Some thoughts on the NC State game

very difficult catch. the fact that he put himself in a position to catch it by diving and contorting his body is remarkable by itself. he'll get the next one.

Extremely difficult. I was in no way throwing shade, he makes that catch he likely ends up top 10 SC, I know he was mad at "dropping" it. Kind of reminds me of Berrios as a freshman solely in regards to catching difficult balls. Few times as a freshman Berrios made "almost" catches, balls that would be difficult but ones he would say he should get (a TD against FSU in the corner of the endzone comes to mind) but he came around and was basically automatic his last year and is still catching punts for the Jets.

Advertisement
We have so much talent all over the field

We are A good staff, who stresses physicality, a rebuilt OL and some LB playmakers away from competing

Really like the look of Steed and Keontra on the field at LB together

OL is the main thing. As always. You need a good QB and OL to be a good football team. This team hasn't been able to line up and knock people off the football for a decade now.

I told people a million times Miller was a far superior back to Duke and they didn't believe me. Only injuries could stop a guy with Miller's vision, build, drive, and athleticism.
I hate this whole developed **** when the NFL says otherwise. Their is so much proof and analytics that say we just evaluate bad. Vernon was a beast that Saban wanted and he's lasting in the league.....he was a good eval and a good player because he's a good player. It's pretty simple man....G15 is a good player cause he's a good player lol...James Williams is a good player because he's a good player same with Stevenson. They make this **** rocket science and it's not. If they want to talk scheme fit ok that's different.

You could tell the team rallied behind TVD, they were battling for him which says a lot. After the game knighton and others went directly to him. He took on that pressure and handled it like a boss. I just hope we can keep this young group together. There’s a nice nucleus to work with for the next coach.
Anymore rumblings about players desire to transfer? Wonder how many of the young core would stick it out if the right coach came in. Would love to see the majority of the last 2 classes stick around. I think there are some pieces to build with

Advertisement
If we beat Pitt, Manny gets another year imo…

Not happening unless he runs the table, which I don't expect. Still for the players it would be nice for them to make a bowl game. If the team finishes 6-6, there is a 99. 9% chance Diaz gets fired but at least they get a bowl game. Its not the players fault we have a horrible HC and AD, they shouldn't get punished for it.

Hes the 2nd best CB in the league right now. Every CB gets burned. The days of shutdown CBs are over with these wide open offenses. I saw Xavien Howard get burned yesterday too by Kyle Pitts. It happens. But I digress. My point is that anyone who thinks Hall and Frierson would have been studs if they had gone SEC is just dyck riding at this point.
Frierson is better than Hall imo…might have been better at UGA depending on how they would have used him…happy he is a Cane

I was a Banda fan. Our safeties got better when he was here and he was a good recruiter.

Is there enough evidence yet to think that maybe Banda was a better Safeties coach then TRob?

There’s no doubt our CBs look better but nobody is making picks

And the veteran safeties have seemed to regressed

Maybe it’s that Banda was better at coaching Mannys stupid scheme while TRob wants to rebel against it

Either way, JW & Kitchens look way more talented and play better than Bubba, Hall, and Amari already

Advertisement
I hate this whole developed **** when the NFL says otherwise. Their is so much proof and analytics that say we just evaluate bad. Vernon was a beast that Saban wanted and he's lasting in the league.....he was a good eval and a good player because he's a good player. It's pretty simple man....G15 is a good player cause he's a good player lol...James Williams is a good player because he's a good player same with Stevenson. They make this **** rocket science and it's not. If they want to talk scheme fit ok that's different.
That’s how they justify the misses and taking back up plans
It’s like when u have to take home the back up chick you tell everyone cuz she’s a freak
Excuses man
In cfb more than half the battle is having better players than the other team esp in the trentches

Both LT and Roberts were too quiet. JHH too. I’m wondering if we made some scheme changes that contributed. Need to go back and rewatch.
Roberts was in on a few plays stopped for little to no yards. Unless you focus on him, its hard to tell because its mostly pile ups and gang tackles

That’s how they justify the misses and taking back up plans
It’s like when u have to take home the back up chick you tell everyone cuz she’s a freak
Excuses man
In cfb more than half the battle is having better players than the other team esp in the trentches
yup

I was out of town for a wedding but recorded it. Is it worth watching? Glad we won.. but dragging my feet

Advertisement
I talked to him beforehand.
Why do you think he didn't haul it in?

Michael Scott Reaction GIF
Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hes the 2nd best CB in the league right now. Every CB gets burned. The days of shutdown CBs are over with these wide open offenses. I saw Xavien Howard get burned yesterday too by Kyle Pitts. It happens. But I digress. My point is that anyone who thinks Hall and Frierson would have been studs if they had gone SEC is just dyck riding at this point.
He isnt Xavien Howards level of a player. Ive watched some of his picks and he has gotten some lucky bounces and poor passes here and there. He gets attacked alot.

Xavien Howard if you attack him alot he definately is making you pay.

Advertisement
There are way too many really good CB’s in the league that have proven themselves with a much larger frame of work than 6 games. Diggs had some really fine plays but crowning him six games in over existing elite level corners is crazy.

You think guys don’t develop??..even the stars do. Bama did not have Mac Jones balking until his last year..pat mahomes was not CLOSE to what he is now and got started in the league..Gus edwards from us..Trent Harris..back in the day tarvres gooden was a specimen who didn’t ball until his sr year.

There’s guys all around the country who get to slow collegiate starts and develop then ball as jr/SR. This year The best example of that is the QB we’ll see this Saturday. So yeaaa bruh we gotta develop these guys. Especially the kids we get in south Florida..the HS coaching isn’t all that for the most part down here…that said I understand your point..we need the guys we get out of HS to be high ceiling guys throughout the classes.

Really like the look of Steed and Keontra on the field at LB together

Major improvements but still not close to Miami level play. They seem to be our two best (where is Cave?, I've written Huff and Brooks off at this point). We need them to keep getting better every game to start a true win streak. ... sorry state but truth is I think we're better without an MLB on the field.

Advertisement
Back