Some thoughts after watching Brad Kaaya

I just don't like QB's who aren't always comfortable in the pocket, especially in high school. That's a huge concern for me. Luckily he has great physical tools and plenty of time to learn.

From the few clips of Kaaya I've seen, I think his release is a bit slow. Anyone agree or disagree with that?

Yes, I agree with that. But I think that is a mental thing, which actually concerns me more. In the limited video I've seen he takes a while to scan the field and get rid of the ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ah yes, the old build em up to tear them down is in progress.

Just so we're clear, I'm not as high on Kaaya as others are either.

Neither are the schools in his backyard, which seems strange for a guy that our fans are so nuts over.

UCLA wants him

They didn't offer him, so they don't want him that badly.

He has an offer from them.

Advertisement
Just so we're clear, I'm not as high on Kaaya as others are either.

Neither are the schools in his backyard, which seems strange for a guy that our fans are so nuts over.

UCLA wants him

They didn't offer him, so they don't want him that badly.

He has an offer from them.

I didn't think he had one. If he does, then I'm wrong on UCLA.

I didn't realize he had that UCLA offer either.... figured if that had happened it woulda blown up here with all the b*tches going nuts about him flipping.

Does he actually have that offer?

So what's the gut feel on him sticking to the commit:

Yeah or Nay. I have no inside information what's so ever, but I think he sticks due to what Coley has with prior QB development to NFL.

Advertisement
I didn't realize he had that UCLA offer either.... figured if that had happened it woulda blown up here with all the b*tches going nuts about him flipping.

Does he actually have that offer?

3 posts above this yours (6 above this one), Pete said yes.

Going to be great competition next year, and I'd expect Golden to decide who his QB will be not Coley. I'd make Olsen a slight favorite and Kaaya a relative longshot at this point.

Advertisement
So what's the gut feel on him sticking to the commit:

Yeah or Nay. I have no inside information what's so ever, but I think he sticks due to what Coley has with prior QB development to NFL.

Come on bro its already threads asking the same bullsh!t just stop it already he's all cane

I think Ryan Williams starts but Olsen will be our starter by the end of the season. Kaaya will redshirt....

I think if Kaaya or Olson can play 75% as good as the Florida State QB we will have a NC before they are done.

Tough to say when one guy is still in high school. But I'm not the only one bullish on Kaaya. He will have an opportunity to compete.

Not sure if that's an impressive indicator for Kayaa or a cause of concern for what it means about Olsen.

I will say this, I've always felt like our fanbase was overhyping Olsen.

Olsen was overhyped? Please expound on that.

No need to. Just read any thread about the kid on here. Dude is a good prospect, but if you listen to some on here you'd think the kid was a can't miss 5 star stud. Basically to many, he's the savior. I don't see savior.

I don't know if he is the savior, but i do know he is the best QB that we have brought into this program in a long time. I also know that fans on here instantly forget he was injured almost all of his senior season, and what they last seen of him in the All Star game. Tends to make them think he is less than what he is. Olsen isn't some scrub that got an offer because who he is related too. Dude did very well at the elite 11, and didn't have to wait for offers to come his way. Even James Coley was after Olsen while at FSU.

We don't need Olsen to be a Winston, or a Johnny Football. Although it would be nice to have. We just need a Olsen to be efficient, and allow Stacy, and our other WR/TE to make the big plays.

Bottom line is this. If a frosh doesn't come in and play right away people cast them off. The next kid that is being recruited is all of a sudden better than the previous one at said position.

Advertisement
Back