Sorry...but Lashlee ain't all that....

Is Lashlee elite? Nah I don't think so - too stubborn and gets a bit predictable at times.

Is he better than anything we've had this decade? Absolutely, hands down. He's a good OC that's a bit handicapped with certain personnel.

Next season will be more of an audition as he (presumably) will have a full spring season to implement more concepts and have an influx of talent; however there's a few things he refuses to do which boggle my mind.

1. Where are the two-tight end formations? 5 combined targets today was pretty pathetic - what's the point of having a dual-headed monster if you're not going to use them? He loved his TE's at SMU, and yet when we finally get Mallory and Brevin healthy, we not only neglect them for the most part, but don't even have them on the field at the same time to create mismatches OR to help out with o line protection on blitzes.

2. Stop with the designed QB runs that are beyond obvious; if I can tell from my TV that it's coming, it's not going to work. King is better suited to scramble moreso than run on a designed keeper, let's work around that.

Advertisement
i dont know this for a fact, but i would imagine the head coach tells him whether to be aggressive and try to get the first down, or play it safe and depend on the D. football is a game of aggression, if you lose the aggression you usually lose the game. i would have thrown the ball on 3 and 5 to ice the game.
they needed to throw on one of the downs to ice the game. the last 2 possessions were awful. the offense was off all game is general. Coming into the game if you would have told me VT had 24 pts, I would have said we won by 2 TDs. We didn't do anything vertically and we had no answer to their blitz all game. Disappointing by the offense today. So I guess we are firing the OC this week?

I was 50/50 on that. I know running is the "right call," but also knew we had very little chance of picking that up on the ground. I might have tried a high % pass.

It’s situational. Running is the right call if it keeps the clock moving. They had the TO though so they were gonna use it. Getting the ball with 2 minutes left is almost always more than enough to get in fg range and kick to win without needing a TO. If you get the first on the pass you essentially seal it. Difference between playing not to lose and playing to win.

Advertisement
It’s situational. Running is the right call if it keeps the clock moving. They had the TO though so they were gonna use it. Getting the ball with 2 minutes left is almost always more than enough to get in fg range and kick to win without needing a TO. If you get the first on the pass you essentially seal it. Difference between playing not to lose and playing to win.
Exactly! It was playing not to lose instead of playing to win, giving them the ball back with plenty of time to get into field goal range. A simple waggle pass/QB keep option to the TE. The biggest thing was playing not to lose. We got away with it this time, but we can't count on it next time.

He definately needs in the off season to go meet with some offensive guys/coaches to develop more run game concepts...cuz woosh.

This is that Malzahn cloud of dust in the run game all the way

Advertisement
TrumpyCane has read some of your posts and would love some of the weed you’re smoking
Obviously alot of people in here don't understand or know football, butch davis would've cussed rhett out, how do we end up with the ball twice with under 7mins to play and still leave V-Tech with at least around 2mins to drive for the game winning fieldgoals, **** poor play-calling, had we lost it would've been all on coaching, point blank. Luckily we don't play Liberty this year, somehow they ended up with 38, hugh freeze obviously knows WTF he's doing.

In the meantime rhett lashlee kept putting the offensive players at a disadvantage with these obvious passing formations than trying to run for 3rd & 5 with King was pathetic, why not run that on 1st down. It's moronic to have a 1 point lead and not run the ball on at least the 1st 2 plays, 3rd and 5 and that's the only answer he got, obviously these new football watchers don't understand football. Than we go on defense with the obvious blitzes, instead of playing press man when we had them inside the 5yrd line, we go back to zone blitzing (from the blind-side)but running a zone on the strong side which is *** backwards, just like the 4th & 17, 1st pass goes for bout the same amount of yards, why not flush em to his left, both coordinators would be a lot better with better grooming.

They both continue to do un-necessary **** game in an game out, football is not that complicated, ****'s just don't understand a whole lot, this is why our linebackers have been none existent and out their just jogging around. They can only teach what they know, which is not much when it comes to linebacker play, if we really want to be an elite defense, just hire ray lewis to be the d-co, I'm real sure the linebacker play is making him sick to his stomach. What I don't like is when a player comes in and starts ballin than all of a sudden we here about the connection the older Canes have with that player, well now is the time, when we got the worst stretch of linebacking play I've seen at UM, where y'all at!

Advertisement
I was in Santiago in October and it started spiking again so I’m not certain if I am going to fly back just yet. I probably will in December.
I am trying to go in feb if you wanna link up, I’ll you know what’s up!!!

Exactly! It was playing not to lose instead of playing to win, giving them the ball back with plenty of time to get into field goal range. A simple waggle pass/QB keep option to the TE. The biggest thing was playing not to lose. We got away with it this time, but we can't count on it next time.
The way this generally goes is that you say something like this over and over again until it finally doesn't work and then show up to be like "HAHA I TOLD YOU SO, FIRE THE COACH" ignoring all of the times YOU were wrong.

It's irrational fandom 101.

Advertisement
He definately needs in the off season to go meet with some offensive guys/coaches to develop more run game concepts...cuz woosh.

said it before the season he is more of a Malzahn guy then a Dykes air raid.

he is showing his true colors and what he is comfortable with. He is still young and will OC tie to grow as an OC hopefully as we get more weapons/better o-line

You’re a smart man. What kind of run concepts work with this group of OL?

we don’t get push, we don’t have graders up the middle, the tackles might be able to reach block but can our interior OL? We do t have many dudes up front that can do much. I’d almost argue our best rushing attack we could deploy with this OL is the triple option

The way this generally goes is that you say something like this over and over again until it finally doesn't work and then show up to be like "HAHA I TOLD YOU SO, FIRE THE COACH" ignoring all of the times YOU were wrong.

It's irrational fandom 101.
Thanks, man! I needed that!! Hilarious!! I really hope you believe this crap. It's just eating you alive.

He's got a one dimensional playbook:

1) run up the middle for no gain

2) a total dependence on King to make all the plays

The King sweep run to try for game clinching 1st down was the STUPIDEST CALL I'VE SEEN SINCE PENOS...

VT D was crashing on us ALLL GAME and that was your best call to ice the game with???

I think i ****** hate Lashelle now
U Mad Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back