South Florida '18- The QBs

View as article
FAU has themselves a good one if Tutu sticks.

Immediate special teams guy but can really develop into a nice slot type very early. Just needs to add some token weight while maintaining that speed. You never know though...maybe he ends up at QB for them.

Dude is 140lbs

Get him in a college weight room, he'll grow a lil bit.

Tommy Shuler was like 5'6" 5'7" 160 170ish by the end of senior year (Ht/Wt inflated like crazy on the sites) and he turned out just fine and he grew.

Kid won't be able to throw over his own OL.

Advertisement
I still can't get over the fact that Atwell is only 140 lbs. That's like a child.

Advertisement
I still can't get over the fact that Atwell is only 140 lbs. That's like a child.

That was from his sophomore year. He's not huge but I think he ultimately will be fine weight-wise.

Advertisement
Among this list, Jordan Travis & Marlon Smith are the best pure passers in South Fla.

Travis is probably the only one who could be a legit take for Miami... He's still very underrated, but will blow up his Senior season, I've heard that Jumbo is actually pretty high on him.

But, obviously I'm rooting for Lil Tutu, I think MNW has enough Secondary help to have a solid enough defense to win State this year.
He should be really good at FAU.

Marlon Smith has crazy upside & potential, I could see him going to USF and being a baller. Kid is a great athlete & a pretty good Basketball player too, he had a huge impact on Carol City winning State last year. He's an impressive thrower.

Jimbo met with Jordan Travis and his family about a month ago.....he's going to blow up this spring. Great athlete, that has looked a lot better since he has transferred to The Benjamin School.

If I'm Butch Davis I make Bubrick my #1 target at QB. Perfect fit for FIU. Kid has lots of talent. Smooth QB, good footwork. Pocket presence. Mobile enough. Could be the type of player that transforms a program like an FIU. And starts a pipeline.

Advertisement
Updated the list to include verified measurables from the Opening. I also added [MENTION=16777]Coach1k[/MENTION] guy, Kyle Kaplan, as he looked better than some of the other kids on the list on Sunday.

Advertisement
The series y'all loved last year is back! I had to do an image rebrand & went through some changes in the infrastructure of the corporation, thus the name switch.

Jordan Travis - Signed with Louisville. Played 3 games as a true freshman. Transferred to FSU in 2019. Didn't play much, Willie Taggart chose to die on the James Blackman hill. Started 6 games in 2020 & put up 1000 passing yards, 54% completion, 559 rushing yards and 13 total touchdowns as the Seminoles looked comedically terrible. Put up nearly identical numbers in 2021 as the Noles added a bevy of portal entrants to help him look competent. Had a good year in 2022 with 2700 passing yards, 22 TDs and 4 picks on 63% completion. Announced he is coming back for 2023.

Tutu Atwell - Signed with Louisville as a receiver. Averaged 17 yards a catch in 10 games as a true freshman. Exploded into one of the best receivers in college football in 2019 & 2020. Drafted 2nd round by the Rams in 2021.

George Bubrick - Signed with the University of Chicago. I wasn't even aware they had a football team. I can't find any stats on him but he definitely got an amazing degree.

Marlon Smith - It looks like he was either committed to or was being heavily recruited by USF at one point. I literally cannot find anything about him after high school.

Legend Moore - Was committed to Northern Illinois but got dropped late, most likely due to academics. Played WR at Coahoma CC in Mississippi in 2018. I cannot find anything else after that.

Harrison Story - Signed with Division II Florida Tech. I cannot find any stats on him for 2018 and 2019. Florida Tech folded their football team in 2020.

Kyle Kaplan - Started out at Monroe College, a JUCO in New Rochelle, New York. Transferred to the University of Fort Lauderdale in the NCCAA (yes you read that right.) Totaled 967 passing yards & 5 TDs in 2021. I can't find any stats for 2022.

Alex Mineo - Couldn't find anything after high school. Apparently he attends/attended FAU but didn't play football.

Beau Fillichio - Missed entire senior year due to injury. Walked on at FSU. Didn't play in 2018. Can't find anything else after that.

Advertisement
Back