Something to keep in mind with all this flipping....

LMFAO. How many spots do you all think we have left open?? I mean did you expect us to have 100 offers out there? At most we may have 4-5 spots left TOPS, and that includes the Bethel, Powell and Valentine spots. Before the recent decommits, I think we had maybe 1-2 spots left open. This was a BIG class. I think they will probably keep a spot open for JC Jackson if he wants it, but otherwise we may not take another CB. I do think we may take another DT, if Valentine doesnt qualify or get back on board. I also think we will make a run at another RB. And maybe take another WR or TE. I would not be surprised if its the Leinus kid from Cali. Kaaya's boy.

Advertisement
And you really have any hope that they are gonna be able to close? Please man.

NO WAY man. Because he didnt land Corn Elder last year out of the blue. Figueroa. Grabbed AQM late in the game. Also landed Bond, who ended up not being able to qualify, and Griffin.

But yeah, he's doing absolutely NOTHIGN right now.

Sweet. Maybe he can go find another 5* WR that doesn't have a snowball's chance in **** at ever winding up at Miami so that he can keep the fans off his back for a little while. Recruiting kids that will never make it in to school does not equal success.

NO WAY man. Because he didnt land Corn Elder last year out of the blue. Figueroa. Grabbed AQM late in the game. Also landed Bond, who ended up not being able to qualify, and Griffin.

Sweet. Maybe he can go find another 5* WR that doesn't have a snowball's chance in **** at ever winding up at Miami so that he can keep the fans off his back for a little while. Recruiting kids that will never make it in to school does not equal success.

Yes, Im sure that exactly why they took Griffin, to get people off his back. And Griffin has been studying like **** and taking the ACT over and over again, tweeting how bad and how hard he's trying to qualify to get down to Miami, but he didnt know all along, that it was just a ploy by AG to get "people off his back". LOL.

Best Fans in the World.

Yes, Im sure that exactly why they took Griffin, to get people off his back. And Griffin has been studying like **** and taking the ACT over and over again, tweeting how bad and how hard he's trying to qualify to get down to Miami, but he didnt know all along, that it was just a ploy by AG to get "people off his back". LOL.

Best Fans in the World.

Unlike most UM "fans," I'm a season ticket holder. And will be again next year. And every year for the foreseeable future, regardless of the product on the field. But you are flat out in denial if you think Al is steering this program in the right direction right now.

As the head coach at UM, he should be pretty in-tune with our admission standards. As well as whether or not he can actually get a kid on campus. Its pretty apparent that Griffin had a loooooooong way to go before he could be accepted. I never expected to see Griffin in a Canes uniform, and still don't. And i will be right here to eat a big ole bowl of crow if he ever actually does make it in.

Best Fans in the World.

Unlike most UM "fans," I'm a season ticket holder. And will be again next year. And every year for the foreseeable future, regardless of the product on the field. But you are flat out in denial if you think Al is steering this program in the right direction right now.

As the head coach at UM, he should be pretty in-tune with our admission standards. As well as whether or not he can actually get a kid on campus. Its pretty apparent that Griffin had a loooooooong way to go before he could be accepted. I never expected to see Griffin in a Canes uniform, and still don't. And i will be right here to eat a big ole bowl of crow if he ever actually does make it in.

I dont think AG or anyone else expected Griffin to qualify last year. Thought everyone here pretty much understood we took a shot on him because we hoped he would qual this year and we could then reap a great talent for having stuck by him when he couldnt make it in last year. It was definitely worth a shot. What did we lose? I dont think anyone actually felt we were "counting" on Griffin, at least not last year.

Advertisement

Elder was scramble mode because of Collins. Not that I don't like the pick up but don't act like it was some master plan.

Griffin apparently has zero chance of getting in which is why aTm dropped him and Al took a very calculated risk. Made him look good at the moment. Again, not some master stroke.

Figueroa committed earlier in the process and so did Bond, so I have no idea why you would bring those guys up other than you being CAPS4LIFE. (Figueroa was december 1st and Bond was even before that)

We didn't grab AQM. We were on him the entire time and he waited to commit at the Army game. So at this point last year he was already committed.

Elder was scramble mode because of Collins. Not that I don't like the pick up but don't act like it was some master plan.

Griffin apparently has zero chance of getting in which is why aTm dropped him and Al took a very calculated risk. Made him look good at the moment. Again, not some master stroke.

Figueroa committed earlier in the process and so did Bond, so I have no idea why you would bring those guys up other than you being CAPS4LIFE. (Figueroa was december 1st and Bond was even before that)

We didn't grab AQM. We were on him the entire time and he waited to commit at the Army game. So at this point last year he was already committed.

How do you know who we are and arent on? Staff has made many recruiting trips, they are still talking to a bunch of kids. Names have continued to pop up over the last month. Remember when Gayot came out of no where and we flipped him away from the great Charlie Strong? There are still other DBs we are talking to. Other Lbs they are working on. And Elder was "desperation" play? Kid was a high 4 star with offers from all over. You think we just woke up that morning, called him and he was like "Oh ****, someone gave me a scholie"? Maybe you are thinking of Gus Edwards, who we also snagged late.

How do you know who we are and arent on? Staff has made many recruiting trips, they are still talking to a bunch of kids. Names have continued to pop up over the last month. Remember when Gayot came out of no where and we flipped him away from the great Charlie Strong? There are still other DBs we are talking to. Other Lbs they are working on. And Elder was "desperation" play? Kid was a high 4 star with offers from all over. You think we just woke up that morning, called him and he was like "Oh ****, someone gave me a scholie"? Maybe you are thinking of Gus Edwards, who we also snagged late.

How do you? LMAO at throwing Bond, Figueroa and AQM as some guys we got late.

Did Elder even OV before he committed?

When did AQM commit? Werent you one of the geniuses laughing at the idea that there are still "big names" out there we can get with only a "month" left before NSD? AQM was a battle until he committed. And How long before NSD was that???? When did Coley commit? How about Gus Edwards? Corn Elder, high 4 star. That's how we closed last year. But please, tell me how badly we closed, because you were hanging your hopes on Pete's "gut" feelings about Matt Thomas. The BEST part of which, was ........ like you, who gave me sh*t, when I was one of the few who had said ALL ALONG that Thomas was NEVER coming here and it was plainly obvious. You all laughed at that, banked on Thomas, and then had a meltdown so you could throw a sh*t fit on NSD when the kid went to FSU. And In REALITY, we had never even been seriously in the running for the kid. But we DID close, with Coley, Edwards, Elder. After what was a pretty decent overall class.

Advertisement

When did AQM commit? Werent you one of the geniuses laughing at the idea that there are still "big names" out there we can get with only a "month" left before NSD? AQM was a battle until he committed. And How long before NSD was that???? When did Coley commit? How about Gus Edwards? Corn Elder, high 4 star. That's how we closed last year. But please, tell me how badly we closed, because you were hanging your hopes on Pete's "gut" feelings about Matt Thomas. The BEST part of which, was ........ like you, who gave me sh*t, when I was one of the few who had said ALL ALONG that Thomas was NEVER coming here and it was plainly obvious. You all laughed at that, banked on Thomas, and then had a meltdown so you could throw a sh*t fit on NSD when the kid went to FSU. And In REALITY, we had never even been seriously in the running for the kid. But we DID close, with Coley, Edwards, Elder. After what was a pretty decent overall class.

As I stated in my previous post, AQM was already committed at this point last year. He committed at the Army game, 1/5/13.

Gus Edwards came here because we hired Coley, not because Al & Co. were recruiting him.

Coley was always going to announce on signing day so porpping him up as an example of being to close late is disingenuous at best.

Point to where I laughed at someone saying Thomas wasn't coming. Fact is, up until close to the very end (at this point last year) our staff though he was coming. Another fail.

C4L, you are fighting a losing battle. Too many porsters just enjoy complaining and whining non stop. The topic doesnt matter, right or wrong doesnt matter, logic doesnt matter, rumor or fact doesnt matter. Use the ignore button instead of answering.

As I stated in my previous post, AQM was already committed at this point last year. He committed at the Army game, 1/5/13.

Gus Edwards came here because we hired Coley, not because Al & Co. were recruiting him.

Coley was always going to announce on signing day so porpping him up as an example of being to close late is disingenuous at best.

Point to where I laughed at someone saying Thomas wasn't coming. Fact is, up until close to the very end (at this point last year) our staff though he was coming. Another fail.

That is utter BULLSH*T. How on EARTH can you say that? EVERYTHING I have read from ANYONE who I trust has any type of sources, has stated that the staff new for a while MT was not coming, and that MT had NEVER committed. It was clear as day for anyone who has followed recruiting long enough that Thomas had NO interest in coming here. The kid had to be begged to squeeze in a mid week OV, between FSU and USC, while he had been going on and on on twitter about how he couldnt wait to get out to USC. LOL. And people here were living in a fantasy world that he was still coming here and it was all good because Pete Aziz had a "gut feeling".

That is utter BULLSH*T. How on EARTH can you say that? EVERYTHING I have read from ANYONE who I trust has any type of sources, has stated that the staff new for a while MT was not coming, and that MT had NEVER committed. It was clear as day for anyone who has followed recruiting long enough that Thomas had NO interest in coming here. The kid had to be begged to squeeze in a mid week OV, between FSU and USC, while he had been going on and on on twitter about how he couldnt wait to get out to USC. LOL. And people here were living in a fantasy world that he was still coming here and it was all good because Pete Aziz had a "gut feeling".

Link.

You act like the only visit Thomas ever took to Miami was his OV when he had 3/4 unofficial visits and had even named Miami his leader at one point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
BTW, way to deflect from the fairy tale porst of yours about our close last year.

Link.

You act like the only visit Thomas ever took to Miami was his OV when he had 3/4 unofficial visits and had even named Miami his leader at one point.

OH thats right the 856 "unofficial visits" he took right? All the "LOL, he doesnt have to take an OV here, he's been here a million times, ha ha ha". And I told you fools that it was bullsh*t. NO KID who was leaning here is going to have to be "talked into" squeezing in a mid week OV here. It was CLEAR AS DAY MT was never coming here. You believed what you WANTED to believe, not what the evidence pointed to.

Golden didn't know it. If Golden knew Thomas wasn't coming he wouldn't have called Skai on Signing Day and offered him after Thomas picked FSU. So Golden believed rightly or wrongly Thomas was going to pick Miami.

Advertisement
BTW, way to deflect from the fairy tale porst of yours about our close last year.

Deflect what? Your idiotic retort was that we closed because of James Coley? SO F*CKING WHAT? Is Coley not on the staff anymore? Is he no longer recruiting? What was the genesis of this current discussion? Was it not that we can still close out decently?? So we only closed last year because of Coley, but now we CANT POSSIBLE close well even though we still have Coley? Logic must be like trying to decode alien DNA for you. We closed last year with 3 STUDS. Coley, the best WR in Florida, Corn Elder, possibly the best athlete in Tennessee, and Gus Edwards, a kid the Noles had recruited all year.

LOL but yeah, that "sucked".

Deflect what? Your idiotic retort was that we closed because of James Coley? SO F*CKING WHAT? Is Coley not on the staff anymore? Is he no longer recruiting? What was the genesis of this current discussion? Was it not that we can still close out decently?? So we only closed last year because of Coley, but now we CANT POSSIBLE close well even though we still have Coley? Logic must be like trying to decode alien DNA for you. We closed last year with 3 STUDS. Coley, the best WR in Florida, Corn Elder, possibly the best athlete in Tennessee, and Gus Edwards, a kid the Noles had recruited all year.

LOL but yeah, that "sucked".

Yeah, that's all I said. Coley.

We closed with 3 "studs" and whiffed 5 elite local players. Yeah, that was awesome.

And it was all part of the master plan that included:

1 player that didn't even take an OV before committing that we took because we struck out on Collins

1 player we hadn't recruited at all but we got because we happened to lose our OC to the NFL and hired his primary recruiter

1 player we had really no idea was coming until he announced.

Meanwhile, 4 local top tier talents played your boy Al Bondiga like a fiddle.

Don't break you arm patting yourself on the back.

Last edited:

Golden didn't know it. If Golden knew Thomas wasn't coming he wouldn't have called Skai on Signing Day and offered him after Thomas picked FSU. So Golden believed rightly or wrongly Thomas was going to pick Miami.

Either Golden didn't know or, according to CAPS4LIFE himself, he must be an idiot.

Advertisement
Back