Sony 4:30 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So he is a 205 lb under 6 ft WR who missed half his games last year and doesn't score TDs. Which high school coach/guy from the streets said he was legit?

Advertisement
So he is a 205 lb under 6 ft WR who missed half his games last year doesn't score TDs. Which high school coach/guy from the streets said he was legit?

So he's not good because he missed games because of injury?

So not to diminish Son'y abilities or anything, because I love him just as much as anyone else, getting this worked up over a running back is borderline at best. Was talking with my buddy earlier and did a little looking back. Here are the Top 5 backs according to Rivals for each year from 2002-2010 (still too early to judge anything after that). There are obviously some major studs on this list, but keep in mind that every one of these kids I'm about to list was considered "can't miss".

Lorenzo Booker
Ciatrick Faison
Leon Washington
Gerald Riggs Jr
Michael Johnson

Reggie Bush
Kregg Lumpkin
Demetris Summers
Tyrone Moss
Darrell Blackman

Adrian Peterson
Marchawn Lynch
Thomas Brown
Bobby Washington
Charlie Jones

Jon Stewart
Marlon Lucky
Jason Gwaltney
Kevin Grady
Antone Slippers Smith

Beanie Wells
CJ Spiller
Allen Bradford
Stafon Johnson
Mike Goodson

Joe McKnight
Noel Devine
Marc Tyler
Enrique Davis
John Clay

Darrell Scott
Jermie Calhoun
Ryan Williams
Desean Hales
Jonas Gray

Bryce ****ing Brown
Trent Richardson
Christine Michael
David Wilson
Jamaal Berry

MArcus Lattimore
Mike Dyer
Dillon Baxter
Lache Seastrunk
Silas Redd

Yes, missing Sony would suck. Maybe he becomes Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson. I tend to think he might, so maybe this is just a coping mechanism for a worst case scenario. But either way, statistically, this is an incredibly difficult position to predict, so maybe not getting him does not necessarily mean it is time to fold the program.

Like I said earlier you can find runningback everywhere that's why the go late in the drafts every year..

So he is a 205 lb under 6 ft WR who missed half his games last year doesn't score TDs. Which high school coach/guy from the streets said he was legit?

So he's not good because he missed games because of injury?

He isn't good because in the games he did play he did nothing.

Which WR on the roster is he playing in front of?

Waters?
Lewis?
Scott?
Hurns?
Dorsett?
Coley?
Healthy Lockhart?

You want the equivalent of a JC player who wouldn't crack the top 5?

At least say its because of Sony. Don't sell the he is good enough to play at Miami BS.

Last edited:
Duke Johnson
Alex Collins
Sony Michel
Dalvin Cook

Although I think DUke is the best of all of them... This just doesnt seem right it makes no sense, wev'e always lost a receiver a linebacker, a safety, but never a runnigng back. I think we can all vouch that Dalvin Cook and Sony along with Duke Johnson are three of the most talented running backs to come out of South Florida (Behind Frank Gore & Bobby Washington) WTF is going on!!!!

Advertisement
Marken Michel. Class of 2011. Played for UMASS the last 2 seasons

He's actually legit and I've heard he's gotten huge. He was a late bloomer.

Should we offer him?

Yes

No.

He's better than a couple receivers on this team right now. Plus it guarantees Sony.

If it guarantees sony, **** it, offer him, but maybe we don't need too...
/ wishful thinking

Sony has been set on UGA for a while now, it really has nothing to do with his brother. Even if his brother goes UGA it will just be to sweeten the deal & secure him but I doubt he transfers there that's just smoke.

Duke Johnson
Alex Collins
Sony Michel
Dalvin Cook

Although I think DUke is the best of all of them... This just doesnt seem right it makes no sense, wev'e always lost a receiver a linebacker, a safety, but never a runnigng back. I think we can all vouch that Dalvin Cook and Sony along with Duke Johnson are three of the most talented running backs to come out of South Florida (Behind Frank Gore & Bobby Washington) WTF is going on!!!!

Bobby, is that you?

Advertisement
Article from Umass on SOny's big brother

Michel's departure is shrouded in some mystery. The junior receiver's brother, Sony, is a five-star running back recruit out of Plantation, Fla. Rumors are circulating that there has been impermissible contact between Marken and potential suitors for Sony, to try to bring the duo in as a package.

Sony has been set on UGA for a while now, it really has nothing to do with his brother. Even if his brother goes UGA it will just be to sweeten the deal & secure him but I doubt he transfers there that's just smoke.

Miami:
-dream school
-home school
-need at position
-close to players and staff
-parents want him close to home
-coach is Mike Rumph.....

UGA:
-his brother is going

and you dont think it has anything to do with his brother...yeahhhhhh...ok buddy

Marken Michel. Class of 2011. Played for UMASS the last 2 seasons

He's actually legit and I've heard he's gotten huge. He was a late bloomer.

Should we offer him?

Yes

No.

He's better than a couple receivers on this team right now. Plus it guarantees Sony.

He may be better than Carter and Jones. That still doesn't crack the top 5. Sony is a running back from south Florida. There is always the next great one. We didn't do it for Keith Brown. Don't do it for Sony.

Advertisement
After reading that article it looks like OP knew what he was talking about

He may be better than Carter and Jones. That still doesn't crack the top 5. Sony is a running back from south Florida. There is always the next great one. We didn't do it for Keith Brown. Don't do it for Sony.

haaaaaa! Keith Brown???? we got some real ******* geniuses on this site

My cousin goes to umass and I have been to a couple of games I had not seen sony's brother stand out. Did he play last year. Honestly I really didn't focus on anybody but my cuz but they were terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back