Sophomore year WR Slump

Advertisement
You could also mention LaRon Byrd, Leonard Hankerson in the 'sophmore jinx' conversation.

Hankerson in particular, drove me god**** dropped balls that were sent to his numbers. Duper was able to work with him, and ended up setting records with Jacory Harris as QB.

This feels a bit different.

I say it once, I'll say it again: if the oline shows up to play, the qb and wrs will only have to be good enough; not outstanding.

Let Walton set up the easy pass.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Amari Cooper & Calvin Ridley had sophomore slumps as well. I honestly expect it to happen to Richards. I think Thomas & Cager can step up

Advertisement
Amari Cooper & Calvin Ridley had sophomore slumps as well. I honestly expect it to happen to Richards. I think Thomas & Cager can step up

Cooper played in 2 less games his sophomore year than his freshman year, and had 14 less catches, so......

Sophmore slump? What about those disastrous, cataclysmic, apocalyptic, junior year meltdowns? Take Michael Irvin for example:

1985: 46 catches for 840 yards and 9 TD.
1986: 53 catches for 868 yards and 11 TD.
1987: 44 catches for 715 yards and 6 TD.

Oh no, the sky is falling! What if AR-15 has the dreaded sophomore slump and then proceeds to have the aforementioned disastrous, cataclysmic, apocalyptic, junior year meltdown?

SMH so much, I'm doing a Linda Blair...

Cooper played in 2 less games his sophomore year than his freshman year, and had 14 less catches, so......

Cooper scored 11 TD's fresh yr.
Soph yr. he scored only 4. Big drop off.

Richards is working with a new QB, probably a FRESHMAN QB at that.... Look at Ridley with Hurts last year. Just sayin.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooper scored 11 TD's fresh yr.
Soph yr. he scored only 4. Big drop off.

Richards is working with a new QB, probably a FRESHMAN QB at that.... Look at Ridley with Hurts last year. Just sayin.....

Hurts not on N'Kosi level as a qb.... regardless the only two ways I can see Ahmmon Richards having a "slump" would be bc the other weapons on offense are going to be making a lot of plays as well, or he gets hurt.

Advertisement
Y'all think N'Kosi Perry is better than Jalen Hurts? Wow. What evidence do you have to show for this?

Y'all think N'Kosi Perry is better than Jalen Hurts? Wow. What evidence do you have to show for this?

Hurts was a trash QB last year. Good athlete and runner, trash passer.

That might be the same narrative for Perry. He wasn't as highly rated as Hurts coming out.

Hurts was rated 184 overall on the 247 composite
Perry was rated 193 overall on the 247 composite(espn had him #86 overall- only site that had him as a high 3 star was 247 which hurt his ranking.)

Advertisement

That might be the same narrative for Perry. He wasn't as highly rated as Hurts coming out.

Perry was rated 193 overall on the 247 composite(espn had him #86 overall- only site that had him as a high 3 star was 247 which hurt his ranking.)

No elite 11 competition for Perry either. Hurts was an Elite 11 guy. I gotta see it to believe it.

I was the 1st one on here to say Kaaya wasn't clutch and had to beat FSU to be great...

No elite 11 competition for Perry either. Hurts was an Elite 11 guy. I gotta see it to believe it.

I was the 1st one on here to say Kaaya wasn't clutch and had to beat FSU to be great...

Elite 11 don't mean sh*t, you know how many bust have come out of that group over the past couple of years? Only a few has been good like Watson and kaaya and a couple others

Advertisement

Elite 11 don't mean sh*t

Teddy Bridgewater was Elite 11 guy, so was Andrew Luck & Matt Stafford...

Elite 11 don't mean sh*t

Over the last few years. They was in the camp over 5-6 years. Reading is key.....

Elite 11 don't mean sh*t

So were Jake Heaps and Kevin Olsen...

Advertisement
Back