Some thoughts on the NC State game

Advertisement
Best thing we can hope for is enough turnaround in this season to realize that we have fighters but just little enough to retain the coaching staff and the cesspool administrator that hired it. Retain a piece or two of coaching staff for consistency (especially in recruiting) and bring in a head coach that not only knows Xs and Os but also how to manage a game. This job can be way more attractive than to have to rely on bringing in Chudzinski as our “best” option.

TVD looking good but not the time yet to break out the crown for him. I don’t know why posters are so quick to make a determination. Is there anything wrong with saying that he is the right guy…for now (and watch to see continued development and ego kept in check with clear efforts of improvement and leadership)? Keep it up team. Looking to see how they respond to being a larger dog and playing away from home. Could be turning moment for this group.

Advertisement
Our corners can’t cover anyone. 29 got abused the entire game.

James Williams is probably the best player on defense. He’s everywhere and Dmoney is right, he is waving his arms, getting everyone pumped before EVERY play. He can clean up his tackling (like almost everyone else) still trying to body guys with his shoulder instead of wrapping with his arms but otherwise he’s a joy to watch.

Offensively, we’re a pass to set up the run team. I think Lashlee is confident enough in TVD to realize that and now runs just to keep the defense honest. I’d prefer we had a line that could run block but it’s clearly not happening. Usually we can get the running game going in the second half after the defense gets gashed through the air so that’s what they’re going to have to do through the rest of the season.

The team is still sloppy and undisciplined and a coaching change is inevitable but they still play hard. We’ve seen teams throw in the towel on coaches before but this team is still giving effort even if they’re not being coached very well.

You could tell the team rallied behind TVD, they were battling for him which says a lot. After the game knighton and others went directly to him. He took on that pressure and handled it like a boss. I just hope we can keep this young group together. There’s a nice nucleus to work with for the next coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You could tell the team rallied behind TVD, they were battling for him which says a lot. After the game knighton and others went directly to him. He took on that pressure and handled it like a boss. I just hope we can keep this young group together. There’s a nice nucleus to work with for the next coach.

Not going to call you out since you’ve given us great info and been right on 90% of things but you said few weeks ago the team has checked out and will fold

Clearly some guys have checked out like Bolden, Ivey but is the addition of adding the younger guys that have the team actually fighting every game

Advertisement
So I saw dunson got some playtime. What was that all about? And what do we think about him long term ?

Advertisement
Back