Sorry...but Lashlee ain't all that....

I’ve been the first to criticize the team for its uneven play and still feel that way but 7-1 is 7-1. What a lot of posters here have been saying is despite the record we’re just an average team, but I feel slightly better now because I see an average team with a will to win. We can go 10-1 or 7-4. Gotta enjoy the Ws and take the team for what it is.

Advertisement
I’ve said it many times I think lashlee gets too much credit and too much hate

the difference between this year and last is botrelagas
If we had him last year we win 3 more games and at 9 wins enos is still the oc

we lose this game without Jose
We lose to nc state without Jose
we lose to pitt without Jose

honestly to my eye test we don’t look that different besides king actually tries to avoid sacks

Last edited:
I’ve been the first to criticize the team for its uneven play and still feel that way but 7-1 is 7-1. What a lot of posters here have been saying is despite the record we’re just an average team, but I feel slightly better now because I see an average team with a will to win. We can go 10-1 or 7-4. Gotta enjoy the Ws and take the team for what it is.

Posts like this are why I've lobbied behind the scenes for an "amen" button. :)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Listen. I get what you are saying.

It is alway frustrating not to see the offense move. The last drive...hated it.

But talking about attacking the middle, when most of the defense was designed to take that away...

Good win for us GO CANEs

There is still room to work there, especially with Mallory and Jordan drawing bracket coverage and King moving defenders with any hint at running the ball.

This has been a theme not just this year, but years past. It’s the systems.

I really like Lashlee, but he has to grow as much as the players due. We have to find better ways to move the ball than PREDICTABLE inside zones and getting baited into killing drives with deep incompletions.

The inside zone is literally my favorite run play. No hate on it being a staple in this offense. With teams stacking against it we can use the run fake and rpo to get plays. We need more routes than just the slant though. The drive after Pope scored we went back to the rpo slant to soon and Tech jumped all over and nearly got a turnover.

It’s Lashlee is a lot like Richt. He feels like if he is gonna get 5 yards, he will run for it and when he throws he wants chunks unless it’s a screen. We have struggled to block for that philosophy though. We are more consistent when we are patient, use the short pass to stay ahead of the chains and keep the defense honest in run defense. Those short passes are our friend. The more we emphasize them, the more we score.

There’s room for improvement but it’s better than where we’ve been. More OL and WR talent will help as well.

I’m at the point again where I just want us to do at least what we need to in order to keep the class and build with more talent. This team lost to you know who last year. This year we win those games. That’s about what the improvement is - King, Borregales- sure, that’s huge.

Next year we step up a bit more with more talent coming in and development (hopefully) and experience along with some defensive staff changes. I’ve resigned myself to accept incremental improvement if we’re legit improving each year.

The OL underperformed, but why not roll the pocket instead of the constant straight drop back. We've had this achilles heel all season and it needs to get corrected.

**** yes!!

been screaming at the TV for weeks on this.

cuz right now when DK has to scramble to pass it almost ALWAYS incomplete or a no-gain play.

why NOT roll the pocket?

Advertisement
He just had a rough game.... We have seen him call several great games. He's a quality OC who is constantly trying to learn and Grow. He will get better each season. I would base my entire offense around King as well. He's our only true playmaker. We don't have the OL to allow our RBs to become playmakers.

He's got a one dimensional playbook:

1) run up the middle for no gain

2) a total dependence on King to make all the plays

The King sweep run to try for game clinching 1st down was the STUPIDEST CALL I'VE SEEN SINCE PENOS...

VT D was crashing on us ALLL GAME and that was your best call to ice the game with???

I think i ****** hate Lashelle now
Is this thread going any better than your game prediction thread?

Advertisement
OP sucks.jpg

I'M proud of our team that being said , with all what's going on with covid . I'll take this win, why always dissect our CANES in a negative way. One game at a time attitude.

Lashlee a mixed bag today. But anyone that thinks you can game plan around your two guards that literally whiff on blocks on 3rd down are sadly mistaken.

Advertisement
Back