Sophomore year WR Slump

Aldarius Johnson

Stacy Coley

the list goes on and on of Freshmen phenoms who disappeared in their sophomore season.

Can Ahmmon Richards avoid this?

Definitely another troll.

His handle isn't SuperMegaUltimateCanesFan, but his too cute "ghetto" name is a tipoff.

That, and the list that "goes on and on" with two names on it.

Advertisement
We better hope that AR doesn't have a Sophomore Slump.

Of the 261 Completions that Kaaya threw last year only 125 went to returning receiver's or backs.

• Ahmon Richards 49 catches 934 yds 19 Avg
  • Christopher Herndon 28 catches 334 yds 12 Avg
  • Mark Walton 27 catches 240 yds 9 Avg
  • Braxton Berrios 12 catches? 178 yds 15 Avg
  • Dayall Harris 9 catches 90 yds 10 Avg

That's 141 catches & almost 1800 yards that have to be replaces or exceeded by either existing players? or Freshman..

And on top of that, the QB is going to be either Rosier (57 career passes) or a QB that's never thrown a pass in a college game.

Also a scary thought, is our backup RB's have all of 7 carries in their college career, & the backup TE's have 0 catches.

Advertisement
AFT--Another Failed Troll.

The list goes on and on, yet he mentioned one viable WR. Both of the guys he mentioned played for the worst HC in UM history. I'm convinced. Richards shyts the bed huge this year.

Lazy Face is in the Hall of Lazy

We certainly can't afford him to be anything less than dominant. He will face a lot more attention and double teams this year.

The only way I could see this happening (other than injury) is if the rest of the WR corp does not step up and the opposing defense can heavily key on Richards. That being said, there is just too much talent in that group for that to happen.

Advertisement

Of the 261 Completions that Kaaya threw last year only 125 went to returning receiver's or backs.

That's 141 catches & almost 1800 yards that have to be replaces or exceeded by either existing players? or Freshman..

And on top of that, the QB is going to be either Rosier (57 career passes) or a QB that's never thrown a pass in a college game.

Also a scary thought, is our backup RB's have all of 7 carries in their college career, & the backup TE's have 0 catches.

If you scared go to church....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** you

Advertisement
I can see a deceptive slump in numbers because the ball is going to other weapons along with double teams he may attract.
But I think we should expect Richards to look even better this year than he did last year.

No slump for AR, if anything I'd say he'll have a similar year if Perry's playing. Then absolutely blow up his third year

Advertisement

So? We have some pretty **** good WRs ready to step in and play this year.

FSU loses 85% of the receiving production, I'm not seeing their posters being scared.

Replacing talent is how college football works

So? We have some pretty **** good WRs ready to step in and play this year.

FSU loses 85% of the receiving production, I'm not seeing their posters being scared.

Replacing talent is how college football works

Exactly. Coley and Njoku represented the vast majority of the production and both are NFL bound, the later a first rounder. That doesn't mean Herndon, Cager, et al won't step up. Just use your eyes and you'll see Richards has enough talent around him that if draws double coverage, Richt has multiple options to exploit the defense. A QB that's not a statue will also help.

I love Stacy and I know he had his injury problems, but Ahmmon always comes to work with a sense of urgency which is often rare for a young guy. He'll be keyed on more now that he's the clear cut #1 , but I don't expect much of a drop if at all.

Yessir. Except this year there's Thomas, Dallas, Harley, and Cager. Seriously, double AR then leave Jeff with legit 4.3 laser timed speed in single coverage? Let's hope FSU decides to do that in week 3. My bunghole quivers picturing McFadden's hyped up butt getting turnt up by a true frosh at Doak in prime time.

Advertisement
Back