Sony Michel

He was the greatest thing ever coming out of s fla?? If i remember i could be wrong though

This isn't a good argument. Lots of people had their questions about Sony. Regardless, gloating that a guy who'd be right in the mix on our depth chart is buried on another program's depth chart is supporting what point, exactly?

This isn’t a good argument either. Anyone would be behind Nick Chubb in the country so i’m not sure it’s necessarily a bad look on us. Michel would be behind Walton and neck and neck with Yearby in my opinion (at least after walton shows himself). I think OP just meant it was funny that everyone though he would dominate and now he went to a situation where he’s not going to get any PT

I have no idea what you think my argument is, but I disagree that Sony would automatically be behind Walton.

fair enough

Advertisement
Sony is a good back. Not Bo Jackson and by Senior year people were not as high on him as the Hype he had created in 10th grade. Still we would have taken him but he got out. Wish the kid the best.

He isn't the type of back UGA tends to use, Moreno, Gurley, Chubb, but he does provide the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. I see him more of a third and long back.

Advertisement
Sony has peaked and will never start at UGA. He only beat out chubs last year because he was more prepared for the college game due to the where he went to high school and the competition he played against. Chubb is faster, runs with more authority, more durable and has better vision. Sony would be starting for us though.

Hasn't he already started at UGA?

So 120 yards from scrimmage, averaged 15 yards a touch and scored a TD.

******* bum.

Gotta respect Sony's decision to battle competition but Sony would be starting this year if he came to UM...IMO it was a mistake on his part. Collins and Cook wanted to start from day one so they went elsewhere since they knew Duke would be the (small back) starter as long as he was on the team.

Advertisement
If you are thinking Michel is a "bust" because he is currently 3rd string on UGA's depth chart than you are delusional. Nick Chubb is a man child and Marshall is very quick and explosive as a RB. Like a poster stated earlier, Michel would start over Yearby and Walton as a Sophomore if he was at UM.

The fact we missed on Michel should not be mistaken with him being a "bust".

******* bum.

I believe 79 of that was a reception. He isn't the type of back UGA prefers and by the time Chubb leaves UGA will have another big back like Chubb to replace him. Sony has his place on a football team but he isn't physical enough to be a starter at UGA. Sony will catch balls out of the backfield and he does that very well. UGA just typically goes with a different style RB. I think Sony was a bit overrated but he is still a very good back and would be our starter.

Advertisement
Just because he's third string in UGA's loaded backfield, doesn't mean he wouldn't be first string at Miami.

“Going by percentages, it’s hard to say but Nick (Chubb) would get the most. Sony (Michel) would probably get the next most,” Richt said. “I would say probably Keith (Marshall) and Brendan (Douglas) both have played very well and both have probably earned the right to be that third guy.”

******* bum.

I believe 79 of that was a reception. He isn't the type of back UGA prefers and by the time Chubb leaves UGA will have another big back like Chubb to replace him. Sony has his place on a football team but he isn't physical enough to be a starter at UGA. Sony will catch balls out of the backfield and he does that very well. UGA just typically goes with a different style RB. I think Sony was a bit overrated but he is still a very good back and would be our starter.

It was 2 receptions for 79 and even then, the well one of those carries/receptions was for most of those yards logic is dumb.

Advertisement
I don't understand the OP's point.
It not as if the staff decided not to recruit him and him not starting proves them correct.
They very much wanted him and recruited him. They just failed to land him.

Advertisement
Back