something's up at hecht

Gotta applaud Cane Show aka Jagr. The guy has managed to situate himself as an insider after being banned under a couple other screen names and reappearing in October 2015 as Jagr.

People are so desperate from crumbs they're asking this dude questions, and he's delivering in the classic insider fashion. Priceless.

Yep. Strong performance.

Advertisement
Some coaches seasons wrapped up yesterday. Particularly some in the states of Texas and Washington. Could those two regions have some coaches who have interest in the job?

One in Texas isn't finished yet. No one in Washington. Are you thinking Leach? He hasn't even been mentioned.

In Washington, I was thinking Leach and Petersen. In Texas, I was thinking Briles and Patterson.

Leach, no interest from UM. Petersen is a northwest guy. Patterson is feigning interest, but KF doesn't buy it. Briles thinks he can win championships right where he is now. Herman is the Texas guy who is still on the radar.

Not sure why we'd even be interested but Petersen signed a 2 yr extension that takes him through 2020 like 48 hrs ago.

You would be interested because the guy is 106-24, with two BCS bowl wins, and he is 2x-time bear bryant coach of the year. His contract extension is nothing as it doesn't represent a pay raise just makes his original deal longer. Again, he's a another guy despite his Pacific Northwest ties, you let him tell you no. We can match the four million he is being paid. Would you prefer him or Cristobal?

LOL at interviewing Patterson. That's like a director making George Clooney audition for a part. If Patterson wants the job you give it to him. Get a deal signed and end the search.

Seriously? You don't have any reservations about him being able to recruit Florida given that he's been in Texas for so long? I'll admit that I don't have a clue about their roster and too lazy to look it up but I'd find it hard to believe that his current TCU roster is made up of a significant amount of South Florida athletes.

Dude, if Patterson wants the job, you write the **** check and worry about everything else later.

Advertisement
It won't be prudent for a smart and experienced HC, whoever he is to accept a job based on a phone call and a financial offer. Considering he doesn't know much about the university and what it offers, the facilities, his future superiors including the president, don't you think he want to see where he will be coaching and who he will be dealing with? It is a 5 year minimum commitment. Not sure I would make a major life decision like this without meeting with people I will be working with for the next 5-10 years. Same goes for the AD and the president.

Gotta applaud Cane Show aka Jagr. The guy has managed to situate himself as an insider after being banned under a couple other screen names and reappearing in October 2015 as Jagr.

People are so desperate from crumbs they're asking this dude questions, and he's delivering in the classic insider fashion. Priceless.

Good ole Queen, reinventing himself. Might be able to keep his new screen name a couple more weeks.

That explains why he came out of nowhere and just started attacking me for no reason.

LOL at interviewing Patterson. That's like a director making George Clooney audition for a part. If Patterson wants the job you give it to him. Get a deal signed and end the search.

Seriously? You don't have any reservations about him being able to recruit Florida given that he's been in Texas for so long? I'll admit that I don't have a clue about their roster and too lazy to look it up but I'd find it hard to believe that his current TCU roster is made up of a significant amount of South Florida athletes.

You'd be a total moron if Gary Patterson told you he wanted the job and you said, "Well, you need to come down to Coral Gables and interview like everyone else. You can come in after Mr. Trestman and Mr. Cristobal." Fck outta here. He tells you he wants the gig, then you work out the numbers and sign the contract.

Maybe I'm totally naïve but I find it hard to believe that a person would accept a head coaching position without ever even setting foot in the state. I don't disagree that you work out the numbers and other particulars on the phone but, if it's me, I need to come down here to see if this place is a fit for my family, figure out where I may live, etc before I sign the contract.

You're trying to drag me into shallow, *****-infested water, and I'm not going. Good day, sir. The entire premise we were discussing was that if PATTERSON TELLS YOU HE WANTS THE JOB THEN YOU GIVE IT TO HIM.

Advertisement

You'd be a total moron if Gary Patterson told you he wanted the job and you said, "Well, you need to come down to Coral Gables and interview like everyone else. You can come in after Mr. Trestman and Mr. Cristobal." Fck outta here. He tells you he wants the gig, then you work out the numbers and sign the contract.

Maybe I'm totally naïve but I find it hard to believe that a person would accept a head coaching position without ever even setting foot in the state. I don't disagree that you work out the numbers and other particulars on the phone but, if it's me, I need to come down here to see if this place is a fit for my family, figure out where I may live, etc before I sign the contract.

These guys think it's Madden 2015. God forbid you actually meet to make sure it's right for both sides.

Exactly. I also LOL when people suggest that a coach can come down here and the local high school coaches are just going to start funneling their players to the U again just because X, Y or Z is now the coach. Do people realize how things work in the real world? That a coach needs to be here and establish a relationship with coaches? Gotta love some of the brain surgeons on this board.

LOL. This dude is clowning you, and you are attempting to commiserate with him. Classic work, Jagr.

Jagr Show is a gem. He goes from the second biggest Butch honk behind Archer to an avatar of Herman overnight, and you dopes are asking him questions like he's Tony Barnhart on some SEC call-in show.

Advertisement

these threads are entertaining

Jagr, are you hearing Chip as a name in the conversation or is that a pipe dream?

We're interested, certainly. But we don't think we can afford him AND the assistants he would want to bring in. A guy like Chip Kelly will get his $5-6 million, but he isn't going to bring in $200,000 coordinators. The thought is that it would be a $10 million staff.
That is so shortsided on the part of the admin. Chip would bring so much excitement that the extra ticket sales would cover the cost of his assistants.

Advertisement
The key will be if Patterson's wife gets summoned to the Hecht.

She wants to see Butch's trophy?

They're displaying his Sugar Bowl trophy at the Hecht? That's nice.

That's at the Schwartz Center, right next to a photo of him boarding the 3am to Cleveland.

Is there a shrine there that includes all his Micron PC Bowl certificates of achievement?

I would love to see Herman or Patterson here ahead of Butch (my #3 ) but at least Butch won a Bowl game or two.

Advertisement
Back