South Florida football continues to distance itself

I don't understand how a small handful of games is going to determine what state has the better players.

I can't follow that kind of myopic logic.

Advertisement
I don't understand how a small handful of games is going to determine what state has the better players.

I can't follow that kind of myopic logic.

Does a better job of determining better teams, not talent. Miami Central had twice as many D1 prospects as the two teams that they lost to from GA. It's mostly about "bragging rights".

The State of Georgia had 30 players drafted while Florida had 37 players drafted. Florida's population is almost double that of Georgia, though I I don't have the numbers for high school age kids. Most of the guys drafted fall into 1 of 3 counties in GA (Cobb, Gwinnett or Fulton).

Public and private schools in the Atlanta city limits had 4 drafted. Gwinnett County is in metro Atlanta had at least 4 drafted as well.

Lived in Atlanta.....grew up in s.fla....

SH*t is TOTALLY different down here regarding football......Though i would like um to hit the metro atlanta every year for a prospect...

Some powerhouse teams in the metro atlanta area....though and i consider ga the 3rd-4th Best football state on a year in out basis behind FL/TX/CA.

Northside beat Booker T in 2008
Grayson beat Miami Central in 2012.
Camden County beat Miami Central in 2010

Booker T beat Norcross in 2013
Miami Central beat Stephenson in 2014

I know there are more but the point is FL isn't as far ahead of GA as everyone makes it out to be. At the end of the day it is a fact that 37 from Florida and 30 from Georgia were drafted. Florida has almost twice the population as GA which means a player born in GA is more likely to get drafted than one born in Florida. While I don't have the numbers I know FL produces a lot more D1 football players so I guess the real question is which one is true, either Florida high schools despite being the best are slightly over rated or players from GA are under rated.

Guess we'll see on August 29th. 4 top high schools from FL and GA will play:

Stephenson GA v. Amer Heritage
Marist v. Coconut Creek
Cedar Grove v. Hallandale
Tucker v. Godby

I think FL walks away with 3 out of the 4.
FL 3 wins. GA 1 win. SFL went 3 for 3 against GA.

Advertisement
Back