something's up at hecht

Gotta applaud Cane Show aka Jagr. The guy has managed to situate himself as an insider after being banned under a couple other screen names and reappearing in October 2015 as Jagr.

People are so desperate from crumbs they're asking this dude questions, and he's delivering in the classic insider fashion. Priceless.

Good ole Queen, reinventing himself. Might be able to keep his new screen name a couple more weeks.

Pretty sure the original schtick was The Cane Show. Banned. Came back of Queen of Spuds. Banned. Now, he's an insider doing a number on these goofballs desperate for information.

Impressive, even if it's against this fanbase.

Advertisement
Sigh... Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Here comes Schiario Strongzinski as our new HC.

Patterson's reps seem to want to do a bunch of salary negotiation by phone without as much as an interview. That's why KF's people are skeptical. The true test will be if Patterson balks at an invitation to actually meet with Blake for an interview.

Sigh... Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Here comes Schiario Strongzinski as our new HC.

Patterson's reps seem to want to do a bunch of salary negotiation by phone without as much as an interview. That's why KF's people are skeptical. The true test will be if Patterson balks at an invitation to actually meet with Blake for an interview.

The key will be if Patterson's wife gets summoned to the Hecht.

LOL at interviewing Patterson. That's like a director making George Clooney audition for a part. If Patterson wants the job you give it to him. Get a deal signed and end the search.

Advertisement
There is no final four right now. It's more like a final ten. Some guys have interest but can't officially talk to Blake until their last regular season game.

Some coaches seasons wrapped up yesterday. Particularly some in the states of Texas and Washington. Could those two regions have some coaches who have interest in the job?

One in Texas isn't finished yet. No one in Washington. Are you thinking Leach? He hasn't even been mentioned.

In Washington, I was thinking Leach and Petersen. In Texas, I was thinking Briles and Patterson.

Leach, no interest from UM. Petersen is a northwest guy. Patterson is feigning interest, but KF doesn't buy it. Briles thinks he can win championships right where he is now. Herman is the Texas guy who is still on the radar.

Not sure why we'd even be interested but Petersen signed a 2 yr extension that takes him through 2020 like 48 hrs ago.

She wants to see Butch's trophy?

LOL at interviewing Patterson. That's like a director making George Clooney audition for a part. If Patterson wants the job you give it to him. Get a deal signed and end the search.

Seriously? You don't have any reservations about him being able to recruit Florida given that he's been in Texas for so long? I'll admit that I don't have a clue about their roster and too lazy to look it up but I'd find it hard to believe that his current TCU roster is made up of a significant amount of South Florida athletes.

They're displaying his Sugar Bowl trophy at the Hecht? That's nice.

Advertisement

This, no face to face needed the jobs should be his if he wants it!

Seriously? You don't have any reservations about him being able to recruit Florida given that he's been in Texas for so long? I'll admit that I don't have a clue about their roster and too lazy to look it up but I'd find it hard to believe that his current TCU roster is made up of a significant amount of South Florida athletes.

You'd be a total moron if Gary Patterson told you he wanted the job and you said, "Well, you need to come down to Coral Gables and interview like everyone else. You can come in after Mr. Trestman and Mr. Cristobal." Fck outta here. He tells you he wants the gig, then you work out the numbers and sign the contract.

That's at the Schwartz Center, right next to a photo of him boarding the 3am to Cleveland.

What's your connection to the BoT and what was it you were right about?

Not here to defend anybody but Jagr called the Sunday Al Golden was fired to a T.

Yup. I was going to say the same thing. I would like a hint on the connection. Weird he said Bielema too because I heard that name from rumors from a friend in grad school at UM, I didn't think that had any legs at all but...

Based on those rumors if 1 name also came up I'll lay out the others rumored through him.. They were Mora Jr (the rumor was this is Vinny's suggestion idk if there is any background connection to them or his dad or what), Mullen, Kliff K, Lane Kiffin, and Gary Patterson.

The rumor was that BJ threw out Strong and Bielema to KF and the names above were the ones thrown out by the rest of the search committee as their "main targets" that are currently employed elsewhere.

D$ brought up KK, and now Bielema, and Strong rumors have already came and gone, he may have been on to something

Your friend knows what's going on with the coaching search because he's in grad school at UM? Sounds legit.

You guys do realize there are a bunch of Canes message boards, and that anyone can come on here with stuff they read on the other boards and post it here to make themselves look like they are dialed in don't you? You guys are why Ponzi schemers get rich.

I said it was a rumor he heard. I am not claiming he knows or anything like that. I'm just saying he heard a rumor about 10 candidates or so and 5 of them that he told me have came up from D$ and others on this board.

You are so quick to try to attack someone for making a post on a **** message board when I clearly said it was just a rumor he heard. He's heard more rumors than I do, because their aren't many Miami fans where I live, so I talk to him about this stuff. Never did I claim to be an insider or say he knows what is going to happen.

I just wanted to say the other names he told me in case something else comes up about those names

Advertisement

That's at the Schwartz Center, right next to a photo of him boarding the 3am to Cleveland.

Is there a shrine there that includes all his Micron PC Bowl certificates of achievement?

You'd be a total moron if Gary Patterson told you he wanted the job and you said, "Well, you need to come down to Coral Gables and interview like everyone else. You can come in after Mr. Trestman and Mr. Cristobal." Fck outta here. He tells you he wants the gig, then you work out the numbers and sign the contract.

Maybe I'm totally naïve but I find it hard to believe that a person would accept a head coaching position without ever even setting foot in the state. I don't disagree that you work out the numbers and other particulars on the phone but, if it's me, I need to come down here to see if this place is a fit for my family, figure out where I may live, etc before I sign the contract.

Advertisement

Maybe I'm totally naïve but I find it hard to believe that a person would accept a head coaching position without ever even setting foot in the state. I don't disagree that you work out the numbers and other particulars on the phone but, if it's me, I need to come down here to see if this place is a fit for my family, figure out where I may live, etc before I sign the contract.

These guys think it's Madden 2015. God forbid you actually meet to make sure it's right for both sides.

These guys think it's Madden 2015. God forbid you actually meet to make sure it's right for both sides.

Exactly. I also LOL when people suggest that a coach can come down here and the local high school coaches are just going to start funneling their players to the U again just because X, Y or Z is now the coach. Do people realize how things work in the real world? That a coach needs to be here and establish a relationship with coaches? Gotta love some of the brain surgeons on this board.

I think its awesome we have someone who is so plugged into what Korn Ferry is telling people. At first I had my doubts, because this is well, a message board. But its good to know we have someone who is right there in the room with them.

Advertisement
Back