Some thoughts on the NC State game

developed lol......everything has been taught under the sun nowadays. If this undeveloped thing was true Deon Bush would be Sean Taylor right now for example. U can scream undeveloped when that happens regularly..............if guys were undeveloped G15 doesnt go first round........Phillips dont go 1st round.........im still waiting on the Duke was under developed......I said he wouldnt do a thing in the league with a speed increase. Lamar Miller was Miller the minute he played and he had the speed that translated to the NFL its why he succeeded......someone didnt teach him to be fast.

Advertisement
Not going to call you out since you’ve given us great info and been right on 90% of things but you said few weeks ago the team has checked out and will fold

Clearly some guys have checked out like Bolden, Ivey but is the addition of adding the younger guys that have the team actually fighting every game
The power of youth. They don’t know how to quit yet

Diggs is not a Top 2 CB lol. Not even top 10.

And no, that has nothing to do with "everyone getting burned". Diggs takes baits so easily, he gets burned on double moves at a consistent rate. And thats not good for a corner who makes a pick one play and gets burned for a TD right after.

Offenses will adjust to it and Diggs INT numbers will regress.
This!!!! Diggs is nowhere near top 2 lol

Smh. My mistake for even bringing Diggs up because I dont care about the Cowboys and I really dont care about Bama. My point was to the poster that said that apparently the SEC has some magic juice that no other conference has and that Hall and Frierson would have been developed way better if they had gone the SEC route. But I guess you guys missed that part. (shrugs)

Advertisement
So I saw dunson got some playtime. What was that all about? And what do we think about him long term ?
I know he got burned on the one deep ball, which is bad I will admit, but I think given the fact that we have ZERO pass rush....our DBs held up fairly well given the circumstances. Also, 29 not having long speed was all over his eval coming out of HS so it didn't surprise me that the deep speed threat on NCST got behind him, heck I was just glad he stayed with it and brought him down after the catch.

Yea you can see what kirby saw with Tyrique.. his skills fit perfectly for safety/striker/star hybrid type player.. he hurt himself on that one, he is a good physical corner but would be elite at safety and probably be up for high draft status had he stayed and played for #1 team/defense instead of playing for freaking manny and his terrible defense..
no guarantee he would have seen the field. Kirby lost a couple of his secondary guys with experience this season because of promises made to new recruits.

I think Tyrique lived that for two years and had enough

no guarantee he would have seen the field. Kirby lost a couple of his secondary guys with experience this season because of promises made to new recruits.

I think Tyrique lived that for two years and had enough

Yeah and plus, smart is a guy who played justin field at fullback.

Advertisement
Decent analysis, but this is a guy Miami fans eagerly trashed as an ex-bartender in over his head. So which is it?

You can see the difference between Georgia-type physicality (JW and Tyrique) and the rest of the roster. We are still underwhelming in the back 7. Kam Kinchens is a bright spot. He gives us consistent tackling we haven’t had at safety since 2018. Avantae Williams played a bit on third down. We didn’t think we’d ever see him in a Canes uniform, so that was a nice moment. In retrospect, Ephraim Banda did a strong job recruiting and coaching safeties.

There's some kids I REALLY like on this team, who give me hope. And then there's kids who I can't wait to see leave. (one's name is Manny)

I will say this though...these following kids pop...and could win us a lot of games under a good staff.

TVD
Keontra
Rooster
James Williams
Stevenson
Kinchens
Restrepo
Smith
Brinson
George
Chaney
Thad
Arroyo
JHH
Taylor

And I'm sure there's a couple more.

We really need to fill the cupboard at OL and LB but I have no faith in this staff to do that (or win games).
Let's hope a new staff comes in here and puts an emphasis on those positions. (word is - it ain't lookin' good at LB right now - recruiting wise)

Advertisement
There's some kids I REALLY like on this team, who give me hope. And then there's kids who I can't wait to see leave. (one's name is Manny)

I will say this though...these following kids pop...and could win us a lot of games under a good staff.

TVD
Keontra
Rooster
James Williams
Stevenson
Kinchens
Restrepo
Smith
Brinson
George
Chaney
Thad
Arroyo
JHH
Taylor

We really need to fill the cupboard at OL and LB but I have no faith in this staff to do that (or win games).
Let's hope a new staff comes in here and puts an emphasis on those positions. (word is - it ain't lookin' good at LB right now - recruiting wise)
My concern is that only 2 names on this list play with their hand in the dirt. We need to recruit the trenches better, period.

TVD
Keontra
Rooster
James Williams
Stevenson
Kinchens
Restrepo
Smith
Brinson
George
Chaney
Thad
Arroyo
JHH
Taylor

bruh did you talk to X after that almost diving catch? I jumped up out my seat, spilled my beer, scared my dog, dropped the baby, made my wife question multiple life decisions all because I thought he caught it.

bruh did you talk to X after that almost diving catch? I jumped up out my seat, spilled my beer, scared my dog, dropped the baby, made my wife question multiple life decisions all because I thought he caught it.
Did the same bro, minus the baby lol

Advertisement
developed lol......everything has been taught under the sun nowadays. If this undeveloped thing was true Deon Bush would be Sean Taylor right now for example. U can scream undeveloped when that happens regularly..............if guys were undeveloped G15 doesnt go first round........Phillips dont go 1st round.........im still waiting on the Duke was under developed......I said he wouldnt do a thing in the league with a speed increase. Lamar Miller was Miller the minute he played and he had the speed that translated to the NFL its why he succeeded......someone didnt teach him to be fast.
I told people a million times Miller was a far superior back to Duke and they didn't believe me. Only injuries could stop a guy with Miller's vision, build, drive, and athleticism.

I talked to him beforehand.
Why do you think he didn't haul it in?

Michael Scott Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back