Sorry...but Lashlee ain't all that....

I certainly wouldn't call his playbook "one dimensional." Maybe the run game is one dimensional, but not the offense as a whole.

Lashlee is the best OC we've had here in the past 20 years, by far.

Let's also not forget we were down starters on an already bad OL, 51 should be playing D-III, and Wiggins dropped an easy TD.

There is always room for improvement, but the OP feels like armchair quarterbacking.

Disagree....

DK is the best QB we've had in 20yrs...

He would have succeed with a multitude of OC's that's been here...

Advertisement
He was extremely hamstrung today by an offensive line that was giving King about two nanoseconds to pass. That being said I agree with you on that last call. We needed five yards to win the game and that was horrible.
The OL underperformed, but why not roll the pocket instead of the constant straight drop back. We've had this achilles heel all season and it needs to get corrected.

Really? Where do you coach? STFU we won

Watch the game and quit being a ho.

I am happy as anyone we won, but the play calling got us behind the gun early and almost put us down too far to comeback.

There were series with good calls that had trash execution. Remember the one where Wiggins dropped the big gain on 1st down, no gain on 2nd, and Jarrid got whipped and gave up the sack on 3rd.

Running up the middle on 2nd &10 after getting stuffed on 1st is AWFUL play calling outside of running the clock. The throw back to Nelson? Yuck. How many incompletions did we have deep down the sideline? How many big plays did we get throwing toward the middle? Pope broke the game open with one.

He has shown to be both brilliant in play selection and retarded during this season. It goes way beyond whether a play worked or not.

If we get better coaching, we will have more discipline and better execution, leading to more convincing wins over better teams.

Disagree....

DK is the best QB we've had in 20yrs...

He would have succeed with a multitude of OC's that's been here...
King is great, but if you want to cheerlead for King while you knock Lashlee, I would point out that we had one-on-one matchups on the outside all day due to Lashlee's scheming, but either King missed them (badly) or our WRs can't win 50/50 balls.

If you hit those passes even 50% of the time, it opens up the rest of the offense. Because we can't, and because we have a horrible interior OL, teams are just blitzing straight up the middle, and King has nowhere to go. I don't blame Lashlee for that.

Advertisement
He's got a one dimensional playbook:

1) run up the middle for no gain

2) a total dependence on King to make all the plays

The King sweep run to try for game clinching 1st down was the STUPIDEST CALL I'VE SEEN SINCE PENOS...

VT D was crashing on us ALLL GAME and that was your best call to ice the game with???

I think i ****** hate Lashelle now
Go be a Nole fan you’re a joke

He’s good enough.
And hopefully, as the talent along the line and at WR gets better, his shortcomings are less glaring.
When Scaife might as well be a ghost, and the WRs can’t make tough catches and drop passes that would go to the house, the weaknesses in his play calling stick out more than they should.

King is great, but if you want to cheerlead for King while you knock Lashlee, I would point out that we had one-on-one matchups on the outside all day due to Lashlee's scheming, but either King missed them (badly) or our WRs can't win 50/50 balls.

If you hit those passes even 50% of the time, it opens up the rest of the offense. Because we can't, and because we have a horrible interior OL, teams are just blitzing straight up the middle, and King has nowhere to go. I don't blame Lashlee for that.

My beef is that our downfield passing has been a known weakness for a few years now. But we continue to heave up incompletions.

Our best passing plays are happening around mostly from the hashes in. We do ok short and intermediate to the sideline but we go there too much, ignoring great matchups with the backs and tight ends that make us more efficient and explosive.

The receivers do better with shorter easier catches, too.

What you got no ability to analyze the games other than calling people trolls?

Lame...

D90C5736-4AE5-433C-8E74-8662B5A89E37.gif

Advertisement
My beef is that our downfield passing has been a known weakness for a few years now. But we continue to heave up incompletions.

Our best passing plays are happening around mostly from the hashes in. We do ok short and intermediate to the sideline but we go there too much, ignoring great matchups with the backs and tight ends that make us more efficient and explosive.

The receivers do better with shorter easier catches, too.
Agreed, but you have to take what the defense gives you. And you have to keep them honest.

Miami starting WRs should beat 3rd string VT CBs 100% of the time. I watch stud WRs every Saturday, in every conference. We don't have one. It hamstrings us on offense.

Lashlee is a curious case. On one hand you can say his play calling is predictable and one dimensional. But so was Richt and Enos, unlike them Lashlee has our offense at 34.4 ppg and top 40 in nearly every important statistical metric for team offense, and that’s with our current group of receivers and offensive linemen. This leads me to believe that Lashlee would thrive with better personnel. I.E better offensive lineman and dynamic receivers would dictate his playcalling. He has some questionable calls but it seems like he’s working with what he’s got. Funny tho how after FSU game many people thought Lashlee would not see year 2 and would get a coaching gig instead.

Advertisement
I understand you guys are frustrated but Lashlee is good. You got to understand this is the first year we have ran the Spread in Program history. We weren’t planning to make it to the national title but we gotta win to bring in the recruits on offense. The only downside I see to this is Manny’s Defense and Bakers position. Manny needs to seriously go a different route with the defense and keeps his hands off of it.

Watch the game and quit being a ho.

I am happy as anyone we won, but the play calling got us behind the gun early and almost put us down too far to comeback.

There were series with good calls that had trash execution. Remember the one where Wiggins dropped the big gain on 1st down, no gain on 2nd, and Jarrid got whipped and gave up the sack on 3rd.

Running up the middle on 2nd &10 after getting stuffed on 1st is AWFUL play calling outside of running the clock. The throw back to Nelson? Yuck. How many incompletions did we have deep down the sideline? How many big plays did we get throwing toward the middle? Pope broke the game open with one.

He has shown to be both brilliant in play selection and retarded during this season. It goes way beyond whether a play worked or not.

If we get better coaching, we will have more discipline and better execution, leading to more convincing wins over better teams.
Listen. I get what you are saying.

It is alway frustrating not to see the offense move. The last drive...hated it.

But talking about attacking the middle, when most of the defense was designed to take that away...

Good win for us GO CANEs

Advertisement
Our offense is markedly improved from last year. Overall it's still an undisciplined and sometimes slow unit, but it's also his first year here so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Our WR corps has improved throughout the past few weeks and the running game was back again today, both promising signs.

Advertisement
Back