Sony 4:30 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I know Sony is a great talent but let's not lose sight of the fact that we are talking about a running back. When was the last team to win a nc or Super Bowl because of an elite Rb. Rb might be the easiest position on the field to find a player. Running the ball is about mindset. Look at if. Gillislie is average but was able to have a good year because they were committed to the run. I wanted Sony because u r always better off with as much talent as possible but to me losing a running back isn't a big deal. Not to mention duke is here for atleast two more years and for the scouting geniuses on the board who swear it is so obvious that Michel is better than yearby the guys that do it for a living think the gap is marginal at best. Good luck to the kid.

Advertisement
I remember so many people pulling for Sony for years on several Canes sites when he got injured. Another guy mentioned it and he was dead on: Duke's tweet about the dream school applies here; can't say we have the worst fanbase when it came to Sony. We pulled for him and he so far has chosen to go elsewhere. Ain't on us.

don't worry, he is a Cane at heart!

:diaf:

I don't think so. My take on this is that there has developed a strong realationship between Sony and Mark Richt based to a large degree on their shared Christian faith. This is as strong as it gets. I don't want to hear this crap from the high schoolers on this board making lite of this reality. Mark Richt is a quality human being. I remember his role at the U when he committed he helped recruit possibly the class that put Miami on the map. Personally I am a big fan of Mark and resent the flipant remarks about money etc. He would have no part of that. Let's move on and press for Cook and others. If Sony's Miami ties emerge as a factor so be it but I for one think there's a solid chance that he will stick with Richt. By the way there are few that have been a Cane fan as long as I have.

LAFF. What planet are you living on buddy? Richt doesnt have to have anything to do with the money. The boosters take care of that, but if you dont think he knows what is going on you are a **** fool. I know with pretty good certainty that UGA bought Matthew Stafford. I actually ended up watching a UGA game with a huge UGA booster one day at a Delta lounge, dude was hammered as f*ck, and pretty much told me they had bought Stafford. Said they had to do what they had to do because Bama and LSU were shameless, and the only way to compete in the SEC was to play the game. You are DELUSIONAL if you dont think every coach in the SEC knows the score and what's going on.

No offense but you are DEAD wrong about Stafford. He is from arguably one of the wealthiest cities in America. He went to my high school and his parents are wealthy as well. His GF went to UGA at the time and was a year older than him. One of the main reasons he went there

LOL, so what if his family has money? People with money are going to turn down more money? Dude flat out said they did whatever they had to do to get him to UGA, and it wasnt cheap. This dude was the real deal too. He had pictures of him and Richt with Stafford playing golf, dude had some serious $$$, and he wasnt some kid, old time Good old boy. This guy wasnt some dipsh*t fan.

Fair enough but I am just saying it is highly unlikely he was paid. Maybe a few handouts like EVERY school does but he wasnt a Cam Newton situation.

Advertisement
I dont know d*ck about Stafford, where he grew up, or played, or anything else. I just know what this dude told me. And this wasnt some two bit dipsh*t. This dude was LOADED. And he was obviously tight with the program in a big way. He also had pictures of him and Richt at the dude's house on Sea Island. I didnt ask him exactly what he meant, but it was pretty clear he was saying a significant amount of money had been spent to ensure Stafford was at UGA. He also said "the kid better be worth it, but if he isnt were getting the next best HS QB to come in right behind him, and that wont be cheap either". Have no idea who he was referring to. What I remember was that Stafford was a Frosh, and the other UGA QB had gotten hurt, and that is what started him bragging about Stafford and how he had helped bring in the "best QB in the nation". F*CK he even made a call and was yelling to some dude on the phone exactly what he told me, "if this kid doesnt get it done, we need to make sure we get the next one ready to go" talking about whatever QB they were trying to bring in.

Advertisement
Rings a bell. I remember when he committed early to Georgia, he talked about his love for UGA from growing up there. Obviously it had an $ome sort of impact on him. :)

I apologize for the laziness, but could somebody please summarize for me why it seems to be a soft consensus here that UGA is giving Sony money? I really don't want to read through 53 pages.

Rings a bell. I remember when he committed early to Georgia, he talked about his love for UGA from growing up there. Obviously it had an $ome sort of impact on him. :)

153.jpg

That is stafford and Kershaw at age 7 in Dallas. We are splitting hairs lol

Advertisement
I apologize for the laziness, but could somebody please summarize for me why it seems to be a soft consensus here that UGA is giving Sony money? I really don't want to read through 53 pages.

Because the ************ has been claiming to be this big time Canes fan since the 8th ******* grade, and now he's going to UGA and claiming the reason is that they already have Marshall and Gurley. In other words, he got paid.

**** maybe they moved his GF out there and paid her way to school. I dont know but my sense was when this dude said "not cheap" he wasnt talking about a couple of hundred bucks for the kid to party.

Advertisement
How does dude go from All Miami, decked out in Canes gear to attending all the games just to drop us for UGA? Wierd.

Yeah, it's an easy cop-out to always say 'XYZ is getting paid."

But it's also incredibly naive( or plain stupid) to state that none of that stuff happens.

Do I think this current staff is perfect? No. But nobody is. But I think they are incredibly competent( especially in comparison to what UM has had the past decade or so previous) in terms of recruiting. To paraphrase the great urban poet, Tupac, 'Golden has made miracle every Thanskgiving' as far as Im concerned considering the muck he's had to deal with since he stepped into this job

And do I give him the benefit of the doubt compared to Coker and Shannon, **** yeah, those two guys didn't have nearly the handicaps that Alfred James Golden has had to contend with( outside of being their incompetent selves). As Golden says, trust the process. I believe in this guy and his staff...

don't worry, he is a Cane at heart!

:diaf:

I don't think so. My take on this is that there has developed a strong realationship between Sony and Mark Richt based to a large degree on their shared Christian faith. This is as strong as it gets. I don't want to hear this crap from the high schoolers on this board making lite of this reality. Mark Richt is a quality human being. I remember his role at the U when he committed he helped recruit possibly the class that put Miami on the map. Personally I am a big fan of Mark and resent the flipant remarks about money etc. He would have no part of that. Let's move on and press for Cook and others. If Sony's Miami ties emerge as a factor so be it but I for one think there's a solid chance that he will stick with Richt. By the way there are few that have been a Cane fan as long as I have.

Good. itll make it all that funnier when richt gets **** canned this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back