Someone explain this defensive formation to me please

People please stop saying "Its a 3-2-6"

This is our base 3-4 defense, except the 2 OLB are covering WRs

The two outside LBs are usually playing zone. They're not being asked to run step for step down the field with WRs.

STFU. The fact your trying to defend this clearly shows you dont know **** about football.

You're right. Never has an outside LB in college(oregon's LB do it all time) lined up out wide against a WR and played zone. Former big high school safeties like Owens don't ever transition to that role in college because it allows a defense to be more flexible when teams do try to speed you up. Completely foreign concept.

LMAO did you just google all that?

Advertisement
It's the stop bit@hing formation. There is nothing no one can do about what is being called but you fu@kers cry every day about it lol. I feel so bad for some of you.

Advertisement
People miss the big picture. "3.5 per play"

What'd you think it would be if we weren't lining up like our defensive coordinator was an autistic kid that won a contest to call plays for the week?

We are showing 5 in the box and instantly giving an advantage to any zone read play. They have numbers, even more so when you count their QB as a running threat. That **** is IG'NANT. Straight IG'NANT.

It's the stop bit@hing formation. There is nothing no one can do about what is being called but you fu@kers cry every day about it lol. I feel so bad for some of you.

What's it say about you that you come here and read it every day?

Advertisement
soconfusedrightnow.gif

Advertisement
People miss the big picture. "3.5 per play"

What'd you think it would be if we weren't lining up like our defensive coordinator was an autistic kid that won a contest to call plays for the week?

We are showing 5 in the box and instantly giving an advantage to any zone read play. They have numbers, even more so when you count their QB as a running threat. That **** is IG'NANT. Straight IG'NANT.

I made a thread a while back that had multiple screen shots from our game at KSU. The general theme was that even before the snap, our defense was at a disadvantage because we were out-manned in the box due to alignment. I have no clue what goes through Doritos mind with some of our alignments, but we kill ourselves before the snap.

Here's a screenshot from the KSU game. KSU has 9 in the box when you take into consideration their QB was a running threat. We counter with 6 in the box and soft cover-2 look behind it. **** is baffling.

sEHsk3D.jpg

I have several these screen shots from the KSU game where our defense looks out-manned before the snap. ****'s frustrating as ****.

Advertisement
How about lining up your 250 lb defensive end as the boundary corner? Does Oregon also do that?

I'm not a fan at all but McCord is not a DE in this defense.

You're right. He's a rush OLB that only rushes on 3rd and long.

I get it, you can't rush him every play because that'd be too predictable. But if someone were to chart the plays that he played coverage instead of rushing the passer this season I'd bet there'd be a big disparity for him playing coverage.

Are people actually defending that our DE/OLB is lined up on the boundary vs a WR when the corner is 5 feet behind him covering noone?

How about lining up your 250 lb defensive end as the boundary corner? Does Oregon also do that?

I get it, you can't rush him every play because that'd be too predictable. But if someone were to chart the plays that he played coverage instead of rushing the passer this season I'd bet there'd be a big disparity for him playing coverage.

You'd lose that bet. Rok has a great talent for this type of thread but I think he found one of three times in the entire game that we were in a 3 man front.

You'd lose that bet. Rok has a great talent for this type of thread but I think he found one of three times in the entire game that we were in a 3 man front.

I doubt I'd lose that bet just thinking back to how many times during the game I complain about us only rushing our 3 down linemen.

Advertisement
Back