigan), Bruce Armstrong (Central, Louisville,Pats),
William Roberts (Carol City,OhioState,Giants), Keith Ueucker (Hollywood Hills,Auburn,Packers), Kevin Simons (Carol City, Tennessee, Browns),
Steve Everritt (Southridge,Michigan), Randy Dixon (Clewiston, Pitt, Colts), Mike McDonald (HML, Mississippi State),
plus the local soFla OL talent that played on some very good f$u and UM teams of that era.

Similar deal during the 1990s and last decade.

Now, it is true that you do find alot of good OL talent in the midwest.
Especially in regions where you have alot of kids of eastern European and Scandinavian descent.
But we have plenty of local talent in our backyard.
We just need to keep them home.

Last edited:
Yep - there was talent; that talent usually always went elsewhere. Lots of kids in 80s and 90s that went elsewhere

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back