Something to keep in mind with all this flipping....

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
We still have several weeks of OVs coming up and a bunch of kids coming in here on OVs. People seem to forget we had some late additions last year that seemingly came out of nowhere. I have no idea if some or any of the Bethel, Powell flips had anything to do with the staff slow playing anyone, or maybe feeling better about flipping another kid, but there are a lot of recruits still coming on OVs here in the next few weeks. We stole some kids, like Corn Elder late last year, and grabbing AQM late in the game. Also snatched Griffin, though he didnt qual. Also got Figueroa late.

Just saying, there may be a lot of other things going on behind the scenes here. Assuming this PSU stuff IS finally dead and buried, then AG and staff have got to be working the phones hard right now. There are going to be some new names that pop up here in the next few weeks, and I wouldnt be surprised to see a big name recruit maybe flip to us, or at least an uncommitted one end up pulling the trigger. Were still after WRs, TEs, LBs, DTs, DBs, etc.... lets just see how it all plays out before the mass suicide.

Advertisement
Only neophytes ***** or brag about a recruiting class before the ink is dry in February. Still almost a month to go.

Howard
Coley
McCord

Sometimes patience is a virtue. Although we may have lost a couple, the game is far from over.

Advertisement
Who is going to OV?

Jan 17 weekend:

Raymond Minor (undecided)
Chris Herndon
Brad Kaaya
Anthony Moten
Mike Smith
Marques Gayot
Demetrius Jackson

Jan 24 weekend:

Grant Harris (undecided)
Glen Ihenacho (Oregon commit)
Olajuwon Tucker (USC commit)
Tyre Brady

Jan 31 weekend:

Treon Harris (FSU commit)
Travonte Valentine (undecided)
Patrick Porter (Wash. St. commit)

And I'm sure more will be added last min. There are always surprise visitors on these final 3 weekends.

So we have 2 undecided recruits lined up for the last 3 weeks of visits. Sweeeeet!

Who is going to OV?

Jan 17 weekend:

Chris Herndon
Brad Kaaya
Anthony Moten
Mike Smith
Marques Gayot
Demetrius Jackson

Jan 24 weekend:

Grant Harris (undecided)
Tyre Brady

Jan 31 weekend:

And I'm sure more will be added last min. There are always surprise visitors on these final 3 weekends.

So pretty much we got nothing? Most of those kids are active commits that we will be lucky to hang on to. I doubt Treon even makes that visit. Everyone else is just getting a free winter trip to UM. I don't understand why Al has seemingly stopped recruiting a month before signing day. Brilliant!

Advertisement
Who is going to OV?

Jan 17 weekend:

Chris Herndon
Brad Kaaya
Anthony Moten
Mike Smith
Marques Gayot
Demetrius Jackson

Jan 24 weekend:

Grant Harris (undecided)
Tyre Brady

Jan 31 weekend:

So pretty much we got nothing? Most of those kids are active commits that we will be lucky to hang on to. I doubt Treon even makes that visit. Everyone else is just getting a free winter trip to UM. I don't understand why Al has seemingly stopped recruiting a month before signing day. Brilliant!

the class was practically complete but he does need to recruit until the end for debacles that happen

Who is going to OV?

Jan 17 weekend:

Chris Herndon
Brad Kaaya
Anthony Moten
Mike Smith
Marques Gayot
Demetrius Jackson

Jan 24 weekend:

Grant Harris (undecided)
Tyre Brady

Jan 31 weekend:

Yes, Im sure that's what he did. Stopped recruiting. He's on a beach in Bora Bora right now, with no phone service, and will be there until NLOID.

He better land some big fish to replace the ones he lost, Golden's got a lot of ground to make up for him being such an idiot w/ the Penn State crap and going M.I.A. for 48 hrs.
If he replaces Bethel and Powell w/ equal or better players than no harm, no foul....but no settling for scrubs

Advertisement
Honestly, it's better that we don't add any more trips. Let the staff focus on keeping the kids we have and if they can accomplish that it would be a victory at this point. The last thing I want is for these guys to start spreading themselves too thin. It apparently doesn't take much. Just focus everything we have on the kids we have committed and Valentine.

Mediocre4Life really trying hard here folks. Gotta give props for his dedication :ibisroflmao:

252.jpg

Who is going to OV?

Jan 17 weekend:

Chris Herndon
Brad Kaaya
Anthony Moten
Mike Smith
Marques Gayot
Demetrius Jackson

Jan 24 weekend:

Grant Harris (undecided)
Tyre Brady

Jan 31 weekend:

Yes, Im sure that's what he did. Stopped recruiting. He's on a beach in Bora Bora right now, with no phone service, and will be there until NLOID.

I haven't really seen anything over the past couple weeks to make me think differently. All I've heard is multiple recruits making comments about how they haven't seen or heard from big Al. Not saying he actually has stopped recruiting, that was kind of meant to be a joke. But show me something that proves otherwise...

Advertisement
And you really have any hope that they are gonna be able to close? Please man.

He better land some big fish to replace the ones he lost, Golden's got a lot of ground to make up for him being such an idiot w/ the Penn State crap and going M.I.A. for 48 hrs.
If he replaces Bethel and Powell w/ equal or better players than no harm, no foul....but no settling for scrubs

Here again, how exactly do you know how strongly the staff felt about Bethel for example? Even Pete posted last night that he doesnt think UM was very upset with Bethel bailing out, and it was probably expected. Luginbill also wrote last night that Bethel's size is a major concern at this level, basically implying that Miami wasnt really losing much here, and top that off with the fact that it wasnt like the kid was courted by some top program, he fled to one of the most bizarre destinations Ive heard of for a MIami kid.

As for Powell. What can we do? I was never a big believer that he was going to be a RB here, at least not a productive one. I think the kid was probably suited best for DB or Slot WR. Yes I wanted him, but he bailed.

This class was a bit on the large size as it was. Losing a CB was not really a major loss for us, we are ok at CB. We have 2 good safeties committed too. What we would ideally like to close with is maybe another RB, LB, WR or TE. Probably in that order. And hopefully getting Valentine back in the fold. If we could somehow manage to get Trayone Gray qualified, I think the RB/WR issue is MORe than covered. That kid can play either position, and from everything I have read by those who have seen the kid, he will make everyone forget all about Rudolph, or Powell or any of those cats.

Dont forget we still have to shed some scholies over the next few years unless we win that NCAA appeal. So Loading up on a ton of guys that the staff may have ended up cooling on, like Bethel, may not be such a bad thing. Im not saying that about Powell because I dont think that was the same type of situation.

The list of upcoming visitors this month pretty much confirms that Al and crew have not been doing much on the recruiting trail as of late...

And you really have any hope that they are gonna be able to close? Please man.

NO WAY man. Because he didnt land Corn Elder last year out of the blue. Figueroa. Grabbed AQM late in the game. Also landed Bond, who ended up not being able to qualify, and Griffin.

But yeah, he's doing absolutely NOTHIGN right now.

Advertisement
Back