Sorry...but Lashlee ain't all that....

How do you explain your takes other than a prior lobotomy?

Bro you’re doing great job of trolling me....

thanks for the attention- I love it
1605556016465.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
My hot take is that Lashlee is not as great as people say he is. Meaning if he does leave I do not think we will have that much of a drop off as long as we bring in other high tempo candidates with similar concepts.

That being said, I am glad he is here.
He is an upgrade from what we have had in the past and he seems like he is an old school type of personality that does not take much crap from his players and demonstratively keeps them focused.

My hot take is that Lashlee is not as great as people say he is. Meaning if he does leave I do not think we will have that much of a drop off as long as we bring in other high tempo candidates with similar concepts.

That being said, I am glad he is here.
He is an upgrade from what we have had in the past and he seems like he is an old school type of personality that does not take much crap from his players and demonstratively keeps them focused.

Lashlee and King leave and yall gone be crying to have them come back. Go watch tape of rosier and richt and enos and jarren trying to score 21 points.

Lashlee and King leave and yall gone be crying to have them come back. Go watch tape of rosier and richt and enos and jarren trying to score 21 points.
Let's not go crazy here.

If he leaves and we do not hire a good OC as his replacement then I will be a bit bummed BUT let's not make it seem he is the only coach in the country who runs up tempo and spread concepts.

Let's not go crazy here.

If he leaves and we do not hire a good OC as his replacement then I will be a bit bummed BUT let's not make it seem he is the only coach in the country who runs up tempo and spread concepts.

So who you bringing in on that salary? Give 3 names.

Advertisement
So who you bringing in on that salary? Give 3 names.
It is not my job to bring in coaches or make a list of candidates. That is for the Athletic department to decide and Manny.

My argument is not that there are guys better than him available at his salary. My argument is I think they can find someone and there won't be that much of a drop off as some people around here think.

He's got a one dimensional playbook:

1) run up the middle for no gain

2) a total dependence on King to make all the plays

The King sweep run to try for game clinching 1st down was the STUPIDEST CALL I'VE SEEN SINCE PENOS...

VT D was crashing on us ALLL GAME and that was your best call to ice the game with???

I think i ****** hate Lashelle now
Dude, the only difference between this team and last year is Lashlee and King. They have to scheme to beat teams. Only King can improvise because of talent. I completely disagree with you.

It is not my job to bring in coaches or make a list of candidates. That is for the Athletic department to decide and Manny.

My argument is not that there are guys better than him available at his salary. My argument is I think they can find someone and there won't be that much of a drop off as some people around here think.
so basically you don’t have anybody got it

Advertisement
When was the last time we scored 44 points in order to beat an opponent who scored 41?

When was the last time we scored 52 against a hated Rival?

I’ll wait.

When was the last time we scored 44 points in order to beat an opponent who scored 41?

When was the last time we scored 52 against a hated Rival?

I’ll wait.
Offense looks great one week and pretty bad the next.

Advertisement
Honestly, I think it was our coaches saying “VT isn’t going to be able to move the ball downfield enough to kick a field goal with no timeouts with limited time. They’re not a big play offense. I don’t 100% agree with the call but I’m not going to sit and nitpick every play call over the course of the season. I said there were quite a few I didn’t agree with including some over conservative ones. I still generally think he’s done a really good job despite my occasional play call gripes.
If that call had cost us the game your opinion would have changed. That was a terrible call with plenty of time left for tech to get in fg position. Secondly we are lucky Fuentes has less plays in his book than Lashlee. Maybe 5 plays.. literally

We are going through a ruff year with covid and he just got here. He's been here one YR. Think about it , so far he's doing good in my opinion. Coach Lashlee is doing his best of what he's got.

Advertisement
If that call had cost us the game your opinion would have changed. That was a terrible call with plenty of time left for tech to get in fg position. Secondly we are lucky Fuentes has less plays in his book than Lashlee. Maybe 5 plays.. literally
Of course but it works both ways. If they throw a pass and it's incomplete, tech doesn't burn their last timeout. Now they have plenty of time to move the ball into field goal range and they can use the middle of the field since they can call a timeout to get their field goal unit on the field. You have to know your opponent's offensive capabilities. VT being a run first team that doesn't make a lot of big plays through the air has a slim chance of moving the ball into field goal range and getting the kicking team set up in the time remaining with no time outs. Especially since the defense had totally shut them down in the fourth quarter.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I personally would have called a pass because I trust King not to turn the ball over. I tell him to take the sack or scramble rather than throw it away if the quick pass isn't available.

Of course but it works both ways. If they throw a pass and it's incomplete, tech doesn't burn their last timeout. Now they have plenty of time to move the ball into field goal range and they can use the middle of the field since they can call a timeout to get their field goal unit on the field. You have to know your opponent's offensive capabilities. VT being a run first team that doesn't make a lot of big plays through the air has a slim chance of moving the ball into field goal range and getting the kicking team set up in the time remaining with no time outs. Especially since the defense had totally shut them down in the fourth quarter.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I personally would have called a pass because I trust King not to turn the ball over. I tell him to take the sack or scramble rather than throw it away if the quick pass isn't available.

Clemson, with all their coaching prowess, did the exact same thing against BC and ND late. One time it worked out, one time it didn't.

For the second straight week Manny trusted his defense and it came through both times. Second guessing success is a fools game.

Clemson, with all their coaching prowess, did the exact same thing against BC and ND late. One time it worked out, one time it didn't.

For the second straight week Manny trusted his defense and it came through both times. Second guessing success is a fools game.
Yeah, I’m not going to sit on my sofa and say one way or the other is the right decision. I’m just saying there are times where being aggressive is the right choice and sometimes playing it safe is the option. Given that Miami had held VT to about 12 yards in the fourth quarter and Lou Hedley was setting a school record for best punting average in a game, forcing tech to burn their timeouts and pinning them deep wasn’t a terrible choice.

Advertisement
Back