South Florida '19- The QBs

Advertisement
Lamar Jackson, would have been Lamar Jackson no matter what school he played at (shocking you would even make that comment). So are you suggesting Lamar Jackson would not have fared better than Rozier? Cmon' Man! Or Teddy B? Tyler Huntley? Both Mike White and Brandon Doughty are NFL Draft Picks. Carson Wentz, played at ND State, if you can play QB you can play QB. But perhaps you are right Carson Wentz couldnt have played at UM. lmaof.

BTW, Miami runs a multi-flex offense (Pro and Spread). I think this group of '19 QBs from South Florida, when it is all said and done are going to have many of you eating your words. Daniel Richardson is going to light it up in college wherever he goes, Scalzo is going to be a spark at UK, Underwood or as I would like to call him, UnderUtilized will have a great career at Marshall and so will the rest of the pack listed in the article.

I could've faired better than Rosier.

Jackson would NOT have had those numbers here. We haven't been innovative or dangerous on offense in a very long time. I think it's silly that you would insinuate that he would have had the same career here. Quarterback is the main position where coaching/coordinating can make or break a player.

We would have had no clue what to do with that kid. We've been playing quarterbacks out of position/scheme for years.

Don't even think about touching Florida QB's. We already have one and he can't even beat out Malik bleeping Rosier.

Get in the know.... Alot going on at McArthur. The game is going to be a lot closer than everyone expects, certainly not a running clock.

Ok, I'll take your word for it. But I've seen this story before.

New coach comes in.
Team gets a bunch of transfers.
They beat up on some cupcakes.
Then fall into irrelevance a couple years later.

Flash in the pan programs are all over South Florida. Monarch, Piper, Coconut Creek, etc.

I don't know the new coaches at McArthur but what I do know is that their administration has no clue what it takes to build a program. (unless they've changed)
They've made some of the worst coaching hires known to man.

Advertisement
Daniel Richardson has seemingly not grown since he was in 7th grade. Loved watching him play over the years though.

Any idea who is heavily recruiting him? Timmy Jr. has been on him but not sure how much interest FIU really has in him.

Scalzo is the type of guy all the dummies overlook because they’re too focused on stupid **** and not on football ability. Same reason Baker Mayfield had to walk on twice.

You just named a bunch of kids that played at lower tier schools. Those kids aren't/weren't ACC caliber.

The ones that didn't play at lower tier schools (Jackson, Bridgewater, Smith) played for great/innovative OC's that molded their offense around said QB's ability.

Lamar Jackson wouldn't have been Lamar Jackson if he came here.
Same for Geno Smith.

We would've put those kids under center and they would've looked like a$$ and taken twice as long to develop.

The problem with Miami and the local QB talent is that Miami doesn't run a system that in conducive to their skill-set and abilities.
This times infinity.

Dudes keep mentioning WKU QBs who played for guys like Brohm and Petrino against dog **** competition.

Mike White? LOL. That motherfcker couldn’t even hack it at USF.

Then, they act like Folden would have developed and used Lamar like Petrino did. Double LOL.

Advertisement
To be fair, many here were pretty high on Mike White.

That 2013 quarterback class, when looking back, was pretty **** good.

We always called it the Mac. And Prop Joe and company put it on the map back in my high school days in the 2000s.
Glad you had a great run during your time there. We sucked when I was there in the 70's. **** HC - for the life of me I can't remember his name - refused to play underclassman. He'd only dress 30-35 kids, So, we all said F you, we'll play at our optimist teams. I have no doubt my PPO team could have beat the HS team my FR and SO years.

Lamar Jackson, would have been Lamar Jackson no matter what school he played at (shocking you would even make that comment). So are you suggesting Lamar Jackson would not have fared better than Rozier? Cmon' Man! Or Teddy B? Tyler Huntley? Both Mike White and Brandon Doughty are NFL Draft Picks. Carson Wentz, played at ND State, if you can play QB you can play QB. But perhaps you are right Carson Wentz couldnt have played at UM. lmaof.

BTW, Miami runs a multi-flex offense (Pro and Spread). I think this group of '19 QBs from South Florida, when it is all said and done are going to have many of you eating your words. Daniel Richardson is going to light it up in college wherever he goes, Scalzo is going to be a spark at UK, Underwood or as I would like to call him, UnderUtilized will have a great career at Marshall and so will the rest of the pack listed in the article.

Al Folden would have had him at TE

Advertisement
Career reviews are back!

Nik Scalzo - Signed with Kentucky. Redshirted 2019. Tore his ACL in 2020. Tore his ACL again in 2021. Transferred to FCS Samford. Tore his ACL AGAIN in 2022. Reserve in 2023.

Gio Richardson - Transferred to Dwyer for senior season. Signed with UT-Chattanooga. Redshirted 2019. Transferred to FIU. Moved to LB. Reserve 2020. In the rotation 2021 & totaled 17 tackles and a pick. Entered portal. Current status unclear.

Mariano Valenti - Signed with Northern Illinois. Redshirted 2019. Transferred to Temple. Reserve 2020. Backup QB 2021. Reserve in 2022. Transferred to DII Northern Michigan. Backup QB in 2023.

Isaiah Velez - Signed with FCS Eastern Kentucky. Redshirted 2019. Backup QB in 2020, capped the season by passing for 461 yards and 3 touchdowns in 49-17 victory against Western Carolina. Transferred to FIU. Did not play in 2021. Played at Coffeyville CC in Kansas in 2022. Claims to have transferred to Louisiana-Monroe according to his X profile, but he is not listed on the school's roster nor has any film or stats from 2023. Current status unknown.

TJ Smith - Played at Iowa Western CC in 2019 and 2020. Transferred to DII Upper Iowa. Backup QB in 2021. Walked on at FAU. Reserve in 2022. Transferred to FCS North Alabama. Backup QB in 2023.

Curt Casteel - Signed with Harvard. Reserve in 2019, 2021 and 2022. The Ivy League canceled football in 2020. Currently works as a junior financial analyst for SAB Capital in New York City.

Daniel Richardson - Signed with Central Michigan. Redshirted 2019. Backup 2020. One of the best QBs in the conference in 2021. Pedestrian numbers in 2022 as the entire Chippewa team struggled to a 4-8 finish. Transferred to FAU. Took over as starting QB after Casey Thompson suffered a season-ending injury. Had some good outings but overall pedestrian performance.

Cairiq Rackley - Played both football and baseball at FAMU. Redshirted 2019. FAMU canceled all sports in 2020. I cannot find anything else on him after that.

Kamran Kadivar - I can't find anything on him after high school.

Maurice Underwood - Signed with Marshall. Redshirted 2019. Transferred to Butler CC in Kansas. Doesn't appear to have ever played there, or anywhere else. Current status unclear.

Jesse Rivera - Signed with DII Ferris State. Redshirted 2019. Football season canceled in 2020. Backup QB in 2021 and 2022. Entered the portal, doesn't appear to have found a suitor, current status unclear.

Tyler Pena - Signed with Bethune-Cookman. Was listed on the roster as a junior in 2021 but apparently never played in a game there. Current status unclear.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Career reviews are back!

Nik Scalzo - Signed with Kentucky. Redshirted 2019. Tore his ACL in 2020. Tore his ACL again in 2021. Transferred to FCS Samford. Tore his ACL AGAIN in 2022. Reserve in 2023.

Gio Richardson - Transferred to Dwyer for senior season. Signed with UT-Chattanooga. Redshirted 2019. Transferred to FIU. Moved to LB. Reserve 2020. In the rotation 2021 & totaled 17 tackles and a pick. Entered portal. Current status unclear.

Mariano Valenti - Signed with Northern Illinois. Redshirted 2019. Transferred to Temple. Reserve 2020. Backup QB 2021. Reserve in 2022. Transferred to DII Northern Michigan. Backup QB in 2023.

Isaiah Velez - Signed with FCS Eastern Kentucky. Redshirted 2019. Backup QB in 2020, capped the season by passing for 461 yards and 3 touchdowns in 49-17 victory against Western Carolina. Transferred to FIU. Did not play in 2021. Played at Coffeyville CC in Kansas in 2022. Claims to have transferred to Louisiana-Monroe according to his X profile, but he is not listed on the school's roster nor has any film or stats from 2023. Current status unknown.

TJ Smith - Played at Iowa Western CC in 2019 and 2020. Transferred to DII Upper Iowa. Backup QB in 2021. Walked on at FAU. Reserve in 2022. Transferred to FCS North Alabama. Backup QB in 2023.

Curt Casteel - Signed with Harvard. Reserve in 2019, 2021 and 2022. The Ivy League canceled football in 2020. Currently works as a junior financial analyst for SAB Capital in New York City.

Daniel Richardson - Signed with Central Michigan. Redshirted 2019. Backup 2020. One of the best QBs in the conference in 2021. Pedestrian numbers in 2022 as the entire Chippewa team struggled to a 4-8 finish. Transferred to FAU. Took over as starting QB after Casey Thompson suffered a season-ending injury. Had some good outings but overall pedestrian performance.

Cairiq Rackley - Played both football and baseball at FAMU. Redshirted 2019. FAMU canceled all sports in 2020. I cannot find anything else on him after that.

Maurice Underwood - Signed with Marshall. Redshirted 2019. Transferred to Butler CC in Kansas. Doesn't appear to have ever played there, or anywhere else. Current status unclear.

Jesse Rivera - Signed with DII Ferris State. Redshirted 2019. Football season canceled in 2020. Backup QB in 2021 and 2022. Entered the portal, doesn't appear to have found a suitor, current status unclear.

Tyler Pena - Signed with Bethune-Cookman. Was listed on the roster as a junior in 2021 but apparently never played in a game there. Current status unclear.
one of the worst years but we knew that.

Daniel Richardson the best out the bunch.

My younging TJ sMITH SCORED 3 TD FOR NORTH ALABAMA THIS YEAR was shocked he still was suiting up giving it a go at the level.

Career reviews are back!

Love these old review posts!

Advertisement
Back