South Florida 7 on 7 Corches Celebrating Great "Technique"

Advertisement
In my limited experience (I admit) I've noticed that kids who look the part but don't always get results are celebrated more than kids who may not look the part but get results. My experience is in baseball but it's still the same deal. I've watched kids make error after error but still stay on the field because their technique looks good. Then I've watched kids who aren't polished in tech make an error and not see the field again no matter what they do in practice. The kid who looks like a ball player plays even though the kid who looks goofy but makes all the plays sits the bench. I'll help them with the tech but in the end I want results and the kid who gets results is who I'm gonna put on the field. Some coaches seem to worry about looks before results. I spent a year watching travel ball and came away unimpressed with a lot of the coaching. I'm glad to be coaching again this year.

Advertisement
You don’t have a clue WTF you’re talking about.
please explain that to me if you don't mind, cause personally I know im very qualified. My opinion, on this matter has already been made in another thread but I'd love to hear what makes you so qualified to have a such a correct opinion on the matter.

Advertisement
please explain that to me if you don't mind, cause personally I know im very qualified. My opinion, on this matter has already been made in another thread but I'd love to hear what makes you so qualified to have a such a correct opinion on the matter.

Who gives a fck

If anybody axes if south Florida coaching sucks....just point them to this video. Not because in frustration Junior Armella threw him down...but he and others celebrated this trash. If south Florida kids think this commendable technique, then there is a lot to be desired about football culture down there.

During our best years, my recollection is that we were always heavily penalized. I think this might have been attributable to something of an outlaw mentality and poor discipline. (Also perhaps a bit of bias from officials.)

We were usually able to overcome and win because of superior talent and athletic ability. And to some degree intimidation.

Still, he should not be congratulated because of such blatantly bad technique.

Advertisement
He's supposedly 100% Nole so he'll fit in on their junk o-line just as well.
In the '80's the stories were that FSU OLs played dirty...I have a recollection of reports of extensive holding that was never called. In one of the games in the early '80's, NG Tony Fitzpatrick said FSU OLs were leg-whipping like crazy. I remember his exact quote: "It's amazing we didn't have 19 knee injuries."

I can't remember now which year it was. Probably '82 or '83. I think Richt started the '82 game which we lost. (Richt was suspended right after the '82 game, incidentally.)

Man, those comments though. Sheesh. Lol I couldn’t even get through them all. Kid will drop in rankings because of this. Bet. Feel sorry for him because clearly he doesn’t know any better.

Advertisement
Also, let’s be clear here this is not a high school coach. This is a 7 on 7 coach. Which means he’s just some guy. Now Florida public high school athletics are notoriously underfunded which often leads to not being able to afford a good coach but most of the high school coaches are at least competent. I doubt you’d find an actual high school staff member celebrating an obvious hold.

I had to re-read this again..I assure that you overrate high school coaches in general. Foh

Last edited:
If anybody axes if south Florida coaching sucks....just point them to this video. Not because in frustration Junior Armella threw him down...but he and others celebrated this trash. If south Florida kids think this commendable technique, then there is a lot to be desired about football culture down there.

During our best years, my recollection is that we were always heavily penalized. I think this might have been attributable to something of an outlaw mentality and poor discipline. (Also perhaps a bit of bias from officials.)

We were usually able to overcome and win because of superior talent and athletic ability. And to some degree intimidation.

Still, he should not be congratulated because of such blatantly bad technique.

Child please STFU.

South Florida has the best high school coaches in the country.

There is only one location in America where coaches have to teach 6-7 hours worth of classes while producing & developing the best high school players in the country...that’s south Florida & the state of Florida as a whole.

I had to re-read this again..I assure that you overrate high school coaches in general. Foh
Honestly, shut the **** up. You know nothing at all. You’re a contrarian loser who starts arguments with insults an no real facts or knowledge to back them up. Put me on ignore and stop quoting my posts dork.

Advertisement
Back