something's up at hecht

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jagr, are you hearing Chip as a name in the conversation or is that a pipe dream?

We're interested, certainly. But we don't think we can afford him AND the assistants he would want to bring in. A guy like Chip Kelly will get his $5-6 million, but he isn't going to bring in $200,000 coordinators. The thought is that it would be a $10 million staff.

Advertisement
Can somebody illuminate me? what is hecht?

I will take it as you're posing a real question and you are not from South Florida. The Hecht refers to Hecht Athletic Center at the University of Miami. It is the building that houses the office of the athletic director, offices of all coaches, study hall, dining hall, trainers room, etc........Basically it is the heart of athletics.

Jagr, are you hearing Chip as a name in the conversation or is that a pipe dream?

We're interested, certainly. But we don't think we can afford him AND the assistants he would want to bring in. A guy like Chip Kelly will get his $5-6 million, but he isn't going to bring in $200,000 coordinators. The thought is that it would be a $10 million staff.

Interesting and kind of disappointing. Was excited about the talk of money not being an object. So, are they giving up or at least taking a shot?

Last edited:
Jagr, so is the SI article accurate that Schiano, Butch, Mullen, and Chud are the final four or are there others out there that have a shot?

There is no final four right now. It's more like a final ten. Some guys have interest but can't officially talk to Blake until their last regular season game.

Some coaches seasons wrapped up yesterday. Particularly some in the states of Texas and Washington. Could those two regions have some coaches who have interest in the job?

One in Texas isn't finished yet. No one in Washington. Are you thinking Leach? He hasn't even been mentioned.

Does "regular season" include conference championship game?

Advertisement
I just drove by the Hecht a few minutes ago and nothing is happening.

Advertisement
Back