Someone call the coroner

PBJFanatic

Sophomore
Advertisement
Cliffs notes? Work blocks this stuff.................

Wouldn't say Lake "murdered him"—very logical sentiments most logic folk are thinking.

Said James went on a "secret media tour" ....said in interviews that Manny's job wasn't secure ... James was "betting" Diaz would lose against NC State (resulting in a Sunday firing)—what James was setting up .... blew up in James' face (when Diaz won.)

James didn't give Diaz heads up about Friday interviews (per Diaz) ... Diaz came off bothered; James making political moves .... questioned leadership as result (James strongly hired Diaz quickly) and now distancing himself from Diaz to save his own job.

Parting shot; that no new head coach would want to come in to work under James if this is the way he's bus rolling his current head coach—who he vouched for and hired.

Wouldn't say Lake "murdered him"—very logical sentiments most logic folk are thinking.

Said James went on a "secret media tour" ....said in interviews that Manny's job wasn't secure ... James was "betting" Diaz would lose against NC State (resulting in a Sunday firing)—what James was setting up .... blew up in James' face (when Diaz won.)

James didn't give Diaz heads up about Friday interviews (per Diaz) ... Diaz came off bothered; James making political moves .... questioned leadership as result (James strongly hired Diaz quickly) and now distancing himself from Diaz to save his own job.

Parting shot; that no new head coach would want to come in to work under James if this is the way he's bus rolling his current head coach—who he vouched for and hired.
Much appreciated!

Advertisement
Advertisement

Imagine having to work with these kinds of snakes (on both sides - Diaz has schemed his way to the top too).

I could advance much further in my career, but there's a big part of me that just doesn't want to because having to deal with the politics from ambitious, talentless ***** like these would slowly kill me.

Manny needs to go, but Blake is poisoning the well thinking he can get a few more drinks/paychecks before he's forced to leave. Getting rid of Manny soon might help with player buy in and recruiting in the short term, but there's zero chance any good coach will come work for an AD who acts like this. I know the majority of this site agrees, but getting rid of Blake is more important than anything else. He can't be a part of the next coaching search.

Imagine having to work with these kinds of snakes (on both sides - Diaz has schemed his way to the top too).

I could advance much further in my career, but there's a big part of me that just doesn't want to because having to deal with the politics from ambitious, talentless ***** like these would slowly kill me.
When you work in a place that is mostly a meritocracy, this stuff doesn't happen (at least, not to this degree) Why? Because everybody at the top is competent at their job, and when someone isn't, their competent boss recognizes it and either helps them turn it around or moves on.

Unfortunately, lazy hires like Blake James and Manny beget more lazy hires, and pretty soon you're left with a snake pit where politics is more important than skill, since nobody is qualified to do their job anyways.

Advertisement
Manny needs to go, but Blake is poisoning the well thinking he can get a few more drinks/paychecks before he's forced to leave. Getting rid of Manny soon might help with player buy in and recruiting in the short term, but there's zero chance any good coach will come work for an AD who acts like this. I know the majority of this site agrees, but getting rid of Blake is more important than anything else. He can't be a part of the next coaching search.

Agreed. A majority of this forum has been calling for Blake James to be canned. We know in the big picture, we're in a repetitive cycle if we just fire Manny Diaz and not the AD. We need leadership at the position. We've had 3 ADs over the last 15 years, one of which (our current one), is not fit for the role. Blake showed his *** (moreso than usual) this past week with his media tour. The fanbase knows Blake's the main issue now, and Blake is in a corner.

Advertisement
3E1CE23A-B132-4AB8-A7BE-49FB3DE1EB62.gif

Advertisement
Back