Someone call the coroner

Advertisement
Wouldn't say Lake "murdered him"—very logical sentiments most logic folk are thinking.

Said James went on a "secret media tour" ....said in interviews that Manny's job wasn't secure ... James was "betting" Diaz would lose against NC State (resulting in a Sunday firing)—what James was setting up .... blew up in James' face (when Diaz won.)

James didn't give Diaz heads up about Friday interviews (per Diaz) ... Diaz came off bothered; James making political moves .... questioned leadership as result (James strongly hired Diaz quickly) and now distancing himself from Diaz to save his own job.

Parting shot; that no new head coach would want to come in to work under James if this is the way he's bus rolling his current head coach—who he vouched for and hired.
That's at least manslaughter

Advertisement
When you work in a place that is mostly a meritocracy, this stuff doesn't happen (at least, not to this degree) Why? Because everybody at the top is competent at their job, and when someone isn't, their competent boss recognizes it and either helps them turn it around or moves on.

Unfortunately, lazy hires like Blake James and Manny beget more lazy hires, and pretty soon you're left with a snake pit where politics is more important than skill, since nobody is qualified to do their job anyways.
I currently work in the NHS - you'd THINK it would be a meritocracy. It isn't.

I previously worked for a national governing body for a sport. Again it was who you knew, not what you know.

There were talented people in senior positions at both places, but they were surrounded by career politicians.

Blake can’t throw Manny under the bus to save his own **** bc he’s the one who hired Diaz! He has to go down with the ship! The only way Blake can survive is if our BOT are complete IDIOTS…well nevermind. Carry on. JESUS CHRIST 🤦🏾‍♂️
Sadly that's who these people are and that's how they think.

He's gone from tied-at-the-hip best buddies with Diaz to happily sacrificing him so that he can bank another pay cheque.

Advertisement
Imagine having to work with these kinds of snakes (on both sides - Diaz has schemed his way to the top too).

I could advance much further in my career, but there's a big part of me that just doesn't want to because having to deal with the politics from ambitious, talentless ***** like these would slowly kill me.
I don’t put Diaz in the same category as Blake. Diaz was out the door, it was Blake who offered him the job. Diaz wasn’t looking for it.

Manny isn’t a good HC right now, and we all know that there are fractured relationships between him snd some of his staff. But he isn’t trying to save his job by telling journalists that he has no confidence in his soon to be fired OC.

Advertisement
I want Blake and Manny gone as much as anyone else but Blake is Mannys boss. Blake doesn’t need to give Manny a heads up or get his ok to do an interview. That being said, the interview to me was definitely telling that Diaz has to win or is out bc he didn’t give him
Any vote of confidence.

Advertisement
I love how Manny is blaming the fans for losing recruits to add to the list.

Fvking guy takes no responsibility for his actions. His team record & performances off bye weeks and big games is what he should be pointing out first in the least before he gets to other points and then the fans.

Sh*+, fans want to fire Dabo. Fans gonna fan.

Manny needs to take care of his house first before pointing fingers at the fans.

Advertisement
Back