Someone please tell me...

cooks002

Junior
That this is Miami of Ohio....

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily
BREAKING: Temple has signed a home-and-home football deal with Miami, per AAC commish Mike Aresco.

Advertisement
It makes no sense why blake James is scheduling home and home series with temple period....

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily
BREAKING: Temple has signed a home-and-home football deal with Miami, per AAC commish Mike Aresco.

Someone please tell me ...

That an actual football fan is surprised when a power five team schedules a cupcake. Because that never happens at Alabama or any of the big programs.

The other posters is right, as a cupcake temple is a lot better than BCC.

Scheduling an away game with temple is not that unusual, not for P5 programs

Advertisement

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

That an actual football fan is surprised when a power five team schedules a cupcake. Because that never happens at Alabama or any of the big programs.

The other posters right, as a cupcake temple is a lot better than BCC

It's not about scheduling a cupcake. It's about the home-and-home aspect of it.

No reason to travel to a non-Power 5 school.

Yeah its us. It's not the worst we can do - PA/NJ/NY has some players. Much better than Ark St., obviously.

Hopefully it is played at the Linc.

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

They're way more legit than Appalachian state or Arkansas state

Also, tell it to Penn State, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, etc. with wall have had home games with Temple within the last couple of years.

Again, it's way better than Arkansas state or Tulsa.

Looks like you all are going to have to find something else to bītch about

Advertisement

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

They're way more legit than Appalachian state or Arkansas state

And? Going to App State, Arkansas State and Toledo are also dumb moves that legit programs don't make.

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

I have no issue with playing them. Just make it a home game.

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

The American Athletic Conference is a Power 5 conference? Good to know.... Scheduling a home and home with these **** schools is embarrassing and beneath the U. Just my opinigion.

Where did I say that Temple or the AAC was a P5 program?

What I said was that it's not unusual for a P5 program to schedule a home game with them. Anything else you want to bītch about?

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

The American Athletic Conference is a Power 5 conference? Good to know.... Scheduling a home and home with these **** schools is embarrassing and beneath the U. Just my opinigion.

Where did I say that Temple or the AAC was a P5 program?

What I said was that it's not unusual for a P5 program to schedule a home game with them. Anything else you want to bītch about?

Advertisement
Also, tell it to Penn State, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, etc. with wall have had home games with Temple within the last couple of years.

Well, all those schools are Midwest schools that likely recruit Philly heavily. They probably used Temple as more a showcase to pull in recruits. What's the reasoning for Miami to travel to Philly, Arkansas State or Toledo?

It makes no sense why blake James is scheduling home and home series with temple period....

Call me crazy, but I actually like these away games against G5 teams. In years passed we generally did not have true away games before we started playing conference games/higher stakes games (like Nebraska a few years back). Other than FAU, which was basically a home game. I like the idea of the young guys getting a taste of a real road game and the travel that comes with it before higher stakes games occur. That way a freshman who is starting isn't having his first away game at FSU or Va. Tech. I thought App. St. was especially beneficial last year because of their dedicated fan base. They showed up and were loud, which provided a true road environment. Just my 2 cents on why they may be considering these games.

Last edited:

OwlsDaily
@TempleOwlsDaily

Why? They might be a slight upgrade over App St. and Ark. St. home and homes...

UM

Advertisement

Well, all those schools are Midwest schools that likely recruit Philly heavily. They probably used Temple as more a showcase to pull in recruits. What's the reasoning for Miami to travel to Philly, Arkansas State or Toledo?

We're talking about Temple, not about Toledo or Arkansas state.

We should not be scheduling Toledo or Arkansas State away, but there were reasons for it, hopefully those issues have been addressed. Temple is different than they are, this is a completely different issue. If Notre Dame and Penn State schedule away games with them, it's legit.

You lost this one.

Take the L like a man and move on.

Stop grasping for straws. Nobody is arguing about Arkansas State and Toledo, this is Temple we're talking about.

Advertisement
Back