Some thoughts from the Under Armour Camp

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
- Quincy Wilson took home the defensive MVP and deserved it. He was beating receivers up at the line all day and made a couple athletic INTs. The thing I like most about him is his approach. Very business-like and competitive. With his size and athletic makeup, he will start multiple years for someone at safety.

- The three best receivers I saw were Shawn Burgess-Becker, Travis Rudolph and Corey Holmes. Burgess-Becker (2015) is a big body who separates effortlessly and catches everything in his radius. Rudolph has changed my mind- he is a legit receiver with quicks and coordination. Reminds me of Jermaine McKenzie, although his career should turn out better. Holmes looks like a college receiver. He has the size at 6'1, 180 pounds, and he ran some of the best routes in the camp. Although he's not a burner, he can explode in short areas (36 inch VJ). And even though he had a couple concentration drops today, he has natural hands and catches everything away from his body. I'd be very happy if he and Ermon Lane were the two receivers in this class.

- Terry McCray did a nice job in coverage. He's not a Matthew Thomas-type freak who covers as well as he rushes, but he's good enough to be a legit linebacker.

- The QBs didn't have any 7on7 action, but Eduoard spun the ball well and showed off his release.

- Devonaire Scott (2015 TE from Southridge) is big and fast, but has a long way to go before he becomes Miami-caliber at TE. Lots of drops and some struggles getting off the line against the Quincy Wilsons of the world. He has the raw tools, though.

- Ryeshene Bronson (Gator WR commit from Fort Myers) was not very impressive. He can run, but he's very skinny and struggled all day to beat press coverage. Steve Ishmael of North Miami Beach also had a tough day. He lacks speed and quickness and had trouble separating from the better corners.

- Chris Lammons is who we thought he was. Long arms, good strength and a natural athlete. He even played some WR and made plays there.

From the "Al Golden Just Gets It Department," there were three young ladies in Miami gear that walked around handing out brochures for the Al Golden Summer Camp. Lammons gave them a big smile.

Advertisement
Good stuff, Dmoney. Yo I noticed you gave QW hella props for his coverage skills and performance and then hit us with the "safety prospect" line. LOL! So im guessing you still are not convinced he can play corner at the next level?..I will take your word for it seeing that you go to these camps and have the chance to see him one on one against the elite of HS. I thought people said he more then held his own against Lane and Brady in one of the camps you went to?..Maybe I read wrong..

Also, with Steve Ishmael performance..(which does not surprise me) do you think he comes off the big board or gets "demoted" to a Plan C option?

Good stuff, Dmoney. Yo I noticed you gave QW hella props for his coverage skills and performance and then hit us with the "safety prospect" line. LOL! So im guessing you still are not convinced he can play corner at the next level?..I will take your word for it seeing that you go to these camps and have the chance to see him one on one against the elite of HS. I thought people said he more then held his own against Lane and Brady in one of the camps you went to?..Maybe I read wrong..

Also, with Steve Ishmael performance..(which does not surprise me) do you think he comes off the big board or gets "demoted" to a Plan C option?

I don't even see Wilson as a tweener, he's a safety and a good one. He's gotten very, very big. He's a beast at the LOS, but when he's turning and running with guys he looks like what he is-- a big safety.

Ishmael is not UM-quality, IMO. Very good ball skills but he can't get open consistently against the better corners.

If Wilson thinks that he's guaranteed to play corner at all the other schools recruiting him, Quincy is gonna be disappointed

Advertisement
Good stuff D$. You think golden changes his mind about rudolph and offers him as a WR?

Seems like the Rudloph train has left the buliding. He may be a very good WR, still like the other options we have on the board and the kid basically called outour coaches.

If Wilson thinks that he's guaranteed to play corner at all the other schools recruiting him, Quincy is gonna be disappointed

quite a few schools are recruiting him as a big corner, its all about scheme really. in a man heavy scheme where he's up on the los beating up receivers, he can succeeed.

Advertisement

From the "Al Golden Just Gets It Department," there were three young ladies in Miami gear that walked around handing out brochures for the Al Golden Summer Camp. Lammons gave them a big smile.

129.gif

Maybe the fact that Wilson is a big safety but thinks he is a corner is part of the purported disconnect with him and the staff?

Advertisement
Surprised that we're not all over Wilson. There's gotta be more to the story. Personally I'd rather not know, but this doesn't look like a pattern with our staff, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here at this point.

Agree, ES. At what point does personal pride get in the way and you just tell our staff to F off if you Quincy? I mean dang. This kid has been to every camp imaginable, came out fairly well if not excellent and still no offer. Does anyone know if FSU or UF have offered yet?

Agree, ES. At what point does personal pride get in the way and you just tell our staff to F off if you Quincy? I mean dang. This kid has been to every camp imaginable, came out fairly well if not excellent and still no offer. Does anyone know if FSU or UF have offered yet?

UF has offered he is visiting Florida this weekend and he is bringing Tyrek Cole with him. I have my doubts about his offer being commitable other corners higher on the board and even if UF were to take him as a corner no way he ever plays corner at Florida he is a safety. Golden must not like Wilson as a player because he could easily offer him as a safety and say he will give him a chance to try corner.

Advertisement
I've been a big fan of Corey Holmes since my friend sent me his highlights on facebook. Kid looks smooth. I want him as one of our WRs in the class.

Lammons is a huge must.

Oh and Golden just get's it!

I've been a big fan of Corey Holmes since my friend sent me his highlights on facebook. Kid looks smooth. I want him as one of our WRs in the class.

Lammons is a huge must.

I've been a big Holmes fan since the last UA combine. Him and Rudolph are both beasts though they don't have the noteriety yet like Lane and some others. Would like them both but I don't feel too confident with either unfortunately.

Lammons is a huge must.

I've been a big Holmes fan since the last UA combine. Him and Rudolph are both beasts though they don't have the noteriety yet like Lane and some others. Would like them both but I don't feel too confident with either unfortunately.
I think Holmes ends up at Michigan or Notre Dame

Advertisement
Back